Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=84166)

- john.doe - 2012-01-15

Sorry - I´m a noob.
How or where do I have to put Blackmans files?

- Twigtechnology - 2012-01-15

You can place the xbmc-on-imon files where ever you like.
Please read the readme file included in the RAR.

- BlackMan - 2012-01-17

Twigtechnology:

I'm sorry but I was not able to reproduce the situation that you described. I have no "Pause" text when paused at all (which is also weird but I probably know where the problem is and it is not related to yours). However, I made some modifications, so, please, download the latest version 0.1.9.1 from github.com and check if your problem persists or not. If so, please, enable the detailed debug logging and do as little steps it takes to make it happen - i.e. play a movie, wait a while, pause, wait a while, play, wait a while, pause again, stop (or something like this). Then, disable the detailed logging and make the debug.log file available for me to download. Thanks...

- Twigtechnology - 2012-01-17

Blackman:

Thank you, I have sent you a mail (p.m.) so I would not clog up the forum.

- PatOso - 2012-01-28

Thanks BlackMan, returns work in my Thermaltake DH202 LCD.

- Pythia - 2012-01-30

Hello,
I have been trying to use XBMC on iMon display, but I couldn't make it connect at all.
I am using port 8085. Any idea what is wrong with my setup? The error.log file looks like below.

30/01/2012 19:32:05 [XBMC] Could not open a connection to XBMC
ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: value
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.EnsureValue(JToken value)
at Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken.op_Explicit(JToken value)
at XBMC.JsonRpc.XbmcPlayer.GetActivePlayers(Boolean& video, Boolean& audio, Boolean& picture, Int32& id)
at iMon.XBMC.XbmcHandler.xbmcConnected(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at XBMC.JsonRpc.XbmcJsonRpcConnection.onConnected()
at XBMC.JsonRpc.XbmcJsonRpcConnection.Open(Int32 jsonPort)

- BlackMan - 2012-01-31

Pythia:
Hello,
please, enable the detailed debug logging and do as little steps it takes to make it happen or just wait for few minutes in this case as the connection is starting automatically. Then, disable the detailed logging and make the debug.log file available for me to download. Also ensure that any other program is not using port 8085, use some port checker tool or something like this. Which version of XbmcOniMon are you using?

- Pythia - 2012-01-31

@BlackMan
Thank you for your offer to help me.
I will do what you asked tonight, when I get home.
As about ports, I tried so far 80, 8000, 8080 and 8085. None of them worked.

- Pythia - 2012-01-31

My setup is as follows:
XBMC on iMon Display v0.1.9.3
XBMC v10.1 with live TV support (Media Portal back-end)
iMon Manager v8.12.1202 (ANTEC)

I uploaded my debug.log file at
http://www.mediafire.com/file/81thr62yiplrrhq/debug.log

Thanks

- Crazycat - 2012-01-31

Just registered to say thanks to you guys for developing this!

After selling my HTPC case that had a rather useless iMon touchscreen i almost feared that the replacing iMon VFD would be just as useless. This software brought back hope to my current case!

Since i now own the iMon VFD, i'd really like to have a go at the VFD version made by cdenfert, however, the links don't work no more since Megaupload has been taken down... :mad:

@cdenfert:
Is there another location i could get my hands on your version of the source? I'd really like to try it!

- BlackMan - 2012-02-01

Pythia:

My version of XbmcOniMon is for XBMC Eden, i.e. version 11 and later. Please, read the README file. For XBMC Dharma (version 10), use the Montellese version or search at sourceforge.net for the same project to get the most up to date source.

Crazycat:

I do not know what improvements cdenfert made in his version but you can use my version as it is still compatible with VFD displays. However, the further support is not guaranteed since I do not have a VFD. I will try to keep the compatibility as long as possible.

- Pythia - 2012-02-01

BlackMan Wrote:Pythia:

My version of XbmcOniMon is for XBMC Eden, i.e. version 11 and later. Please, read the README file. For XBMC Dharma (version 10), use the Montellese version or search at sourceforge.net for the same project to get the most up to date source.

That was silly of me. I downloaded the correct version and it works fine. Thank you for your time.

- cdenfert - 2012-02-04

Crazycat Wrote:Just registered to say thanks to you guys for developing this!

After selling my HTPC case that had a rather useless iMon touchscreen i almost feared that the replacing iMon VFD would be just as useless. This software brought back hope to my current case!

Since i now own the iMon VFD, i'd really like to have a go at the VFD version made by cdenfert, however, the links don't work no more since Megaupload has been taken down... :mad:

@cdenfert:
Is there another location i could get my hands on your version of the source? I'd really like to try it!

hi,

it is the compiled version: http://www.mediafire.com/?b316obyh61nb7a0

and the sources: http://www.mediafire.com/?o1f78evelz1c7l5

- Crazycat - 2012-02-12

cdenfert: Thanks!!

I'll give it a go, see if i can get more life out of my VFD.

BlackMan: It's not that your version doesn't work, but the amount of information shown by the VFD seems a bit limited, so thats why i wanted to try cdenferts version.

again, thanks guys!

- gibxxi - 2012-02-23

Would be nice to see the graphical EQ working - At least for music playback.

This isn't possible ATM using Frontview when your running in digital mode. XBMC runs both the audio player and video player in exclusive mode, regardless of the format of the source, which means the Mixer cannot see any sound level information, which in turn means no EQ display.

Turning off Exclusive mode in the driver breaks audio/video playback for sources with multi-channel audio so that's not an option either.

Seeing as visualisers like MilkDrop are able to get sound data from XBMC, it would be nice to see this added to this program. But i'm not very hopeful on this becoming a reality.