Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Carmichael (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+----- Thread: [WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=84970)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

- flaviosa - 2011-03-21

How can I add the trailers url?

Can Ember get the trailers url automatically?

- idoru17 - 2011-03-21

mcborzu Wrote:Screenshot? Are you meaning TV logos, never heard anyone having trouble with TV logos being messed up in this or any other skin...

In fact, 3 views have bad display : poster, big grid, coverflow

My config is dharma last release 10.1, 7 ultimate with 1920x1200 display. I, at first, used confluence when I did set up my media database and with confluence everything goes well : views show like they should. The strange part is that this behavior affects only TV Shows, the views in Movies (poster and big grid) are okay.... Any ideas ?

- ppic - 2011-03-21

just seems you're using wrong thumb.

- mcborzu - 2011-03-21

idoru17 Wrote:In fact, 3 views have bad display : poster, big grid, coverflow

My config is dharma last release 10.1, 7 ultimate with 1920x1200 display. I, at first, used confluence when I did set up my media database and with confluence everything goes well : views show like they should. The strange part is that this behavior affects only TV Shows, the views in Movies (poster and big grid) are okay.... Any ideas ?

Use banner views or have XBMC scrape for Posters if you want to use Poster views...

- idoru17 - 2011-03-22

mcborzu Wrote:Use banner views or have XBMC scrape for Posters if you want to use Poster views...

If, in theme/parameters, I set banners (a kinda radio button with landscape pictures for TVShows), the display is much better (even if the banners are a bit too large, aren't they logos up scaled?).
But if I set "use landscape pictures for TVShows" in parameters, the 4 lines view is quite the perfect one, beside the pictures being too much lengthened on the vertical axis. Is there a way to correct this ?

By the way my offer on helping you with french translation still stands....

- mcborzu - 2011-03-22

There are 3 type of images each with different width/height:

Banner
Poster
Landscape

You have banner. If you want all 3 types set XBMC to scrape Posters and then change line 1794 in custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml to:

Quote:<onclick><onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.logo-downloader,mode=bulk,clearart=False,logo=True,showthumb=landscape.jpg,banner=banner.jpg)</onclick></onclick>

The French translation hasnt been updated in awhile, the English strings obviously are up to date- skin.carmichael\language\English\strings.xml. From line 137 down are new...

trailers - flaviosa - 2011-03-22

Hi guys,

I have created the movie-trailer.mp4 and the trailer is working when I use the trailer option in the movie information screen.

The "Press Down" to play the trailer is now working.

Any thought?

- idoru17 - 2011-03-22

mcborzu Wrote:There are 3 type of images each with different width/height:

Banner
Poster
Landscape

You have banner. If you want all 3 types set XBMC to scrape Posters and then change line 1794 in custom_SkinSetting_1111.xml to:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.logo-downloader,mode=bulk,clearart=False,logo=True,show thumb=landscape.jpg,banner=banner.jpg)</onclick>

Thanks, that did it in correcting the bad display for posters and coverflow !

Quote:The French translation hasnt been updated in awhile, the English strings obviously are up to date- skin.carmichael\language\English\strings.xml. From line 137 down are new...

I already uncovered it and assume that you meant from 137 to the end, right ? If that so, I'm on it, give me some days...

Do you know a way to correct this :
If, in theme/parameters, I set banners (a kinda radio button with landscape pictures for TVShows), the display is much better (even if the banners are a bit too large, aren't they logos up scaled?).
But if I set "use landscape pictures for TVShows" in parameters, the 4 lines view is quite the perfect one, beside the pictures being too much lengthened on the vertical axis (nearly high x 2).

By the way, do you intend to add basic Movies/TVShows informations as do Confluence or Transparency, I mean video/audio Codec, screen ratio and such ? I do think The carmichael to be then the most usable/graphic/aesthetic skin I've tried so far in XBMC !

- mcborzu - 2011-03-23

If you followed my example - Have XBMC scrape for "Posters" then ran that script code, you want to check "Use landscape.jpg instead of regular thumb on TV level" actually the wording should be "Use landscape.jpg on TV level" what I got now sounds confusing...

This is what that view should look like with the correct image - no stretching, just perfect images:

The Devs said they want or will look into having multiple thumbs as part of XBMC so hopefully this gets easier for new users in future versions

idoru17 Wrote:By the way, do you intend to add basic Movies/TVShows informations as do Confluence or Transparency, I mean video/audio Codec, screen ratio and such ? I do think The carmichael to be then the most usable/graphic/aesthetic skin I've tried so far in XBMC !

No media flags in Library mode for Carmichael or any new skins I make, the info screen is fine for that stuff. I find them cluttering and distracting...

- flaviosa - 2011-03-24

Hi,

How can I add a XBMC.RunScript command to the "Press Down for a Trailer"HuhHuh

- mcborzu - 2011-03-24

flaviosa Wrote:Hi,

How can I add a XBMC.RunScript command to the "Press Down for a Trailer"HuhHuh

Which view? If poster view then overwrite line 204 in Viewtype_Poser.xml:

PHP Code:
<onfocus>XBMC.PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer],1,noresume)</onfocus

- flaviosa - 2011-03-25

anyone can helpme?

I am using appletv2 and I cant play trailer pressing down.

If I go to the movie information and then press the Play Trailer it works.

Any ideas?

- mcborzu - 2011-03-25

flaviosa Wrote:anyone can helpme?

I am using appletv2 and I cant play trailer pressing down.

If I go to the movie information and then press the Play Trailer it works.

Any ideas?

no clue, it's same code:

Info screen:
<onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer],1)</onclick>

Library:
<onfocus>XBMC.PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer],1,noresume)</onfocus>

- idoru17 - 2011-03-26

mcborzu Wrote:If you followed my example - Have XBMC scrape for "Posters" then ran that script code, you want to check "Use landscape.jpg instead of regular thumb on TV level" actually the wording should be "Use landscape.jpg on TV level" what I got now sounds confusing...

This is what that view should look like with the correct image - no stretching, just perfect images:

Well... I do have "Use landscape" set in parameters/theme but I don't see how to make xbmc scrape for posters (and of course my pictures are distorted).

- ppic - 2011-03-26

check in skin settings, you've got a button to download this landscape thumbs.