Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=84166)

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Maestro85 - 2015-08-30

Thanks a lot Cruz40 for your great post. I've got it working with your instructuions.

Using Kodi 15.0, Windows 8.1 64bit

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - javi35 - 2015-09-21

Hi, anyone could help in how to disable xbmc player in imon manager?

is checked by default and I cant disable it

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - cruz40 - 2015-09-30

(2015-09-21, 09:08)javi35 Wrote: Hi, anyone could help in how to disable xbmc player in imon manager?

why do you need to disable it?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - javi35 - 2015-09-30

(2015-09-30, 22:59)cruz40 Wrote:
(2015-09-21, 09:08)javi35 Wrote: Hi, anyone could help in how to disable xbmc player in imon manager?

For this reason:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=84166&pid=1896247#pid1896247

Quote:I have said this before, but it's worth repeating; Disable the "XBMC Media Info" integration in the IMON Manager software, as XbmcOniMon replaces this functionality. IMON's built in support has been broken since at least Eden, and may conflict with XbmcOniMon when trying to connect. This option will be auto-enabled if you install the drivers/software with XBMC installed.

Maybe have I to uninstall kodi, uncheck xmbc option in imon manager and then reinstall kodi?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - cruz40 - 2015-10-01

(2015-09-30, 23:29)javi35 Wrote:
(2015-09-30, 22:59)cruz40 Wrote:

For this reason:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=84166&pid=1896247#pid1896247

Quote:I have said this before, but it's worth repeating; Disable the "XBMC Media Info" integration in the IMON Manager software, as XbmcOniMon replaces this functionality. IMON's built in support has been broken since at least Eden, and may conflict with XbmcOniMon when trying to connect. This option will be auto-enabled if you install the drivers/software with XBMC installed.

Maybe have I to uninstall kodi, uncheck xmbc option in imon manager and then reinstall kodi?

no need to disable xbmc as it doesn't see xbmc because you have kodi installed.
Read my post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=84166&pid=2090674#pid2090674

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2015-10-03

In theory that's correct, since the "xbmc" process won't be running for the iMon drivers to detect. However, I'd also say check it anyway, and disable it if it's shown as active/configurable. If not, then ignore it.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - wunat - 2015-10-07

hello, I finally was able to setup lcd, but two things bothers me.
1) is it possible to use 2nd row of chars at lcd?
2) how to enable scroll of titles?
thanks in advance for help...

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - mickrick - 2015-10-20

So I've just updated to Isengard (15.2) and I can no longer get an "XBMC on iMON" (v0.1.9.5) connection. I did a fresh install to get rid of any annoying plugins and addons and changed my port to 85, which is what it was set as in both applications before the update, and now I'm just getting "Cannot connect to XBMC at 127.0.0.1:85". I tried disabling the firewall, setting different ports - 80 gives a "Web server failed to start" error in Kodi and 8080 just brings up the same "Cannot connect..." error. I've even tried changing the device name from Kodi to xbmc. Nothing works.

When I run a netstat -ab | more command, it shows me kodi is listening on any of the ports I assign, so I don't see why the connection can't be made.

Any help?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - sonyj912 - 2015-10-26

Hi,
I just setup my first HTPC by using Origene S16V and unfortunately neither the VFD nor the IR is working!! I did install the iMon manager from Origene website (listed as VF310(iMon Version) VFD/IR software ) and i believe the connections are made according to the manual. When i check the status of the application (imon) from the task bar, it says hardware disconnected. I am pretty sure the USB cable to the front panel is connected and functioning as i could read a USB stick from that port. Appreciate if any of the friends here can help me on this. Also please let me know if any if you come across any step by step installation guide or video on installation. The one listed in their website is not very clear and misleading as the screenshots are different from the current version they offer!! Please help... really look forward to see my HTPC fully functional and your help will be highly appreciated :-)
Thanks,
Sony.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Raptylos - 2015-10-27

(2015-10-20, 23:14)mickrick Wrote: So I've just updated to Isengard (15.2) and I can no longer get an "XBMC on iMON" (v0.1.9.5) connection. I did a fresh install to get rid of any annoying plugins and addons and changed my port to 85, which is what it was set as in both applications before the update, and now I'm just getting "Cannot connect to XBMC at 127.0.0.1:85". I tried disabling the firewall, setting different ports - 80 gives a "Web server failed to start" error in Kodi and 8080 just brings up the same "Cannot connect..." error. I've even tried changing the device name from Kodi to xbmc. Nothing works.

When I run a netstat -ab | more command, it shows me kodi is listening on any of the ports I assign, so I don't see why the connection can't be made.

Any help?

I had the exact same problem.
I managed to solve the problem by inserting the following lines in advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <jsonrpc>
        <tcpport>9090</tcpport>
    </jsonrpc>
</advancedsettings>

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - mickrick - 2015-10-29

(2015-10-27, 20:12)Raptylos Wrote: I had the exact same problem.
I managed to solve the problem by inserting the following lines in advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <jsonrpc>
        <tcpport>9090</tcpport>
    </jsonrpc>
</advancedsettings>

I tried that but still the same. I've disabled my (windows) firewall so all the ports should be open and available ok. Its just so bloody annoying.

I've just had a look at the log file for xbmc on imon and it says that "xbmc is not alive". That is with kodi minimised. So something is getting lost in translation.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - sonyj912 - 2015-10-30

Apparently I couldn't even get the remote/IR working. The app status shows "iMon H/W disconnected". I am pretty sure that the wiring is correct and the USB is connected as well. I could find that in the device manager and even the front panel USB was working as it could read a USB stick.
I am using Windows 8.1 (64). Is there any special settings I need to do either in iMon or Windows? Look forward to have the experts advise..

Thanks.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - LORDBLADE2000 - 2015-11-07

How do I display the current movie time?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - whampel - 2015-11-16

I am new to the Imon hardware and software - is this the best place to get answers?
If so, here goes my situation. Been reading as much of the above 63 pages as I could but I'm totally confused. I am wanting to use the VFD 310 display in my case for information only and not use the IR capability in Imon built into it at all - in otherwords disable the IR function. I am using a FLIRC for the IR to control Kodi along with a Harmony One remote which works very well. The question: can I use the "XBMC on Imon software" to get information displayed on various media playing using the VFD310 without using the Imon IR control capability. I have tried using the Imon IR function in Imon and it doesn't work very well for my needs. Also, it conflicts with the FLITC if I try using it while running Imon. But I would like to use the VFD for displayed information. Is this possible? Do I need to use the Imon manager still or can I just use the XBMC on Imon softwware?
I may be getting in over my head here; I hope not.
Thank you very much for any suggestions.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - junias - 2015-11-18

you need imonmanager 8.12 and the xbmconimon Wink
you don´t need to use the remote Wink
this will show you what you´re doing in kodi an which shows you actually look Wink