Kodi Community Forum
MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaFrontPage - Web interface with widget type architecture to control multiple apps (/showthread.php?tid=83304)

- steve1977 - 2011-05-27

gugahoi Wrote:I just noticed this right now. For some reason, when running from my laptop's XAMPP server it works fine - this is the one I test most things. But if I run MFP from my actual server's webserver, the widget doesn't seem to load anything! Don't understand why! Will look into it, but if anyone can give me some input would be great. Completely lost with regards to this!

Thanks for looking into this. This would be great. Unfortunately, I have no idea, but if you need me to do some testing or have anything I can try out, please let me know.

Btw, would be great to have "most-watched-weekly" instead of "trending". "Trending" appears quite random as the top-ones showing are the ones watched by 2 people.

- drunkendragon - 2011-05-27

gugahoi Wrote:Just as I suspected, that error is propagating so that confirms that the interaction with XBMC nightlies is what breaks things. I've been a bit busy, will try and make it compatible with them as soon as I can. Thanks for checking that for me!

just downloaded your latest git. wSYSTEM works! Only have one problem left. I can scroll in comingEpisodes..sort of..but the scrollbar it self will only move 0,5cm.

- _Mikie_ - 2011-05-27

drunkendragon Wrote:just downloaded your latest git. wSYSTEM works! Only have one problem left. I can scroll in comingEpisodes..sort of..but the scrollbar it self will only move 0,5cm.

Known bug and is being looked into. Smile

- _Mikie_ - 2011-05-27

For windows 7 whats the best server software to be running?

_Mikie_ Wrote:For windows 7 whats the best server software to be running?

uniform server

_Mikie_ Wrote:Known bug and is being looked into. Smile

Does that also include the now playing widget not working? The buttons work fine when I run a movie or show, but i don't see what's playing.
When i choose to play a movie or show from the recent widgets it doesn't start also.

I have to say I'm using a nightly build, but it does work if i run it through the build-in web server from xbmc it self and play it from there

- gugahoi - 2011-05-27

drunkendragon Wrote:Does that also include the now playing widget not working? The buttons work fine when I run a movie or show, but i don't see what's playing.
When i choose to play a movie or show from the recent widgets it doesn't start also.

I have to say I'm using a nightly build, but it does work if i run it through the build-in web server from xbmc it self and play it from there

I don't think the nowplaying widget has been updated to work with nightlies yet.

- gugahoi - 2011-05-27

_Mikie_ Wrote:Known bug and is being looked into. Smile

I don't think that's a bug, I think dejavu designed it this way. If you enable the minimal banner view, the scroll works just fine.

- steve1977 - 2011-05-28

drunkendragon Wrote:uniform server

*updated post*

I just installed uniformserver (removing xampp). My hope was to get the trakt widget working, but unfortunately it is still not working (even after installing uniformserver). Anyone with any idea how to get this working?

Separate topic - I (again) do not succeed to get uniformserver running at win7 start-up. Any idea how to do this?

- gugahoi - 2011-05-28

steve1977 Wrote:*updated post*

I just installed uniformserver (removing xampp). My hope was to get the trakt widget working, but unfortunately it is still not working (even after installing uniformserver). Anyone with any idea how to get this working?

Separate topic - I (again) do not succeed to get uniformserver running at win7 start-up. Any idea how to do this?

Ok, I think I've got it. Try getting my latest repo and see if the trakt widget works for you. I don't think the problem was with XAMPP since I run it on my laptop and it has always worked for me. But now it also works in Apache for Ubuntu so hopefully this means it works for everyone.

- steve1977 - 2011-05-28

gugahoi Wrote:Ok, I think I've got it. Try getting my latest repo and see if the trakt widget works for you. I don't think the problem was with XAMPP since I run it on my laptop and it has always worked for me. But now it also works in Apache for Ubuntu so hopefully this means it works for everyone.

Thanks for your help; I will try it out shortly.

One Q, which is a bit off-topic - for whatever reason, I don't get either xampp nor uniformserver to run on start-up. I find online (for both) that it is straight forward and I just need to install it as a service. That's what I have done and I don't get any error message. However, it still does not work on start-up. Using Win7. Thanks for any help!!!

- SleepyP - 2011-05-28

Hey all, I just finished updating the Now Playing widget so that it properly handles both stable and nightly builds of XBMC. I had to add a new method call into xbmcjsonlib.php so that has been updated in addition to the widget. I also found like 2 final stray errors in the Transmission, so that's been updated as well.

My repo is here https://github.com/DivinityCycle/mediafrontpage

DrunkenDragon, you were asking about the NowPlaying widget so you might want to check it out, let me know if there are any issues. I believe the only files you would need to get from my repo are xbmcjsonlib.php and widgets/wNowPlaying.php. I would also recommend widgets/wXBMCLibrary.php since the Library widgets have been updated to work with both versions of XBMC as well.

The only weird thing I found was that if you launch a video from a widget using the old stable version of XBMC, basically none of the video meta-data is available. I mean like the interface only gives you the filename and fanart path for the file that is playing. Its really weird. The nightly builds with the newer interface do NOT do this, they always give you nice meta-data. Just a heads-up in case you are using the old XBMC and are like "hey why does it only show my movie info some of the timeHuh"

Also I'm quite sure you guys will have some better ideas on how to format the info and/or what to display. I was mostly just going for "it works and looks decent".
-EDIT-
Almost forgot, this means I'm just about ready to close my ticket on the JSON compatibility issue. The only other thing on my roadmap was the offline / networking stuff, which is a completely different topic.

- drunkendragon - 2011-05-28

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for your help; I will try it out shortly.

One Q, which is a bit off-topic - for whatever reason, I don't get either xampp nor uniformserver to run on start-up. I find online (for both) that it is straight forward and I just need to install it as a service. That's what I have done and I don't get any error message. However, it still does not work on start-up. Using Win7. Thanks for any help!!!

@steve1977 Right click the systray icon and then it's something like start en install service..that doesn't work for you? It does here...
@gugahoi Trakt is working with your latest repo!
@SleepyP Tried your repo also. Now playing does also work if I start a movie from the htpc itself, not for example the recent episodes widget

Using a nightly form May 15th on Windows 7 with uni-server

- steve1977 - 2011-05-28

drunkendragon Wrote:@steve1977 Right click the systray icon and then it's something like start en install service..that doesnt work for you? It does here...

This does work for me. However, after restarting my server, I need to do it again and it doesn't auto-start. Did you add something to autostart folder or is this the only thing you have done.

- drunkendragon - 2011-05-28

steve1977 Wrote:This does work for me. However, after restarting my server, I need to do it again and it doesn't auto-start. Did you add something to autostart folder or is this the only thing you have done.
auto startup folder is not the way..this is all i have done to install it as a service:
just a tip: installed it in c:\uniserver if you use spaces or something it maybe won't work.
Check start > run > services.msc if apacheS1 is there.