Kodi Community Forum
[Closed] TvTunes Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Closed] TvTunes Addon (/showthread.php?tid=83925)

- ronie - 2011-11-17

willyt Wrote:Hey! So I tweaked TVTunes to play the Blu-Ray menu music for my Movies Library when I flip through them... and it changes music as soon as I move to a different title. Unfortunately, I have another idea, and am currently trying to make it work... but with zero Python experience... I think I'm stuck. I'm trying to have it play the Blu-Ray video menu background video file, and I successfully got it to play as a background for XBMC... but that takes up the whole screen and takes me out of the movie menu. I'd like to simply have it play in the "Picture-In-Picture" mode in the skin, like a mini-movie pops up. Hope that makes some sense at least. Anyway, I thought it was a cool idea and that someone maybe would want to integrate that into TVTunes... or maybe suggest how to do it in Python? All I need is to add the silly video window in the skin.

Thanks!
the start a video in a small window, instead of fullscreen,
you need to add ',1' to the play media command:
Quote:PlayMedia(media[,isdir][,1],[playoffset=xx]) Plays the media. This can be a playlist, music, or video file, directory, plugin or an Url. The optional parameter ",isdir" can be used for playing a directory. ",1" will start a video in a preview window, instead of fullscreen. If media is a playlist, you can use playoffset=xx where xx is the position to start playback from.

to add a video window to the skin, you need to add a videowindow control:
Code:
<control type="videowindow">
    <posx>100</posx>
    <posy>100</posy>
    <width>160</width>
    <height>90</height>
</control>

- Tobby - 2011-11-18

Please help. How do I use it? It hasn't downloaded any themes.

- Deano316 - 2011-11-18

@willyt - how do you get the music to play for movies. Is it a simple fix?

- ppic - 2011-11-18

Tobby Wrote:PLease help. How do I use it? I hasn't downloaded any themes.

how can we help you if we don't know what you've done ...

and don't forget the debug log.

- Tobby - 2011-11-18

ppic Wrote:how can we help you if we don't know what you've done ...

and don't forget the debug log.
I've done nothing. I dont know what to do.

- ppic - 2011-11-18

so start by reading the first post...

- ronie - 2011-11-18

v1.0.11 is now in the pre-eden addon repo.
the script now has an option to store tv tunes in a custom folder.

note: as of now, it is a program addon instead of a video addon!

- Tobby - 2011-11-19

ppic Wrote:so start by reading the first post...
I did, but how do I sesarch with it? All I can do is configure, uninstall or deacivate. It doesn't start any search.

- ppic - 2011-11-19

just clic on it, it will start searching, you need to have tvshows in library.

- Tobby - 2011-11-19

ppic Wrote:just clic on it, it will start searching, you need to have tvshows in library.
Sorry, but when I click on it I come to the info page where I have the options I wrote in my last post.

- timdog82001 - 2011-11-19

It sounds like you're in the addons browser page, where you originally downloaded the file, correct? This is the wrong place. You only install or uninstall programs from here. You need to go to your programs section from the home screen. Some skins don't include it by default, so make sure it's enabled in skin settings. Some skins just call it "addons" instead of programs. Just go into it, navigate to TvTunes, and select it. It will automatically scan all your shows and look for matching themes online, ask you to verify the match for each one, then download them to the appropriate folder.

- willyt - 2011-11-19

@ronie

Thanks for the tips! I really appreciate it. I'm working on it right now... we'll see if I can do it with zero experience.

@Deano316

Well, I edited tvtunes_backend.py Here's what I was using: http://www.mediafire.com/?rrddd625imkjno3 Here are the problems with it:
-First, it could be really easily made into a separate add-on because it's so simple, but I don't know how
-It breaks TVTunes as far as playing themes for TVShows
-All it does is play the theme.mp3 in your movie folders ( I also purposefully changed it to change the theme.mp3 if you mouse over a different movie cause that 's what I wanted Big Grin )

So, if someone wants to take it and improve or fix it, I'd welcome them too. I really think that this is something that ppic and ronie should look into, it'd be simple for them to add the functionality... just so we could place a theme.mp3 in our movie folders and it would play them... however, I'm already focused on my background video idea... we'll see if Python pwns me Big Grin

- Tobby - 2011-11-19

timdog82001 Wrote:It sounds like you're in the addons browser page, where you originally downloaded the file, correct? This is the wrong place. You only install or uninstall programs from here. You need to go to your programs section from the home screen. Some skins don't include it by default, so make sure it's enabled in skin settings. Some skins just call it "addons" instead of programs. Just go into it, navigate to TvTunes, and select it. It will automatically scan all your shows and look for matching themes online, ask you to verify the match for each one, then download them to the appropriate folder.
Thanks alot. Smile Downloading now.

EDIT: Now whe're halfway there. I have the theme.mp3 file, but it doesn't play. I use todays Pre-Eden and tried the Confluence and the Aeon MQ3 skins.

tvtunes for addon listings - ndeshmukh - 2011-11-20

Hi ppic,

Can you add to the backend script an argument which can take the path of the theme music and play it, and the skin can pass it the path. The skin can get the path from the listitem.themePath property, awe can make such a property, then even addons can add listitems with theme music.

I would like to add theme music to the icefilms addon. I will definitely have to mod the scraper so I can use it to scrape for tvsows on icefilms.

I believe any property (key,value) pari could be added on listitem using setProperty. But maybe I am mistaken on that front, and I/we might need to do something about that also.

Thanks for the addon.

ndeshmukh

- Tobby - 2011-11-20

Can someone help me? I have the files, but they don't play. I use Aeon MQ3 (pre-eden)

Also, the downloader crashes at a certain show. It may be that it is the first show (alphabeticly) that has a special character in it (å).