Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=84166)

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2012-12-10

It also crashes every time you set a new music album to play. Functionally, this add-on seems to be broken for Frodo atm.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2012-12-11

Edit - Wrong Thread.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - BlackMan - 2012-12-11

XbmcOnImon is not designed and tested with neither Win8 nor XBMC Frodo so the functionality is not guaranteed. In addition, my HDD in HTPC has gone, i.e. I need to order new one (SSD probably) and reinstall. I'm thinking about Linux version of XBMC or openELEC since I had lots of troubles with Win7... However, I don't know if the display and remote is working with Linux. I'll see...

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - baijuxavior - 2012-12-11

I installed XBMC Frodo Beta3 and yes the imon LCD works with xbmconimon.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2012-12-11

(2012-12-11, 13:05)BlackMan Wrote: XbmcOnImon is not designed and tested with neither Win8 nor XBMC Frodo so the functionality is not guaranteed. In addition, my HDD in HTPC has gone, i.e. I need to order new one (SSD probably) and reinstall. I'm thinking about Linux version of XBMC or openELEC since I had lots of troubles with Win7... However, I don't know if the display and remote is working with Linux. I'll see...

I believe there is an add-on already being developed for use with LCDProc for Linux, which if I'm not mistaken is bundled with OpenELEC.

Thinking of going down this route myself. The only thing holding me back is the lack of ability to remote control the system via TeamViewer, unless there is such an app for Linux that's compatible with OpenELEC.

EDIT: ...And OpenELEC might not support my 2007-ish hardware.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - cuberob - 2012-12-15

I've been trying to get this plugin to work on windows 8 X64 with latest imon manager and XBMC 12 FRODO RC1 but no luck.

Everything seems to run fine but as soon as I start XBMC i get an "Unhandled exception has occured" message (String reference not set to an instance of a Sting. Parameter name: s.)

If someone has a solution please let me know, or if i can help out also no problem. Let me know how!

(Case is a Antec micro fusion remote mini btw)

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - BlackMan - 2012-12-15

Are you sure you have the latest xbmcOnImon? Check on github.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Slipx - 2012-12-16

(2012-12-15, 16:56)cuberob Wrote: I've been trying to get this plugin to work on windows 8 X64 with latest imon manager and XBMC 12 FRODO RC1 but no luck.

Everything seems to run fine but as soon as I start XBMC i get an "Unhandled exception has occured" message (String reference not set to an instance of a Sting. Parameter name: s.)

If someone has a solution please let me know, or if i can help out also no problem. Let me know how!

(Case is a Antec micro fusion remote mini btw)

I'm running RC1 with windows 8 X64. I can connect but cannot initialise imon manager. Will try changing the web server port and see if that makes a difference

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - polarrys - 2012-12-19

Hello,

I have a couple of question for my config. I have an OrigenAE M10 case with imon and Win 7 32 bits on a SSD.
When I install Frodo alpha 4, my VFD screen work fine. I have all the media details. AND, I don't use XbmconImon log. I use simply imon manager and all is ok.
When I install Frodo Beta or Frodo RC1, My screen display XBMC(Stop) and no media details are displayed.

So, I don't understand why person use XBMConImon log if imon manager work ?
Why VFD on OrigenAE case doesn't work with Frodo RC1 ?

Thanks a lot.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2012-12-20

The iMon manager software only works with earlier versions of XBMC minimally. A lot of the format icons (for the LCD display) are non-functional with the iMon manager integration, and other quirks. iMon Manager won't work with recent Frodo releases at all because the HTTP API it relies on for communication has been removed in favour of JSON RPC, so the iMon software won't be a solution going forwards, unless they update it (Not too optimistic this will happen quickly, if at all).

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - polarrys - 2012-12-21

(2012-12-20, 20:24)gibxxi Wrote: The iMon manager software only works with earlier versions of XBMC minimally. A lot of the format icons (for the LCD display) are non-functional with the iMon manager integration, and other quirks. iMon Manager won't work with recent Frodo releases at all because the HTTP API it relies on for communication has been removed in favour of JSON RPC, so the iMon software won't be a solution going forwards, unless they update it (Not too optimistic this will happen quickly, if at all).

Thanks for your reply.
I understand now why my imon display doesn't work with new XBMC Frodo.
However, My imon VFD is the most simple : no icon, ... Just 2 line like this :
OrigenAE M10

So, Can you tell what is the solution to enable my VFD with XBMC.

Regards.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - parslej - 2012-12-21

Guys, I understood that iMON manager will not work with XBMC 12.

But not sure why XbmcOnIMon is not working with it? Are you saying this project is no longer developed ?

Frodo is natural consequence for most of users, I very miss my VFD

What I can see here:
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-on-imon/downloads/list

Last version was from Apr this year... Any plans to make it working with Frodo? Maybe ppl know programming can look into it?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - polarrys - 2012-12-21

parslej,

Did you try this version :
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84166&pid=1009329#pid1009329

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2012-12-21

(2012-12-21, 10:15)polarrys Wrote:
(2012-12-20, 20:24)gibxxi Wrote: The iMon manager software only works with earlier versions of XBMC minimally. A lot of the format icons (for the LCD display) are non-functional with the iMon manager integration, and other quirks. iMon Manager won't work with recent Frodo releases at all because the HTTP API it relies on for communication has been removed in favour of JSON RPC, so the iMon software won't be a solution going forwards, unless they update it (Not too optimistic this will happen quickly, if at all).

Thanks for your reply.
I understand now why my imon display doesn't work with new XBMC Frodo.
However, My imon VFD is the most simple : no icon, ... Just 2 line like this :
OrigenAE M10

So, Can you tell what is the solution to enable my VFD with XBMC.

Regards.

(2012-12-21, 10:54)polarrys Wrote: parslej,

Did you try this version :
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84166&pid=1009329#pid1009329

Hi polarrys,

Yes, the Xbmc-on-imon add-on has had all VFD code removed so it won't work with a VFD in any version of XBMC. Your only option here is cdenfert's fork of the original by Montellese. The current version v0.1.9.5 (by Blackman82) only works with Eden and an LCD version (reliably). It crashes for me every time I attempt to play something in Frodo but I need to do more testing to make sure I've not changed something that broke my install.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - budboyntn - 2012-12-23

I am really anxious to get this working. I have installed and I keep getting the following error when starting XBMC. I figured it would continue on and work, but the display never changes.

Once I open XBMC and XBMC and XBMCOnImonDisplay start communication, I get a dialog box that says...

Microsoft .net framework
unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
String reference not set to an instance of a String.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: String reference not set to an instance of a String.
Parameter name: s
at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
at XBMC.JsonRpc.XbmcGeneral.get_BuildDate()
at iMon.XBMC.XBMC.xbmcConnectingFinished(IAsyncResult ar)
at iMon.XBMC.XBMC.<>c__DisplayClass4.<xbmcConnectingFinished>b__2()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
XbmcOniMon
Assembly Version: 0.1.4.0
Win32 Version: 0.1.4.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/Windows.old/Users/XBMC-HTPC/Downloads/XbmcOnImonDisplay-v0.1.4.0/XbmcOniMon.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5460 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5462 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
iMonDisplayApiWrapperSharp
Assembly Version: 0.1.0.7
Win32 Version: 0.1.0.7
CodeBase: file:///E:/Windows.old/Users/XBMC-HTPC/Downloads/XbmcOnImonDisplay-v0.1.4.0/iMonDisplayApiWrapperSharp.DLL
XBMCJsonRpcSharp
Assembly Version: 0.1.0.2
Win32 Version: 0.1.0.2
CodeBase: file:///E:/Windows.old/Users/XBMC-HTPC/Downloads/XbmcOnImonDisplay-v0.1.4.0/XBMCJsonRpcSharp.DLL
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Newtonsoft.Json.Net20
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.0.0
CodeBase: file:///E:/Windows.old/Users/XBMC-HTPC/Downloads/XbmcOnImonDisplay-v0.1.4.0/Newtonsoft.Json.Net20.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.