Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- gugahoi - 2011-05-17

DejaVu Wrote:uTorrent widget has been discontinued, and in my opinion (the creator) needs dropping.
I thought Hernandito had some cool css hacks to get it a little less bloated. Myabe we should put the instructions in the extra folder? No need to drop it just yet. Some people still have use for it...

DejaVu Wrote:Quick update on the Message Widget, I've cleaned it up, removed the Extras button for a prefered 'More' link and also put the System selection in the 'More' section seeing as not everyone will have more than one setup. The entire message widget now just lives on one line saving room!!

Looks awesome Deja, simple and effective! (I also love the dark drop down!)

- gugahoi - 2011-05-17

Hey guys, I think I've got a massive hack for you all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzbCVrinU4E

Let me know what you think - 3/4 columns with individual setup so switching between them preserves the setup for each layout!

- DejaVu - 2011-05-17

gugahoi Wrote:Hey guys, I think I've got a massive hack for you all.

Let me know what you think - 3/4 columns with individual setup so switching between them preserves the setup for each layout!

OMFG - I am speechless. SPOT ON!

I also have a single CSS file to introduce. Just change the customCSS to using this one I just created and VOILA!

I call it BLACK VELVET.
I'm still considering changing the Blue fonts to white?

Only things I found hard to change was the Progress Bar on both the HDD and Sab Widget - and the Headers in the Coming Episodes widget. Any pointers without hard coding it be cool.

Using !IMPORTANT in the CSS too to make sure the colors get priority instead of inherited from the others.
Oh - and there is hard coded CSS in the Trakt Widget ATM too AND in the Library widget landing places (The Movie names are Orange Sad)

--EDIT--
Is there a bug in the Search Widget that keeps the Loading ICON attached to the cursor - or is that their on purpose?

Also Gugahoi, your Trakt seems a lot different than mine. You have the upcoming only and loads automatically... Can we get in as it is yet?

- DPickles - 2011-05-17

DejaVu Wrote:OMFG - I am speechless. SPOT ON!

+1

- DejaVu - 2011-05-17

I'm also now going though Hernandito's changes to see if they can be implemented as easy as my above CSS did. Smile

--EDIT--
DONE Hern's theme - called hernandito.css. Added to the Repo.

I think it's pretty much nailed. Hopefully he can confirm soon...
Again, this is just a simple CustomCSS change in the config.php to hernandito.css

Backgrounds are remotely loaded to save filling MFP media folder up.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-17

DejaVu Wrote:Is there a bug in the Search Widget that keeps the Loading ICON attached to the cursor - or is that their on purpose?

Also Gugahoi, your Trakt seems a lot different than mine. You have the upcoming only and loads automatically... Can we get in as it is yet?

No bug it is how the plugin works. It is supposed to go away after the results come up tho.

And the trakt widget, ye that was one of the original versions. But the more I see it loading there in the corner the more I like it. Doesn't take a lot of room, looks nice and exerts a somewhat nice functionality. Big Grin

I've been playing around with things now, and I've got tons of hacks! hahaha I'll make a branch with the hacked layouts and a an extra one that could turn out to be my favourite. Will post a video shortly of what I'm taling about!

- gugahoi - 2011-05-17

Here it is -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UVyE9xabxw

It add complexity to things but it might be worth it!
what do you think?

- hernandito - 2011-05-17

gugahoi Wrote:I thought Hernandito had some cool css hacks to get it a little less bloated. Myabe we should put the instructions in the extra folder? No need to drop it just yet. Some people still have use for it...

Looks awesome Deja, simple and effective! (I also love the dark drop down!)

My widget is for transmission where I edited the transmission HTML templates to fit inside an iframe. Works well. If people are interested I can share. I run transmission on my unraid server.

- hernandito - 2011-05-17

gugahoi Wrote:Hey guys, I think I've got a massive hack for you all.

Wow!! Can you make switching via a drop box and one does not need to edit the config.php. This is like toggling environments to suit one's task. You could configure a multitude of layouts and toggle between them. Let me formulate my thoughts on this and describe in detail. I see how it could be done with a multitude of MFP folders but this would be very dynamic. I will pm you and deja tomorrow.

- PaulC2K - 2011-05-17

Hi,

Im really liking this app/tool, having just started using Sab+SB+CP im amazed at whats out there i had absolutely no idea existed, and this seems to be a really nice central location to bring all that data together. Nice work.

Is there a location where additional widgets are available? I cant think of any i need right now, but it wouldnt surprise me if theres a few i grow to appreciate and depend upon.
Im hoping its nice and easy to reskin, might just have a dabble during the week and put my own spin on it.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-17

PaulC2K Wrote:Hi,

Im really liking this app/tool, having just started using Sab+SB+CP im amazed at whats out there i had absolutely no idea existed, and this seems to be a really nice central location to bring all that data together. Nice work.

Is there a location where additional widgets are available? I cant think of any i need right now, but it wouldnt surprise me if theres a few i grow to appreciate and depend upon.
Im hoping its nice and easy to reskin, might just have a dabble during the week and put my own spin on it.

Not really, this is where you find things, but we've got new widgets being made all the time. If you think of one you need, just mak a request in this thread and it will possibly get made.

Reskinning should be mostly css so it's not overly complicated.

- SleepyP - 2011-05-17

Hey guys, posted an Apache Hints page over here:
http://mediafrontpage.lighthouseapp.com/projects/76089/apache-configuration-hints

Figured out how to make Apache automatically take care of providing username / password as it proxies, so no more semi-random double login prompts! I wrote it up pretty much in one go, so contribute edits / suggestions as you see fit Smile

- guy_smiley:) - 2011-05-17

Celox Wrote:i have all the web-apps running through lighty's proxy module so no need for port definition. all requests and apps communicate locally through loopback.

I am trying to set this up, but I can't seem to get SABnzbD redirected through a proxy properly, nor CouchPotato. I have Sickbeard working through a proxy as I added web_root but urlbase isn't working for CouchPotato and SABnzbD just doesn't seem to like me.

- SleepyP - 2011-05-17

Can anyone give me some pointers on applying CSS to text output, so like certain text gets bolded and whatnot? Are there styles that are in use throughout MFP? I know PHP pretty well, but I haven't had any practical experience with CSS before Sad

I ask cuz I'm back at working out the old vs new JSON libraries and also updating the Now Playing widget so its both better than it used to be and will work with both the Stable 10.1 and nightly versions of XBMC.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-17

SleepyP Wrote:Can anyone give me some pointers on applying CSS to text output, so like certain text gets bolded and whatnot? Are there styles that are in use throughout MFP? I know PHP pretty well, but I haven't had any practical experience with CSS before Sad

I ask cuz I'm back at working out the old vs new JSON libraries and also updating the Now Playing widget so its both better than it used to be and will work with both the Stable 10.1 and nightly versions of XBMC.

CSS is pretty simple. It basically applies styles to html tags, classes or ids. So you can make that all divs with id='crazy' have the same styling applied. For me, I prefer to put the style as I go, but it makes the code extremely messy and not so easy to change so it's highly discouraged to do it that way. But all in all CSS is the style property of HTML. Bold text is not a very good example as the <b> tag is usually the default bold. But say you have a an entire text page with div id='somestuff' then you can set your css like this

Code:
div#somestuff{
    text-decoration: line-through;
    text-align: right;
    text-transform: capitalize;
}

This will transform all inside the the div with id 'somestuff' into all caps with line-through and whatnot. For me, my coding program autocompletes code so it's very easy to do CSS, but if I ever need something I'm not sure exists I always google. (BTW, I think # represents id's and . represents classes...)

Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong!

Now I need some help myself: can anyone confirm that the database branch works in that last commit? And if so, what extras are required? 'Cause for the life of me I can't seem to get it working in XAMPP for Mac. Either sql support is off or the XAMPP user doesn't have permissions to access the database. Either way, I'm not sure how to proceed. This is the error I get:

Quote:Exception : SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file
Notice: Undefined variable: settings in /Users/guga/Sites/Database/functions.php on line 126

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /Users/guga/Sites/Database/functions.php on line 129

Notice: Undefined variable: settings in /Users/guga/Sites/Database/functions.php on line 134

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /Users/guga/Sites/Database/nav.php on line 19