Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=84166)

- Montellese - 2011-01-03

andyking30 Wrote:When i go to "http://127.0.0.1:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetCurrentlyPlaying" on my local machine after selecting a tv episode from the 4 recent episodes list, the lcd only shows the episode name but the the above link reports it correctly.

As I don't know how the HTTP API of XBMC works I'm not sure but XBMC on iMON uses the new JSON RPC API and therefore the implementation of the methods I use to obtain the information on the display might differ. I will look into this though.

- andyking30 - 2011-01-04

Montellese Wrote:As I don't know how the HTTP API of XBMC works I'm not sure but XBMC on iMON uses the new JSON RPC API and therefore the implementation of the methods I use to obtain the information on the display might differ. I will look into this though.

Ah ok thx. Looking forward to the new version Big Grin. Do you have any intention of making it open source to allow other developers to work on it?

- Montellese - 2011-01-04

andyking30 Wrote:Do you have any intention of making it open source to allow other developers to work on it?

Uhm it is hosted on sourceforge with the whole code being in a git repo there so it can't really be more open source: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc-on-imon/. The libraries it depends on (which I wrote myself as well) are also open source with the exception of the native imon display api from soundgraph.

- jinzane - 2011-01-04

Montellese Wrote:"Uninitializing" imon in this context means that xbmc on imon frees the "plugin mode" of imon manager. You can have multiple programs similar to "XBMC on iMON" running simultaneously but only one of them can actually access and control the display. Therefore as soon as XBMC closes xbmc on imon uninitializes the imon plugin mode and allows other applications to control the display.

This is the default behaviour but it does not uninitialize the display itself (because as I stated many times this is currently not possible) but the display's plugin mode.

thanks... :-) nice program by the way... loving it...

navigation using VFD/LCD - Horst - 2011-01-04

Hi,

I'm planing to build an HTPC and because I want to listen music and internet radio without using my tv, a display is a must.

My problem is, that I have no idea, how XBMC will look on
a) LCD and/or
b) VFD
when in navigation mode. The informations that are shown while playing music aren't interesting me. I like to know, if it's possible to navigate through playlists etc. on a VFD or if I have to use a LCD?

I would be very happy, if anybody using a VFD and somebody using a LCD could post pictures of these displays, showing a navigation screen.

Thanks in advance
Horst

- Montellese - 2011-01-04

Ok guys I just released a new version v0.1.4.0. This is the changelog:

Changelog (v0.1.4.0 Beta):
  • General
    • About dialog
  • iMON
    • New version of iMon Display API Wrapper# (v0.1.0.7)
    • Increased maximum delay after scrolling to 5s (from 2s)
  • XBMC
    • Option to show/rotate the disc icon during playback
    • Default values for Music / Music Video Playback text
    • Formatting option to add leading zeros (format: %keyword:length%)
    • Show system time instead of other text

As requested I implemented the possibility to display the system's current time instead of a static text when XBMC is idle (and control mode is NOT enabled). Furthermore I added options to not show media information during playback. I haven't tested this very thorough so I'm sure there are cases where it does not work properly. So just let me know if you see something awkward on your display.

Furthermore I added the following possibility to "format" the media information output during playback:
You can now add a ":" followed by a number (the length) to the media information's keyword. This will add leading zeros to the text to fill it up to the defined length (so this only makes sense for numbers). Here's an example:

Up until now you could only do
Code:
%show%: S%season%E%episode% - %title%
which resulted in something like
Code:
Dexter: S3E7 - some title
Now you can do
Code:
%show%: S%season[b]:2[/b]%E%episode[b]:2[/b]% - %title%
which results in something like
Code:
Dexter: S03E07 - some title

Please test the new features and give me some feedback and maybe further ideas for improvement.

- cartman1337 - 2011-01-05

I love the addition of the ability to show system time, thank you for that one. Smile

If you get the time sometime I think it'd be interesting if during movie playback system time could be a variable as well as the "idle" option. That way I could format the text line something like this:

%system_time% - %duration%

which, together with the progress bars, would give me an indication of about what time I can expect the movie to end when looking at the display, without opening the movie information in XMBC. Wink

Anyway, thanks a lot for this update. Works great! Smile

- Montellese - 2011-01-05

cartman1337 Wrote:I love the addition of the ability to show system time, thank you for that one. Smile
Glad you like it.

cartman1337 Wrote:If you get the time sometime I think it'd be interesting if during movie playback system time could be a variable as well as the "idle" option. That way I could format the text line something like this:

%system_time% - %duration%

which, together with the progress bars, would give me an indication of about what time I can expect the movie to end when looking at the display, without opening the movie information in XBMC. Wink

Why didn't I think of that myself? That would make some internal processes alot easier. The current implementation of the "stay idle" functionality is a bit of a hack (which is a huge understatement). Addind something like %time% to the formatting options would make it much more consistent. This will certainly make it into the next release.

Thank you!!! - dragazn - 2011-01-05

been waitting for this for a long time. I'll give it a tried, this will be on windows 7 64bit.

- cartman1337 - 2011-01-05

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit myself, and it looks to work quite properly.

I don't know if it's the 32/64-bit issue or if it's an issue with that "hack" you talked about regarding the current system time implementation, but after running this new version a few hours now I've noticed this minor "bug":

The system time falls out of sync with the actual system time after a while. After watching a 90 minute movie I noticed that the time in the display was 2 minutes behind the actual system time.

I restarted XBMC and the time re-synced, and I then left the computer stand idling for about another 90 minutes. Even without running any movies the display clock had still fallen 1 minute behind the actual system time.

If it has to do with your "hack" then it might be fixed with the variable solution you started thinking of in your previous post. But in any case, I wanted to point it out.

- Montellese - 2011-01-05

Thanks for the hint. As mentioned I haven't tested it very thoroughly. I'm running a timer in 1000ms intervals but I'm sure that there are variations which cause the time from falling out of sync. I'll see what I can do about it.

- manolo_XYZ - 2011-01-06

hi, i use xbmc 10, the newest imon software and your program (v.0.1.4). but it wont work. your program is connected to xbmc via 127.0.0.1:80 (xbm deselected in the imonsoftware). the normal imon software is working quiet okay with xbmc (shows file title+time,..). is there an other possibility were i made a mistake?

- Montellese - 2011-01-06

manolo_XYZ Wrote:hi, i use xbmc 10, the newest imon software and your program (v.0.1.4). but it wont work. your program is connected to xbmc via 127.0.0.1:80 (xbm deselected in the imonsoftware). the normal imon software is working quiet okay with xbmc (shows file title+time,..). is there an other possibility were i made a mistake?

Do you get an error message or something? Can you turn on the debug logging feature and try to connect and then check and post the content of the "debug.log" file?

- manolo_XYZ - 2011-01-06

http://pastebin.com/pRXnsWiC

startet imon+your software, started xbmc, started a file, stopped the file and closed xbmc

- Ranger Rob - 2011-01-06

manolo_XYZ Wrote:hi, i use xbmc 10, the newest imon software and your program (v.0.1.4). but it wont work. your program is connected to xbmc via 127.0.0.1:80 (xbm deselected in the imonsoftware). the normal imon software is working quiet okay with xbmc (shows file title+time,..). is there an other possibility were i made a mistake?

I just tried this on a new build and have the same problem. I will post a debug log later too.