Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- theironyuppie - 2011-03-10

still lovin the skin, gonna give the latest build a go tonight. lookin forward to the cdart support.
couple of requests regarding the lyrics feature, specifcally lrclyrics. im not sure if its to do with the skin or the addon.
firstly, is it possible to get the lyrics, if available, to come up automatically when you go into visualisation mode? i find it annoying having to turn it on all the time.
and secondly, is it possible to have just the lyrics scrolling with no backgound or album art etc. while playing?
as i said, not sure if its a skin or addon issue so if im askin in the wrong place let me know and ill ask in the lrclyrics thread.
keep up the good work.
cheers

- tboooe - 2011-03-10

Stoli, I think there is an issue with the most recently added TV Shows on the home screen. The most recently added TV shows always displays a blank screen for the screen shot. If I navigate to the TV Show library I can see that there is screen shot of that particular episode. When I go back to the home page, the screen shot appears.

- boulala - 2011-03-10

wkf Wrote:@ Stoli

think i found the fix <onup>8001</onup> needs to be <onup>301</onup>

search for 8001 in includes_home_horizontal and change to 301

WKF

Great worked with me. Hope it doesn't interfere with other settings.

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-03-10

Good morning to all of you from the sunny today Greece\Athens

@ Stoli
I face two problems that i am sure you can fix them.

1. When i am trying for an available update always gives me the message that the update failed WHY?
2. In the VIDEOS mode there are some movie's subcategories i.e Drama-Action-Adventure etc. When i open one subcategory i can see all my movies collection and in the right-low position i can see the movie's case with the sign (DVD or BD),depends on where my cursor is. But if i have a lot of movies then the last ones covers the movies case. Can you please put the case in higher position?
I do not know if you understand what i mean.
And sorry for my English

- stoli - 2011-03-10

wkf Wrote:@ Stoli

think i found the fix <onup>8001</onup> needs to be <onup>301</onup>

search for 8001 in includes_home_horizontal and change to 301

WKF

Can you post the entire file to pastebin. There should have only been two <onup>8001</onup> and both in the TV section, unrelated to Music.

For anyone else - do NOT do a search and replace for 8001 or you will break the home page. Smile

I'll get to the other posts tonight hopefully.

Thanks,

- &quot;wkf&quot; - 2011-03-10

stoli Wrote:Can you post the entire file to pastebin. There should have only been two <onup>8001</onup> and both in the TV section, unrelated to Music.

For anyone else - do NOT do a search and replace for 8001 or you will break the home page. Smile

I'll get to the other posts tonight hopefully.

Thanks,

http://pastebin.com/2fMhrfuq

line 654 under music

am using stoli-skin.neon-f477781

- stoli - 2011-03-11

wkf Wrote:http://pastebin.com/2fMhrfuq

line 654 under music

am using stoli-skin.neon-f477781

Damn it's been a long day - I was looking in the wrong file this morning (include latest added) Smile. Your change does keep it from jumping up but now you can't get to the latest added at all... I'll get it straightened out this weekend.

Thanks for helping - fresh eyes are always a good thing!

- tboooe - 2011-03-11

Stoli, any chance of increasing the font size used in the library views? For example, in Song View in the Music library, the scrolling text is very hard to read. The same can be said of the Info views. Am I the only one having issues reading the text?

- The_Dogg - 2011-03-11

stoli Wrote:I'll double check, but that looks to be unique to you. I just pulled an update and it looks fine here.

i reseted the skin settings and its fine now

For the tv view 16X9 is it possible to use landscape.jpg instead of the fanart

- &quot;wkf&quot; - 2011-03-11

stoli Wrote:Damn it's been a long day - I was looking in the wrong file this morning (include latest added) Smile. Your change does keep it from jumping up but now you can't get to the latest added at all... I'll get it straightened out this weekend.

Thanks for helping - fresh eyes are always a good thing!

Glad to help just wish i knew more, i dont use recently added, just checked it out and even putting 8001 back i have to push down then push up to get music recently added where as movies as tv shows work just pushing up.

Looking forward to your fix as i quite like the recently addeded feature now

Cheers
WKF

- stoli - 2011-03-11

SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:Good morning to all of you from the sunny today Greece\Athens

@ Stoli
I face two problems that i am sure you can fix them.

1. When i am trying for an available update always gives me the message that the update failed WHY?

2. In the VIDEOS mode there are some movie's subcategories i.e Drama-Action-Adventure etc. When i open one subcategory i can see all my movies collection and in the right-low position i can see the movie's case with the sign (DVD or BD),depends on where my cursor is. But if i have a lot of movies then the last ones covers the movies case. Can you please put the case in higher position?
I do not know if you understand what i mean.
And sorry for my English

1. That doesn't sound skin related. What happens if you try to update when using Confluence?

2. You're right - I don't know what you mean. Smile Can you post a screen shot?

- stoli - 2011-03-11

theironyuppie Wrote:firstly, is it possible to get the lyrics, if available, to come up automatically when you go into visualisation mode? i find it annoying having to turn it on all the time.
and secondly, is it possible to have just the lyrics scrolling with no backgound or album art etc. while playing?
as i said, not sure if its a skin or addon issue so if im askin in the wrong place let me know and ill ask in the lrclyrics thread.
keep up the good work.
cheers

I'm not sure on any of those requests... I'll look into it this weekend.

tboooe Wrote:Stoli, I think there is an issue with the most recently added TV Shows on the home screen. The most recently added TV shows always displays a blank screen for the screen shot. If I navigate to the TV Show library I can see that there is screen shot of that particular episode. When I go back to the home page, the screen shot appears.

Anyone else seeing this? I'm not seeing this behaviour on any of the three devices I use.

tboooe Wrote:Stoli, any chance of increasing the font size used in the library views? For example, in Song View in the Music library, the scrolling text is very hard to read. The same can be said of the Info views. Am I the only one having issues reading the text?

Get a bigger monitor? Smile Load Viewtype_Songs.xml in a text editor (notepad++ highly recommended for windows). Search for Font_Neon_24 and change it to Font_Neon_30. That will change it from 24pt to 30pt. (don't arbitrarily try 27 or something like that, they have to be defined in font.xml

If you want to make some global changes, edit the font.xml file and just increase the <size>##</size> settings. I'm still working on normalizing this file so it's a little ugly at the moment. Smile

Remove 'paused' text:
Edit DialogSeekbar.xml around line 355
Code:
<control type="label" id="0">
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>50</posy>
    <width>1920</width>
    <align>center</align>
    <aligny>top</aligny>
    <label>[LOWERCASE]$LOCALIZE[112][/LOWERCASE]</label>
    <font>Font_Bartowski_BigMusic</font>
    <textcolor>33ffffff</textcolor>
    <visible>player.paused + ![[Player.Paused + Player.Caching] + !Player.Seeking]</visible>
</control>
You can remove that whole block or just remove/comment the <label> line.

The_Dogg Wrote:i reseted the skin settings and its fine now

For the tv view 16X9 is it possible to use landscape.jpg instead of the fanart

That sounds doable...

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-03-11

Good evening and God may help Japan and the people.

@ Stoli
1. That doesn't sound skin related. What happens if you try to update when using Confluence?

2. You're right - I don't know what you mean. Can you post a screen shot?

1. I do not know because Confluence does not give so many updates and i can not test it.
2. Unfortunately i do not know how to create and send you a screen shot.
But if you open the Videos and then in the Poster view you will see all your collection and in the right-low position you can see your movie's case with the sign DVD on. If you select the next movie then you will see the new DVD case.But if you have more than ten movies the last ones cover the DVD case for about the 8/10 of its size.
I think that you understand what i mean now.
Thanks for your attention and support

Vagelis....................

- The_Dogg - 2011-03-11

stoli Wrote:
tboooe Wrote:Stoli, I think there is an issue with the most recently added TV Shows on the home screen. The most recently added TV shows always displays a blank screen for the screen shot. If I navigate to the TV Show library I can see that there is screen shot of that particular episode. When I go back to the home page, the screen shot appears.
Anyone else seeing this? I'm not seeing this behaviour on any of the three devices I use.

Not happening for me at all.

what i think it can be, I use local tbn files for thumbs, it's probably the automatic thumbnail creation of xbmc that only happens when you go into library mode.

The latest added on the home screen probably doesn't trigger the automatic thumbnail creation.

- tboooe - 2011-03-11

The_Dogg Wrote:Not happening for me at all.

what i think it can be, I use local tbn files for thumbs, it's probably the automatic thumbnail creation of xbmc that only happens when you go into library mode.

The latest added on the home screen probably doesn't trigger the automatic thumbnail creation.

Good point and thank you....do you think MYSQL has something to do with it? I could get Sickbeard to initiate a full library scan instead of just updating a particular show folder...