Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-03-12

@ Stoli
Quote The DVD case was not supposed to be there, it was part of a different view, Slim List. Before you ask, no I will not add it back and second, slim list is in library views only atm.

I accept your opinion BTW your Skin is atleast one step forward from the others skins...............

- sullydavid - 2011-03-12

Nice skin, been slowly migrating over from Night. I did see two minor issues.

1. In Pictures view thumbnail "reflections" are right side up instead of upside down. I think this is carry over from Night as I saw same issue there. All other reflections (TV Shows, Movies, etc.) are correct.

2. The info screen during playback shows text for finish time in the upper left, however the only time I see (in the upper right) is actual time.

- djwhite - 2011-03-12

I think i may be going mad here,Eek but hopefully somebody may be able to help.
I thought that my set-up of Neon worked in the following way:

I'm using the AppleTV (1stGen) with the very limited remote.

1. Select Movies from the home screen.
2. Scroll through movies until desired film is highlighted.
3. Press the play button.
4. The Movie Information screen appears, showing Play, Trailer, Cast, Refresh, Get Thumb etc...
5. Then select Play from the list and the movie plays.

I had my modem/router upgrading to 50Mb this morning and had to reset the network settings on everything.

Now whenever i press Play from the Movies screen (point 3 above), the movie plays without the info/cast.
I would really like to get it back the way it was but can't figure out / remember how to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- stoli - 2011-03-12

Settings > Video > File lists > Default select action

- stoli - 2011-03-13

nemulate Wrote:Hi Stoli, quick question and apologies if its been answered somewhere before in the previous 75 pages Wink The main menu when it scrolls doesn't continuously scroll, it gets to the end of the menu items then jumps to the start of the list again which looks a little odd to me, is this intentional and am I making any sense??

Thanks

Behaviour updated.

sullydavid Wrote:Nice skin, been slowly migrating over from Night. I did see two minor issues.

1. In Pictures view thumbnail "reflections" are right side up instead of upside down. I think this is carry over from Night as I saw same issue there. All other reflections (TV Shows, Movies, etc.) are correct.

2. The info screen during playback shows text for finish time in the upper left, however the only time I see (in the upper right) is actual time.

1. Fixed - thank you for pointing that out.
2. Not sure I follow - can you give a screen shot?

The_Dogg Wrote:Episodes view (can't remember the right name for that view, see screenshot) the TV show logo is appearing behind the # of items box, it doesn't always happens since it depends on the TV show logo's height, but for most it's being hidden a little bit.

Fixed

The_Dogg Wrote:The Watched overlay in Landscape mode when using logos doesn't look nice, would it be possible to have it different when using logos, the blue strike bar just doesn't look good over logos

Updated - now used the check mark next to the studio/channel logo:

- tboooe - 2011-03-13

On the now playing screen for music, would it be possible to show the elapsed time along with the progress bar on the lower left?

- djwhite - 2011-03-13

stoli Wrote:Settings > Video > File lists > Default select action

Perfect

Thanks

- djwhite - 2011-03-13

Is there a way to show random movie / tv show backgrounds on the home page ?

- stoli - 2011-03-13

Settings > Skin > Backgrounds

- nemulate - 2011-03-13

Thanks for changing the menu, look just right to me now Big Grin

- stoli - 2011-03-13

tboooe Wrote:On the now playing screen for music, would it be possible to show the elapsed time along with the progress bar on the lower left?

How about this view - progress bar is separator under Artist name.

While we are at it - revised Latest Epispode:

- nurgle - 2011-03-13

Hi Stoli,

On the now playing screen is it possible to scale up the cdart to match the size of the cd cover? At the minute its much smaller and looks a bit odd!

Ta!

Amazing skin - Music View Problem - Rob Xbox User - 2011-03-13

I am really pleased with this skin - having tried all the others I think I could now be finely there - I hope! All very slick and professional.

PROBLEM

Whilst changing the music views within music, I seem to have disabled the view (not within the main skin setting). I even tried resetting the skin and still I can't choose any other view type whilst in albums - I can with the other music views....

Help please....Shocked

- tboooe - 2011-03-13

stoli Wrote:How about this view - progress bar is separator under Artist name.

While we are at it - revised Latest Epispode:

nice work Stoli. My suggestions:
make the time lapse font smaller while increasing the font size of the track title or just make all the major items the size to avoid having too many sizes which could make the screen look disjointed.

for the next playing track add "NEXT:" in front

- stoli - 2011-03-13

tboooe Wrote:nice work Stoli. My suggestions:
make the time lapse font smaller while increasing the font size of the track title or just make all the major items the size to avoid having too many sizes which could make the screen look disjointed.

for the next playing track add "NEXT:" in front

There will still be a lot of back and forth changes here. I haven't found a mix of graphics, fonts, details, and overall placement that I'm pleased with. Fortunately this is it's own little sandbox and doesn't impact anything else.

@nurgle - it should be scaled. I'll double check that. Just in case, post a screen shot of your issue.

Thanks,