Suggestions etc... - Printable Version
+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Cirrus Extended (/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+---- Thread: Suggestions etc... (/showthread.php?tid=83680)
- dormamu - 2010-12-17 13:24
Crookas Wrote:I just realised you can already have this functionality: make a folder (anywhere) with your images, go system-skin-Background Customizer and you can select "multiimage" which will then ask you to choose a folder location.
I don't think that's the same principle. With extrafanart, multiple fanarts are used for a specific movie or tv show. These specific fanarts are then not available for other movies and tv shows. Extrafanart goes a bit further than just a folder with multiple images
- therealjoeblow - 2010-12-18 20:45
Nice job on 2.0, I'm really liking this skin now.
A couple of requests:
1) can you please add all of the standard movie views to the "Recently Added" filter? When viewong recently added only the wall view is available, I'd like to be able to use the others (coverflow, etc) too.
2) can you please hide the library update progress window when watching a video? I don't mind it showing while the library is in view, but it should go to the background if the update continues while I'm actually watching a show, movie, or listening to music.
3) the "DTS" icon is physically wider than the "Dolby Digital" one so when browsing the library, the resolution and video codec icons to the left of the audio codec jump around. Same thing for the "AAC" icon (and possibly others, I didn't check them all). Likewise for the video codecs, the xvid icon is narrower than the h264 icon, etc - it would be much nicer if all of the icons were exactly the same physical width so they don't move from their locations, they just change to reflect the actual content.
4) the DTS and AAC icons contain color parts in the icon, while the none of the other audio, video, resolution, etc icons do - they should all be monochrome for a consistent look and feel, the color in these couple of icons looks out of place with the rest of them.
5) The video codec icon for MPEG-2 videos (ie, remuxes of unaltered DVD content into .mkv containers) shows as "MPEG Surround" which isn't really correct, that's an audio codec description.
6) In the TV Show browser, when looking at the main library, the TV Show's logo icon and the studio icon are in one spot; when I go into a show, and hilight one of the seasons, the same two icons appear but in slightly different locations; when jumping back and forth to the main library and the TV show, the shifting of the icons is a bit annoying; also, it's not consistent, when using wide banner view, both of then jump; when using right-list view only the studio icon jumps, the TV show's logo stays in the same place; when using wall view, they both change location, AND the show logo changes size - it would be much nicer if they always displayed in exactly the same locations and at the same sizes.
Most of these suggestions are nitpicks to polish up the skin and make it look more professional and consistent without icons jumping around, etc, It's really coming along nicely overall!
Cheers and Thanks again!
The REAL Joe
awesome! - crazycage - 2010-12-23 16:58
I really love it! I am definitely making this my primary skin but I have a few suggestions:
1) HOMESCREEN RELATED: home screen text/menus more bold, add some color for clock, thicken the whole menu a bit, different font, add RSS options for very top or bottom, add menu position options for middle or bottom (horizontal view), add KenBurns pan/zoom effect for backdrops, underlays (blurred) for ease of font viewing
2) VIEWS RELATED: Poster view (angled) with more movie information such as plot/rating too.
That's all I can think of at the moment! I know it seems like a big list but its minor things right? If it had all that, I would rate this skin 10/10. Right now it gets 9/10. THANKS for all the hard work so far!
Btw, do we get a new version for Christmas? Happy Holidays
- dave77 - 2010-12-23 19:14
Is it possible to add a 'Recently Watched' filter? If you're half-way through watching something it would be useful
- RockDawg - 2010-12-23 19:49
You can do that yourself with a smart playlist. I have one similar except it lists only videos I've recently watched for the first time.
TV Episode Plot - font size toggle - booker88 - 2010-12-27 04:13
Was wondering if it might be possible to include an option to increase the font size for episode plots. Everything else in the skin has been quite easy to read for me, but I have a hard time making out the text for episode plots.
Or would anyone know which file I could edit to change the plot text myself?
I really enjoy this skin, many thanks.
- RockDawg - 2010-12-27 05:31
- booker88 - 2010-12-27 13:15
RockDawg Wrote:Which view?
Ahh sorry. For the "fanart" episode view.
I took a look at the skin.cirrus/720p/ViewsVideoFanart.xml file. But I can't figure out which section is the one I'm looking for.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
- dave77 - 2010-12-27 18:56
RockDawg Wrote:You can do that yourself with a smart playlist. I have one similar except it lists only videos I've recently watched for the first time.
Cheers! Found a how-to on YouTube on adding one to the homepage, would be nice to add Playlists to the Movie menu though
- RockDawg - 2010-12-27 23:24
booker88 Wrote:Ahh sorry. For the "fanart" episode view.
You have the right xml file. You want to change a value on line 1002 (download something like Notepad++ to see line numbers). By default the line reads:
Try changing cirrus_20 to cirrus_24, cirrus_26 or cirrus_30. You can see all the options you have available to you in skin.cirrus/720p/Font.xml file.
- mediumdry - 2010-12-27 23:47
2 suggestions, questions...
1- Could you add the thumb in rightlistview for TV shows? It's there for movies, it's there for series if you have multiple seasons, but not in the screen where it's just the showlist. A bit inconsistent, and I'd very much like to have the option to switch it on.
2- In the "last added" mini screen on the home page for tv shows and movies, it now has a screenshot from the video file for both. For tv shows, this is fine. For movies, I'd like the movie poster, the thumb file, as it makes it easier to see what film it is, it is more related to the movie for me, in my graphical memory, on account of the dvd boxes and all..
thanks for a great skin though.
- booker88 - 2010-12-28 04:33
RockDawg Wrote:You have the right xml file. You want to change a value on line 1002 (download something like Notepad++ to see line numbers). By default the line reads:
That was exactly what I needed, spot on advice. Many thanks sir, you have saved my tired old eyes.
I actually ended up just switching to "bold" and it's easily legible for me now.
- mediumdry - 2010-12-28 10:05
booker88 Wrote:That was exactly what I needed, spot on advice. Many thanks sir, you have saved my tired old eyes.
I changed it to cirrus_24 and that makes it legible to me. Maybe there should be an option in the skin for smaller tv sizes. Mine is 32", which I feel is big enough for me, but most people have larger screens. The text size that is "right" changes with size of screen more than distance watched (as that, I think, is less variable).
In any case, I also changed the font size for the plot in the video info screen, by editing DialogVideoInfo.xml, line 859, to be exact.
Combined with autoscrolling plot, I can now read what it says
Manual Scraper Search has non-QWERTY keyboard - jacktyler - 2010-12-29 19:02
thank you for this amazing skin - i started using it about a fortnight ago after sticking with xbmc camelot and aeon for the last year. i love cirrus, because it is so snappy and intuitive. i have found one thing though, which i hope you agree, would be better changed.
in music library (artist view), when i press my info button and then refresh the artist, sometimes, my scraper doesn't find the artist, so i have the option to do a manual search (i'm using AllMusic as my scraper). but - when the on-screen keyboard comes up, it's not a QWERTY keyboard, the letters are organised alphabetically (a-z) - it makes it a bit hard to type in the name!
hope you don't mind me pointing it out - if it was something i thought i could fix, then i would've, but i'm not sure where to start! oh, by the way, i tested it in aeon to see if the same thing happened (in case it was an xbmc or scraper issue) but it works fine there.
all the best, and thank you for this brilliant skin, i can't tell you how much me I'm enjoying it.
- debug77 - 2010-12-30 15:35
Absolutely love this skin. So nice and clean!
My only wish would be to have a grid (or thumb) layout on the files view. I don't add our son's movies to the library, so we browse files to his folder... and then he chooses the picture