Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECATED] PicasaWeb - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Picture Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=150)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECATED] PicasaWeb - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon (/showthread.php?tid=83499)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: [RELEASE] picasaPhotos - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon - anchors - 2012-05-10

This didn't work for me, some photos still showing black screen or not displaying at all. Any further ideas ?

RE: [RELEASE] picasaPhotos - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-11

(2012-05-10, 00:35)anchors Wrote: This didn't work for me, some photos still showing black screen or not displaying at all. Any further ideas ?

When you say 'some photos', what do you mean. The highest resolution that actually displayed would be helpful, and the resolutions of the ones that didn't, or any other relevant data.

RE: [RELEASE] picasaPhotos - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon - anchors - 2012-05-15

Apologies, finally got around to having a look.

Most of the photos are 4320 x 3240. Some open, but many dont.

For the ones that dont display the full size image - in 0.90 if you select the thumbnail nothing happens, in 0.89 if you select thumbnail a black screen appears.

RE: [RELEASE] picasaPhotos - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-15

(2012-05-15, 21:07)anchors Wrote: Apologies, finally got around to having a look.

Most of the photos are 4320 x 3240. Some open, but many dont.

For the ones that dont display the full size image - in 0.90 if you select the thumbnail nothing happens, in 0.89 if you select thumbnail a black screen appears.

if you could get me your xbmc.log after trying a few photos, that might help.

RE: [RELEASE] picasaPhotos - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon - anchors - 2012-05-24

My bad, something to do with corrupting the photos when i send from my droid to picasa. Removed these photos and all photos display fine. Got new droid app which works fine now as well Smile Smile Smile

RE: [RELEASE] picasaPhotos - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-24

(2012-05-24, 21:51)anchors Wrote: My bad, something to do with corrupting the photos when i send from my droid to picasa. Removed these photos and all photos display fine. Got new droid app which works fine now as well Smile Smile Smile
That's OK. I'm just glad it's working. My favorite problems are the ones I don't have to do anything to fix Smile

RE: [RELEASE] picasaPhotos - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon - vijayk416 - 2012-05-28

Ruuk, I am now able to look at individual pictures but the slideshow function does not work both when I choose play or Start slideshow from here. Can you please verify what I need to be doing? Is anyone else having this problem.

RE: [RELEASE] picasaPhotos - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-29

(2012-05-28, 21:36)vijayk416 Wrote: Ruuk, I am now able to look at individual pictures but the slideshow function does not work both when I choose play or Start slideshow from here. Can you please verify what I need to be doing? Is anyone else having this problem.
It seems the fix for hi-res photos is causing the problem. Interestingly, I could still play slideshows from the 'folder' level. For instance from the context menu on an album. I did note that the hi-res photos (at least for me) were extremely slow to load. I'll think on it for a while and maybe I can come up with an idea. Please keep in mind that the slideshow functionality is provided by XBMC and not the plugin.

RE: [RELEASE] picasaPhotos - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon - xbmcsnapper - 2012-06-21

Ruuk, thanks very much for all your work on this plugin. I am just trying it out for the first time and I've run into a problem displaying some photo files from Picasa web albums with the plugin. Some photos display fine but others result in a blank screen and a debug log entry like this:
DEBUG: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: http://lh3.ggpht.com/path/_DSC0041.JPG Error:Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x6e 0x36 (0)

All photos display fine in Firefox including the same URL logged with the error. My first thought was that the underscore character at the beginning of the file name may be fracking things up but some of the photos display okay using the plugin (0.8.8) and they also have the underscore at the start of the filename.

I wonder if you have any ideas to help me troubleshoot this?

Re: RE: [RELEASE] picasaPhotos - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon - ruuk - 2012-06-21

(2012-06-21, 07:22)xbmcsnapper Wrote: Ruuk, thanks very much for all your work on this plugin. I am just trying it out for the first time and I've run into a problem displaying some photo files from Picasa web albums with the plugin. Some photos display fine but others result in a blank screen and a debug log entry like this:
DEBUG: msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: http://lh3.ggpht.com/path/_DSC0041.JPG Error:Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x6e 0x36 (0)

All photos display fine in Firefox including the same URL logged with the error. My first thought was that the underscore character at the beginning of the file name may be fracking things up but some of the photos display okay using the plugin (0.8.8) and they also have the underscore at the start of the filename.

I'm currently on a short camping trip, but when I get home I'll see what I can do to help.

RE: [RELEASE] picasaPhotos - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon - xbmcsnapper - 2012-07-01

(2012-06-21, 07:22)xbmcsnapper Wrote: Ruuk, thanks very much for all your work on this plugin. I am just trying it out for the first time and I've run into a problem displaying some photo files from Picasa web albums with the plugin. Some photos display fine but others result in a blank screen and a debug log entry like this:

I'm still struggling with this problem. I tried deleting one of the problem images and re-uploaded another copy using a different filename - still same problem.

Here's a debug log. The first ERROR occurs on line 191. Note that I have replaced the actual paths in the URLs with the word "path". Hopefully someone can recognize what is wrong and give me some advice. Spousal acceptance is in jeopardy here!

RE: [RELEASE] picasaPhotos - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon - ruuk - 2012-07-01

(2012-07-01, 21:49)xbmcsnapper Wrote:

I'm still struggling with this problem. I tried deleting one of the problem images and re-uploaded another copy using a different filename - still same problem.

Here's a debug log. The first ERROR occurs on line 191. Note that I have replaced the actual paths in the URLs with the word "path". Hopefully someone can recognize what is wrong and give me some advice. Spousal acceptance is in jeopardy here!
Could you PM me some actual URLs with the path intact? It's hard to figure out the issue otherwise. The addon is not the source of the error in this case, it is XBMC that is failing to display the image. What I need to do is find out what about the image (or it's URL) is tripping up XBMC and find some sort of workaround.

RE: [RELEASE] picasaPhotos - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon - ruuk - 2012-07-02

(2012-06-21, 07:22)xbmcsnapper Wrote: the photos display okay using the plugin (0.8.8)

I just noticed your version is old.
You need to get v0.9.0 off my repo.

It looks like the ones that don't work are the higher res ones. I made a fix for this after the version you're using.

RE: [RELEASE] picasaPhotos - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon - xbmcsnapper - 2012-07-02

Thanks very much Ruuk. I'll give that a go.

RE: [RELEASE] picasaPhotos - Picasa Web Albums Image Plugin Addon - xbmcsnapper - 2012-07-02

Yes! v0.9.0 solved the issue and all photos display now.

However, some of the context menu items do not work. If I select "Picture information", "Start slideshow here" or "Add-on settings" from the context menu, nothing happens other than the context menu closes. No error in the debug log either.