Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- tboooe - 2011-02-26

stoli Wrote:[quote=tboooe]Stoli...bugs?....

Will fix..

@tboooe - I'll check out the now playing overlapping issue.

This one may not be a skin issue, but I'll look into it.

As for the delay for movie information, that is by design. I'll add an option to disable the delay.

Banner.jpg - will check

Regarding the movie informatoin when pressing i while watching, I think that its odd that the timebar and info first appears at the top then moves to the bottom. It may make more sense to just have it appear it at the bottom where people are accustomed to seeing it?

- stoli - 2011-02-26

tboooe Wrote:Regarding the movie informatoin when pressing i while watching, I think that its odd that the timebar and info first appears at the top then moves to the bottom. It may make more sense to just have it appear it at the bottom where people are accustomed to seeing it?

Having at the top is more consistent with the rest of the skin and also the way it was in Aeon (at least at some point in time it was) and quite frankly, the way I like it. Wink

The idea behind the delay is simple, more often then not I just want a quick time check while watching something, so a quick double tap of "Info" on my remote displays current and finish time w/out cluttering the screen. If I want more info, it appears after a 4 second delay. The progress bar at the to was by request... The delay will be configurable by the end of the day.

- stoli - 2011-02-26

IAmNotAUser Wrote:Looks better now, thanks Smile http://tinypic.com/r/2mxn695/7

However, is it meant to be so far over on other videos or is this just me? http://tinypic.com/r/2v1vjme/7

I must seem so picky, sorry! :p I do appreciate all your work on this skin Nod

smilenkovski Wrote:Hi stoli. It seems that now trailers play only full screen despite of changing the option in skin settings.

Updated 02/26/2011:

v.9.5.1

- Fixed overlapping issue in Now Playing reported by tboooe
- Fixed some VideoOSD positioning issues
- Fixed TV show logo positioning issues
- Fixed 16x9 and Next Aired
- Foxed 16x9 Logo
- Added Media view to Now Playing

- tboooe - 2011-02-27

stoli Wrote:Updated 02/26/2011:

v.9.5.1

- Fixed overlapping issue in Now Playing reported by tboooe
- Fixed some VideoOSD positioning issues
- Fixed TV show logo positioning issues
- Fixed 16x9 and Next Aired
- Foxed 16x9 Logo
- Added Media view to Now Playing

Awesome! you rule! Did you find out what was causing banner.jpg not to appear in Media View?

Also a question about your song view for music. You use the same fanart that is displayed in the upper left corner as the background image. Have you considered using the folder.jpg as the small image and leaving the fanart as the background?

- smilenkovski - 2011-02-27

Thanx for nice update.
Any chance to support Weather+ plugin?

- stoli - 2011-02-27

tboooe Wrote:Awesome! you rule! Did you find out what was causing banner.jpg not to appear in Media View?

Nope. Haven't looked at it yet.

Quote:Also a question about your song view for music. You use the same fanart that is displayed in the upper left corner as the background image. Have you considered using the folder.jpg as the small image and leaving the fanart as the background?

The Media View 2 does this. I'll look into some tweaks.

smilenkovski Wrote:Thanx for nice update.
Any chance to support Weather+ plugin?

Not until the other bugs are worked out and it is on the official repository. I was hoping for March 1 but that doesn't look like it is going to happen.

- stoli - 2011-02-27

tboooe Wrote:Awesome! you rule! Did you find out what was causing banner.jpg not to appear in Media View?

This works as designed - have you downloaded a banner version of the thumb? It's not meant to look for a banner.jpg file. The setting allows different views to be present depending on what type of thumbs you are using by default.

- Morbeas - 2011-02-27

Thanks for an awesome skin! Any chance you can have which letter you're on display as you're fast scrolling through the movies?

- stoli - 2011-02-27

Morbeas Wrote:Thanks for an awesome skin! Any chance you can have which letter you're on display as you're fast scrolling through the movies?

Done. Smile

Updated 02/27/2011:
v9.5.2
- Changed Full Screen Info
- Added Pop-Up letter when fast scrolling
- Minor Tweeks
Update:
- Added Panel View (was there, just not working)
- Remove another 3,000 or so lines of outdated code. This one shouldn't be painful as it only affected the Music now playing that has been consolidated into just one view at the top.

- tboooe - 2011-02-27

stoli Wrote:This works as designed - have you downloaded a banner version of the thumb? It's not meant to look for a banner.jpg file. The setting allows different views to be present depending on what type of thumbs you are using by default.

Got it...so I have to use use folder.jpg as my banners? I thought Night which Neon is based on used banner.jpg?

- stoli - 2011-02-27

tboooe Wrote:Got it...so I have to use use folder.jpg as my banners? I thought Night which Neon is based on used banner.jpg?

Keep in mind I started this back in September and haven't really pulled any updates from Night since November or so. There are way too many differences at this point to say "well Night does it".

In two views, 3d Banner and Banner Panel does Night look specifically for banner.jpg. In all other instances it uses the default thumbnail.

Feel free to mod those two views - it honestly should be REALLY easy to integrate mcborzu's changes into them as I haven't modifed anything other than the font in those particular views.

I really don't like using external files where not absolutely necessary (logo.png as an example) so it's nowhere on my radar at the moment.

- theironyuppie - 2011-02-28

first of all, great skin! i was on night befor this but wasnt happy with the music views.
much happier now.
my question is this: does this skin support cdart and if so how do you enable it?
i was using aeon prior to night and have downloaded a heap of cdart that are currently going to waste. if its not yet available can you please add it?

- tboooe - 2011-02-28

stoli Wrote:Keep in mind I started this back in September and haven't really pulled any updates from Night since November or so. There are way too many differences at this point to say "well Night does it".

In two views, 3d Banner and Banner Panel does Night look specifically for banner.jpg. In all other instances it uses the default thumbnail.

Feel free to mod those two views - it honestly should be REALLY easy to integrate mcborzu's changes into them as I haven't modifed anything other than the font in those particular views.

I really don't like using external files where not absolutely necessary (logo.png as an example) so it's nowhere on my radar at the moment.

Got it! BTW, nice update! Thank you for always being so responsive and for improving you skin.

Regarding the Song view only reason why I use that is because it presents more information about the artist that I like to see. I think it would be cool to have the option to show the folder.jpg or fanart.jpg in Song view. Anyway just my 2 cents.

- stoli - 2011-02-28

theironyuppie Wrote:first of all, great skin! i was on night befor this but wasnt happy with the music views.
much happier now.
my question is this: does this skin support cdart and if so how do you enable it?
i was using aeon prior to night and have downloaded a heap of cdart that are currently going to waste. if its not yet available can you please add it?

Not since I removed all of the 'now playing' views and consolidated them into on on the top of the screen.

I suppose it could be added to the music visualization screen pretty easily..

- tboooe - 2011-03-01

Strange music behavior:

When I am in the media info view at the album level and press "i" on a highlighted song in order to rate it, the rating screen overlaps the song list.

The song info on the now playing screen only stays visible for about 9 seconds before disappearing. Is this intended? I think this time should either be configurable or the info should just stay visible.