Kodi Community Forum
[Closed] TvTunes Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Closed] TvTunes Addon (/showthread.php?tid=83925)

- JeromyNix - 2011-05-17

sorry, my stupidity is boundless, i thought it would be under "programs" when it was under "video" addons

TVTunes unknown issue - PatK - 2011-05-18

TVTunes has been working for me more or less flawlessly. Recently added a few more TVseries and decided to use the plugins facility to install some more tunes... after what I thought was a successful addition, I found TVTunes inoperative. Here's some of the debug excerpts..

: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating XBMC.RunScript(script.TvTunes,backend=True)
18:59:45 T:3956 M:1907126272 DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To XBMC.RunScript(script.TvTunes,backend=True)
18:59:45 T:3956 M:1908170752 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not return information about unknown plug-in script.TvTunes.'
18:59:45 T:3956 M:1912348672 ERROR: Python script "script.TvTunes" does not exist

18:55:52 T:3592 M:1987276800 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.tvtunes has been installed.'

and then again: I'm NOT SURE what happened...

18:56:15 T:3592 M:1808089088 DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating XBMC.RunScript(script.TvTunes,backend=True)
18:56:15 T:3592 M:1808084992 DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : To XBMC.RunScript(script.TvTunes,backend=True)
18:56:15 T:3592 M:1808019456 DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not return information about unknown plug-in script.TvTunes.'
18:56:15 T:3592 M:1808019456 ERROR: Python script "script.TvTunes" does not exist

Regardless..... I was lucky enough to have a full back-up of the roaming dir and simply copied the old script.TvTunes overtop of the new one... so all works fine again and I'll be cautious of updates, and add manually. Just wondering what happened.

- igotdvds - 2011-05-18

Wrong thread...sorry.

- ronie - 2011-05-18

PatK Wrote:Just wondering what happened.

easy, the script had to change it's name from TvTunes to tvtunes.
some skins haven't been updated and are still looking for the old TvTunes script.

- Dyllanw - 2011-05-25

Great Add-on you made. I just wait to watch my tv-shows to listen the tunes.

Just a question. Are you planning on making it possible to add multiple tunes to a show? Soms shows have had more than one official themesong, for example House, Spin City and Psych. For other shows you can find great tunes on televisiontunes.com like Homer Simpson's 'Everybody Hates Ned Flander' or Ted's 'Screw You' Song from Scrubs. It would be great if either of the theme songs can randomly start playing while you browse.

EDIT: I encountered a problem just now. Televisiontunes.com didn't have the wright tune for Becker. They had it once but were forced to remove it from the site. I still had to download a mp3 file with a text saying they had to remove the tune from the site. When browsing trough the Becker episodes it did not play that message, so I assume it was disable some way. I now found a good version of the tune and places in the correct folder, replacing the one I downloaded. However, it stil doesn't play the song. Any idea's on how to correct this?

EDIT: disregard the previous edit, it suddenly worked. Don't know what I did but I'm happy with it.

- TomPiXX - 2011-05-25

ppic Wrote:just that way :

import xbmcvfs

@ronie, yes i'll do that Wink

Could you explain how to do that?
I want to use your script with the latest nightlies.

- rudeboyx - 2011-05-25

ronie Wrote:easy, the script had to change it's name from TvTunes to tvtunes.
some skins haven't been updated and are still looking for the old TvTunes script.

I get the same error in the log (ERROR: Python script "script.TvTunes" does not exist
), however I didnt upgrade the script as I knew it was incompatible with "Transpareny" (Dharma Version). so im really confused as to why it just stopped working. PS Plugin auto update is NOT enabled.

- ppic - 2011-05-25

rudeboyx Wrote:I get the same error in the log (ERROR: Python script "script.TvTunes" does not exist
), however I didnt upgrade the script as I knew it was incompatible with "Transpareny" (Dharma Version). so im really confused as to why it just stopped working. PS Plugin auto update is NOT enabled.

your tvtune addon id is script.tvtunes, so normal that it can't find script.TvTunes.

- rudeboyx - 2011-05-25

ppic Wrote:your tvtune addon id is script.tvtunes, so normal that it can't find script.TvTunes.

my point was that i am still using the old tvtunes script (id is script.TvTunes) and still using the version of transpareny (skin) that worked worked with it and it was absolutley fine one day, then the next I just started getting this error. Could do with a skin update by ronie to be honest,Wink since the features it incoperates are no longer compatible with the "official" script/s on the repo that it relies on.

- ronie - 2011-05-25

rudeboyx Wrote:Could do with a skin update by ronie to be honest,Wink since the features it incoperates are no longer compatible with the "official" script/s on the repo that it relies on.

will get it out of the door soon. ;-)

but keep in mind, i'm not a big fan of bothering users with skin updates too often. once every few months is good enough for me.

there's currently support for 11 different scripts in T! and i hope everyone can at least slightly understand i'm not going to push an update each time one of them breaks something :-)

- ppic - 2011-05-25

ronie Wrote:will get it out of the door soon. ;-)

but keep in mind, i'm not a big fan of bothering users with skin updates too often. once every few months is good enough for me.

there's currently support for 11 different scripts in T! and i hope everyone can at least slightly understand i'm not going to push an update each time one of them breaks something :-)

Plus, this is my fault, because i pushed my script in official repo as it was mostly used, and i've realized that i've made an error with the id...

can't blame skinners.

- rudeboyx - 2011-05-26

Iv fixed it now by deleting the tv tunes script and re-installing from my "addons/packages" folder, and all is working again. still no idea how my script updated its self to the official repo version. I mean it shouldnt even update it as it has a different addon ID, but my v0.80 had totally been removed and replaced with the official 0.91. the only possiblity I can think of is that when recently downloading some new skins to play with, XBMC has automatically downloaded the new tvtunes script as a dependancy and removed my old version. sureley this shouldnt be happening though?

- ronie - 2011-05-26

rudeboyx Wrote:sureley this shouldnt be happening though?

no, unless you're a windows user i guess.

- rudeboyx - 2011-05-26

ronie Wrote:no, unless you're a windows user i guess.

lol, some times i wonder why i dont just nuckle down and learn to use linux.

- 91dxcrx - 2011-05-26

Is it possible to only have the theme play once when entering the season view and not restarting when entering/exiting different seasons? Thanks