Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- gugahoi - 2011-05-23

_Mikie_ Wrote:I want all the sections for each layout option to be a different name so if I want to apply something to just one layout then it will work. Currently if I apply something to section 1 it affects all the layouts with section 1 not just one of the layouts..

But why would you want that? What can you gain from having them named in this way?

Sorry my bad, didn't read things properly. Are you sure they all change? How are you modifying things?

- _Mikie_ - 2011-05-23

gugahoi Wrote:But why would you want that? What can you gain from having them named in this way?

Sorry my bad, didn't read things properly. Are you sure they all change? How are you modifying things?

I just changed the css and the layout files to match with new names and it all works except then it shows one long list with no columns. The columns are displayed below each other. Probably best if you try it out and see what happens. I'll try look through and see how to fix the issue I'm having though

Edit: Nevermind I just looked at your new crazy layouts version and its all changed so no need. BTW have we scrapped 3 or 4 column layouts now?

- gugahoi - 2011-05-23

_Mikie_ Wrote:I just changed the css and the layout files to match with new names and it all works except then it shows one long list with no columns. The columns are displayed below each other. Probably best if you try it out and see what happens. I'll try look through and see how to fix the issue I'm having though

Edit: Nevermind I just looked at your new crazy layouts version and its all changed so no need. BTW have we scrapped 3 or 4 column layouts now?

Hmm I'm not sure. I don't exactly know where to take it from there. With the way it is now, it has some predefined workspaces that are not so customizable. Therefore, I think until there's a way to add/delete widgets to a page, that branch will pretty much stay where it is, and choosing between 3/4 columns can be a user decision? Haven't been thinking so much about that to be honest. I want to get the bugfixes ready so we can roll out v1.0 and then we can focus on other things... I thought we'd be quicker with v1.0 and take a long time at v2 since it's supposed to be a big change. We might be losing a bit of focus with all these changes now which I don't think is a good thing. Maybe we can go back to discussing that when we finish v1? I'm getting confused with so many changes, sometimes I even feel we're taking it in a very different direction and a lot of these changes will possibly be lost when we swap over to the Database branch... IDK, just speaking my mind a bit.

- _Mikie_ - 2011-05-23

gugahoi Wrote:Hmm I'm not sure. I don't exactly know where to take it from there. With the way it is now, it has some predefined workspaces that are not so customizable. Therefore, I think until there's a way to add/delete widgets to a page, that branch will pretty much stay where it is, and choosing between 3/4 columns can be a user decision? Haven't been thinking so much about that to be honest. I want to get the bugfixes ready so we can roll out v1.0 and then we can focus on other things... I thought we'd be quicker with v1.0 and take a long time at v2 since it's supposed to be a big change. We might be losing a bit of focus with all these changes now which I don't think is a good thing. Maybe we can go back to discussing that when we finish v1? I'm getting confused with so many changes, sometimes I even feel we're taking it in a very different direction and a lot of these changes will possibly be lost when we swap over to the Database branch... IDK, just speaking my mind a bit.

I see what you saying. There basically 5 or 6 tickets left and then V1.0 is done. So hopefully that doesn't take to long. I think for V2.0 a direction needs to be decided so either database or no database and then go with it. Currently like you said everyone seems to be moving in there own direction with there branches..

- Nick8888 - 2011-05-23

gugahoi Wrote:You sure? I just saw RuudBurger's CouchPotato lighthouseapp page and he has it setup like that...

It's got a weird auto sort and I can't find anywhere to manually sort them.

I think it sorts by:
First - Due Date (soonest first)
Second - Creation date (newest first)

I just added some due dates to 1.0 and 2.0

I think July 1st is a pretty reasonable target for v1.0 anyway.

Re: Crazy Layout
I like this idea but agree with everything you said. Its easy to become bloated. It needs to be done right so that it fits in with upcoming features such as a settings page and add/delete widgets.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-23

Nick8888 Wrote:It's got a weird auto sort and I can't find anywhere to manually sort them.

I think it sorts by:
First - Due Date (soonest first)
Second - Creation date (newest first)

I just added some due dates to 1.0 and 2.0

I think July 1st is a pretty reasonable target for v1.0 anyway.

Re: Crazy Layout
I like this idea but agree with everything you said. Its easy to become bloated. It needs to be done right so that it fits in with upcoming features such as a settings page and add/delete widgets.

Apparently the criteria to separate milestones is alphanumeric order so there was something weird happening there -> according to this.

I am also happy to say I might have a few bugfixes in my repo and I'm eager to do this pull request but maybe someone ought to test it beforehand? I should have fixes for #12, #16 and possibly finished the wSystem widget (#20) so that leaves only a couple left! Specially if my hunch that #23 and #24 were flukes is correct. Please let me know fellas....

https://github.com/gugahoi/mediafrontpage

- drunkendragon - 2011-05-23

Quote:https://github.com/gugahoi/mediafrontpage

Don't know if i can help, but:
1. Can't close widget anymore with X, because there is none.
2. Coming episodes: Scroll bar doesn't seem to work
3. XBMC Info: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\wamp\www\mp\XBMC-PHP-RPC\rpc\Client.php on line 202

I'm using XBMC Pre 11.0, May 15th, with the included xbmcjsonlib (not xbmcjsonlib_nightly) on Firefox 4
Love the new config layout!

EDIT: Getting "XBMC's JSON API did not respond". Replaced xbmcjsonlib with xbmcjsonlib_nightly and renamed it. Same error, but getting "JSONRPC active and working".
Have to look into that, but first dinner! Wink

- SleepyP - 2011-05-23

hey Gugahoi, do you have my "updated" files that will work in either version of XBMC in your repo? Also, send me a message when you're ready for testing, I will be happy to test every config I can think of Smile

- CoinTos - 2011-05-23

Hi gugahoi,

I have a version of wUPS that I am happy enough with to submit to the repo.... Only thing is I don't know how.

Here a preview of it.

Supports both APCUPSD and NUT, though NUT is untested currently.

- DejaVu - 2011-05-23

Post the required files/folders in a ZIP and we can add it for you. Smile

Quote:Don't know if i can help, but:
X's working for me
ComingEpisodes Scrollbar also working. Must be your end I think. This is cloned from https://github.com/gugahoi/mediafrontpage

Loving the System widget G! Smile
Although something wrong with parsing the Folder names @
Code:
TV Shows path: multipath://smb%3a%2f%2fXBMCLIVE%2fXBMC%2fmedia%2fTV%20Shows%202%2fTV%20Shows%2f/smb%3a%2f%2fXBMCLIVE%2fXBMC%2fmedia%2fTV%20Shows%203%2fTV%20Shows%2f/smb%3a%2f%2fXBMCLIVE%2fXBMC%2fmnt%2fTVShows1%2f/

Movies path: multipath://smb%3a%2f%2fXBMCLIVE%2fXBMC%2fmedia%2fMovies%201%2fMovies%2f/smb%3a%2f%2fXBMCLIVE%2fXBMC%2fmedia%2fMovies%202%2fMovies%2f/

Video Add-ons path: addons://sources/video/

Also been trying add the CustomScrollbar to it...

- _Mikie_ - 2011-05-23

Anyone got any ideas why my browser is asking for authentication suddenly and then if I cancel it loads everything perfectly without needing authentication. Haven't changed anything..

Restarted Sickbeard and it is asking for Sickbeard authentication.. Any ideas?

- gugahoi - 2011-05-24

drunkendragon Wrote:Don't know if i can help, but:
3. XBMC Info: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\wamp\www\mp\XBMC-PHP-RPC\rpc\Client.php on line 202

I'm using XBMC Pre 11.0, May 15th, with the included xbmcjsonlib (not xbmcjsonlib_nightly) on Firefox 4
Love the new config layout!

EDIT: Getting "XBMC's JSON API did not respond". Replaced xbmcjsonlib with xbmcjsonlib_nightly and renamed it. Same error, but getting "JSONRPC active and working".
Have to look into that, but first dinner! Wink

That's good to know. Even tho it's highly unlikely that was caused by one of my updates. The only thing I can think of is since you're using a nightly build and I only coded for XBMC 10.1 for now, the error generated from that possibly propagated... Does the system widget work at all? Will see if I can at least suppress the errors for nightly builds for now.

SleepyP Wrote:hey Gugahoi, do you have my "updated" files that will work in either version of XBMC in your repo? Also, send me a message when you're ready for testing, I will be happy to test every config I can think of Smile

I believe so! I just forked from the official yesterday and I think you're files were there, right? Otherwise, upload them here and I'll put them in my repo so that it can go into the official when I make the pull request.

I think you can test the configs away unless you use addresses like 'http://IP/sickbeard/' since I haven't thought of a way to streamline that config yet. And also let me know if the library widgets load promptly now or if they take a while to load? And if the video library is alphabetically ordered?(matter of fact I don't think that's gonna change for you since you're in the nightlies and my modification was only for Dharma - older rpc).

Furthermore, if you have something to add in the comments for the default-config, please do! Don't know how clear I was in explaining things there!!

Cheers

CoinTos Wrote:Hi gugahoi,

I have a version of wUPS that I am happy enough with to submit to the repo.... Only thing is I don't know how.

Here a preview of it.

Supports both APCUPSD and NUT, though NUT is untested currently.

It looks good. As DejaVu said, just upload them here and someone will put it up for ya. Big Grin

DejaVu Wrote:X's working for me
ComingEpisodes Scrollbar also working. Must be your end I think. This is cloned from https://github.com/gugahoi/mediafrontpage

Loving the System widget G! Smile
Although something wrong with parsing the Folder names @
Code:
TV Shows path: multipath://smb%3a%2f%2fXBMCLIVE%2fXBMC%2fmedia%2fTV%20Shows%202%2fTV%20Shows%2f/smb%3a%2f%2fXBMCLIVE%2fXBMC%2fmedia%2fTV%20Shows%203%2fTV%20Shows%2f/smb%3a%2f%2fXBMCLIVE%2fXBMC%2fmnt%2fTVShows1%2f/

Movies path: multipath://smb%3a%2f%2fXBMCLIVE%2fXBMC%2fmedia%2fMovies%201%2fMovies%2f/smb%3a%2f%2fXBMCLIVE%2fXBMC%2fmedia%2fMovies%202%2fMovies%2f/

Video Add-ons path: addons://sources/video/

Also been trying add the CustomScrollbar to it...

That's weird, my paths parsed just fine. Maybe something to do with Windows encoding? Don't think it would be hard to fix that tho. Can you have a look and see if tickets #12 and #16 are fixed for you as well?

CHeers

- DejaVu - 2011-05-24

One of my Favorite RSS Feeds does not Parse 'Error: Unable to determine feed type.'

http://www.vcdq.com/browse/rss/1/0/2/3/0/0/0

Any ideas? Feel free to use it too. Wink

- DejaVu - 2011-05-24

gugahoi Wrote:Can you have a look and see if tickets #12 and #16 are fixed for you as well?

Widgets not failing to load has never been a problem for me, so cannot really comment on that one.
As for the Library Widget throwing everything out of order, mine seems to work in Alphabetical.

Will put on LH too. Wink

- Xfinity - 2011-05-24

Hi everyone!

First off I must thank all that have contributed to this excellent tool/information hub.

I wasn't going to use it first because I didn't want to hassle with setting up a webserver with php support. But thanks to DejaVu's guide I found XAMPP and here I am enjoying things.

But unfortunately I got a strange thing going on with the ComingEpisodes-widget. I just switched to reverse proxy and have set sickbeard up accordingly to this guide. When I do that get a empty ComingEpisodes-widget.

When I look at the widgets page source, I see "Your browser does not support iframes.". Strange when I just used it a few minutes ago, with Chrome, and without reverse proxy plus without anything in sickbeards configuration file under "web_root = ".

I have tried various url formats in $sickbeardcomingepisodes without any luck.

Do any one has an idea how to help me out? Wink

Thanks in advance!