Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- DejaVu - 2011-05-17

hernandito Wrote:Hi Guga,

What is the benefit of the database version?

It has a page that configs the PHP file for you on first load if memory serves me.

Still broke for me, even after CHMOD'ing everything 'sudo chmod 777 /var/www'

- hernandito - 2011-05-17

DejaVu Wrote:It has a page that configs the PHP file for you on first load if memory serves me.

Still broke for me, even after CHMOD'ing everything 'sudo chmod 777 /var/www'

Don't you have to type the command sudo chmod -R 777 /var/wwww?

- PaulC2K - 2011-05-17

chaoticmaster Wrote:There is a couple of additional steps needed for XAMP.

Add extension=php_openssl.dll to \xamp\php\php.ini to fix the https issues.

For the deprecated errors you can go to each line that is reporting the error and change =& to = .The other option is to update PEAR which is a bitch.

x23piracy Wrote:Hi,

has this someone running under XAMPP on Windows?
I cannot get it to run, i enabled curl in php.ini and phpinfo is showing curl support.

I get some error messages if i try to open the webif:

Code:
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Programme\xampp\php\PEAR\Config.php on line 80
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Programme\xampp\php\PEAR\Config.php on line 166
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\Programme\xampp\php\PEAR\Config\Container.php on line 111
Notice: Undefined index: episodes in C:\Programme\xampp\htdocs\widgets\libXBMCLibrary.php on line 155

Please help

Greetz X23

HAHA, fancy that.. i was going to post explaining the info i followed last night to get rid of that error, last night i'd quoted it to say thx and must have forgot, and yet there it is when i quote your post to try and answer it Big Grin

As the first quote states, on the lines with the error, remove the full stops after the =
Ive duplicated the line then //'d the original and tagged em 'C2K' so i can locate em if i ever have issues which need them putting back.

- edit -
Thats for the 3 PEAR errors, dunno about the 4th error, didnt get that one on here.

As originally intended... thanks for the pointer chaoticmaster

Synology - SN33KY - 2011-05-17

Anny one got this working on a synology NAS?

It has a build in webserver.. and how to install it on the synology?

- DejaVu - 2011-05-17

I got rid of the XAMP error a hell of a lot easier than messing with the broken settings.

THE UNIFORM SERVER

Download codename Orion and all problems vanish!

Xamp has definitely changed something recently. Sad

- DejaVu - 2011-05-17

hernandito Wrote:Don't you have to type the command sudo chmod -R 777 /var/wwww?

Nope, tried all different variations and it did not work I'm certain the files are all CHMOD'd to 777...

- RaNaMaster - 2011-05-17

i feel its much easier use the config file the database feel much slower to edit lets just keep the config file way n its a lot less work for you but if still feel like you need to make it then go nuts Big Grin

- Nick8888 - 2011-05-18

DejaVu Wrote:It has a page that configs the PHP file for you on first load if memory serves me.
It replaces the config.php and layout.php with a database and moves configuration to a http://mfp/settings page within the interface.

RaNaMaster Wrote:i feel its much easier use the config file the database feel much slower to edit lets just keep the config file way n its a lot less work for you but if still feel like you need to make it then go nuts Big Grin

Exactly, efficiency is the problem. It needs lots of work which is why it never made it to the master branch. Alot can be used from it though when we look at simplifying the configuration process.

- DejaVu - 2011-05-18

Somethings not quite right or I just turned into a total tool.
Any pointers as to why this is happening?

I downloaded the Database branch via ZIP. Extracted it to my XBMCLive install @ /var/www/

Made sure I Chmod the entire directory and the directory itself.

sudo chmod 777 /var/www/*
sudo chmod 777 /var/www

I checked they are with definitely writable.
All good so far...

Then open Chrome + http://xbmclive/settings

- SleepyP - 2011-05-18

just to keep you guys informed, I am working on libXBMCLibrary.php, xbmcjsonlib.php, and the Now Playing widget. I am working on making a single setup that automatically works with both versions of the XBMC JSON interface. It looks like libXBMCLibrary.php is where the most work will happen, as that basically provides a semi-abstracted place to pull data from XBMC. If I do this right, the widgets can pretty much be version-agnostic and work with either interface. This will necessitate doing some re-writes to Now Playing, but I was gonna re-write that widget anyways since it could be nicer. It should be possible to make a single uniform library you can use to make calls to the XBMC database. Once I get that done, it should actually make it a lot easier to make a "port" of that library that essentially serves up the same data, but pulled directly from a MySQL database.

One thing I think we oughta do: A single widget that combines Now Playing, Control, and XBMC Message and also some additional controls and an "XBMC is offline" page with Wake-On-LAN and Start XBMC buttons. I think this would obviously be renamed something else, like XBMC Remote. This widget is pretty much independent of the database, so I'll work on that after I get the Recent Movies, Recent Episodes, and the database library done. I already did most of the hard stuff, its just implementing it and debugging now.

- SleepyP - 2011-05-18

Deja, you need to do chmod 777 -R /var/www/*
The -R makes it 'recursive' so it applies to all subdirectories.

- DejaVu - 2011-05-18

SleepyP Wrote:Deja, you need to do chmod 777 -R /var/www/*
The -R makes it 'recursive' so it applies to all subdirectories.

Tried that. Still the same outcome. Sad

- gugahoi - 2011-05-18

DejaVu Wrote:THE UNIFORM SERVER

Download codename Orion and all problems vanish!

Xamp has definitely changed something recently. Sad

This might be your problem! The database version uses SQLite so maybe this doesn't come with the PHP SQLite driver, therefore the "driver not found error". You might need to uncomment it on the server config page or install it altogether.

SleepyP Wrote:just to keep you guys informed, I am working on libXBMCLibrary.php, xbmcjsonlib.php, and the Now Playing widget. I am working on making a single setup that automatically works with both versions of the XBMC JSON interface. It looks like libXBMCLibrary.php is where the most work will happen, as that basically provides a semi-abstracted place to pull data from XBMC. If I do this right, the widgets can pretty much be version-agnostic and work with either interface. This will necessitate doing some re-writes to Now Playing, but I was gonna re-write that widget anyways since it could be nicer. It should be possible to make a single uniform library you can use to make calls to the XBMC database. Once I get that done, it should actually make it a lot easier to make a "port" of that library that essentially serves up the same data, but pulled directly from a MySQL database.

One thing I think we oughta do: A single widget that combines Now Playing, Control, and XBMC Message and also some additional controls and an "XBMC is offline" page with Wake-On-LAN and Start XBMC buttons. I think this would obviously be renamed something else, like XBMC Remote. This widget is pretty much independent of the database, so I'll work on that after I get the Recent Movies, Recent Episodes, and the database library done. I already did most of the hard stuff, its just implementing it and debugging now.

Nice!

- DejaVu - 2011-05-18

gugahoi Wrote:This might be your problem! The database version uses SQLite so maybe this doesn't come with the PHP SQLite driver, therefore the "driver not found error". You might need to uncomment it on the server config page or install it altogether.

Me personally, I'm using XBMCLive. Cannot remember if I install SQLite on it - PHP Curl definitely is though. I shall install SQLite onto my XBMCLive install and see if it fixes it (although, I think it;s already there in XBMCLive).
The Uniform Server was for a friend running the original on Windows 7.

- RaNaMaster - 2011-05-18

SleepyP Wrote:One thing I think we oughta do: A single widget that combines Now Playing, Control, and XBMC Message and also some additional controls and an "XBMC is offline" page with Wake-On-LAN and Start XBMC buttons. I think this would obviously be renamed something else, like XBMC Remote. This widget is pretty much independent of the database, so I'll work on that after I get the Recent Movies, Recent Episodes, and the database library done. I already did most of the hard stuff, its just implementing it and debugging now.

yes yes n yes +1