Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Carmichael (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+----- Thread: [WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=84970)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

- pyrocyd - 2010-11-14

Great skin!! Thnx!!!

couple of things I encounterd so far:

TV Themes is not working for me.
Apple movie trailer Lite is not working.

Haven't check why.

But love the skin!

- mcborzu - 2010-11-14

Quick update to fix banner icons. I accidently still had it set on banner.jpg, there isn't a setting to use banner.jpg yet. Is only suppose to use the local cached banner...Fix on Download and git.

Things that come to mind to be done:
1. Watched overlays on grid(s)
2. Music Playlist
3. Filebrowser

ppic Wrote:ok to put your git on passion nightly build?
yep

pyrocyd Wrote:Great skin!! Thnx!!!

couple of things I encounterd so far:

TV Themes is not working for me.
Apple movie trailer Lite is not working.

Haven't check why.

But love the skin!
Working for me but will 2x check...

Jezz_X Wrote:Nice work but thank good for disabling UI sounds Smile that click on object one would get on my nerves after a week or 2 Smile

I want to lower the volume on them by 40-50% to make them a little softer just a time thing....

- paul - 2010-11-14

Great Skin. I really like this as it uses sod all system resources on my asrock ion, though not over keen on the green element but i will get used it i guess.
I have noticed a few bugs/errors will post them later once i have used it for a while.Smile

- htpc guy - 2010-11-14

This looks great. I only have a few suggestions.

When I pull up Pandora the "Loading Script" text appears in the upper right overlapping other on screen elements and looks a bit odd. Also the navigating the home screen is a bit jarring. The window with the fanart just moves over left or right depending on your direction. Maybe some type of animation would smooth this out.

Otherwise this is an excellent skin.

- Rygrath - 2010-11-14

Good to hear that banner.jpg support isn't going anywhere. I like having the option of switching between poster/banner/landscape views without having to redo all the poster/folder.jpg's. Really wish more skins took that approach.

On topic, TVTunes seems to work after a fresh start of XBMC for one show, then it kind of just stops working. The favorites window seems incomplete, so I'm assuming that's on the Todo list.

On the Home screen navigation. I've added two Favorites to the main menu. Which now pushed some items off screen to the right like Weather and Settings. However, there doesn't seem to be any visible clue that there is more options that you can navigate to. Like a little right arrow or something unintrusive that would give the family a hint that there is still more options that are just hidden from view.

Right now the last choice on the home screen is Addons. I know that hitting the right arrow will reveal Weather and anything else on the right, the less technically inclined might not.

- Japaja - 2010-11-14

I like it a lot. The design, functionality, views.. great job on this one.

- voidy - 2010-11-14

so far i LOVE this skin been a long time night user but this is even more awesome Big Grin.

a couple of things tho just to point them out (no big deal realy) and i understand it completely if this skin is still in the making and not yet 100% done Huh and that some of this is might be my personal preferences but non the less i point them out Big Grin

tv tunes dont seem to work for me and as i have read for more people

id love to have the mediaflags and studio flags visable in pretty mutch all the views Big Grin

when the xbmc subltitle button in the OSD is active it doesnt fit into the frame.

o and ill try to explain this as best as i can.
when im user banner.jpg for tvshows and when i then go into the seasons it uses a poster frame and when i use landscape.jpg it uses landscape images as season thumbs is there any way to use landscape.jpg for season no matter what normal view ur using ?

and again an AWESOME SKIN Big Grin

- butchabay - 2010-11-14

Hey man you did really a fantastic skin, a little bug here and there, but all in all a MASTERPIECE! Thank you!

- Webbeh - 2010-11-15

Stunning. Just stunning.

Thank you for an awesome UI.

- buzz_kill - 2010-11-15

nice, really polished, only thing i have noticed so far, is if a show doesnt have a logo no identifying name for the series is shown.

- Livin - 2010-11-15

I tried the skin tonight and here 's my thoughts...

I like the concept, I think it is clean and easy to navigate

The biggest issue is that text is often too small and hard to read, even on my 65" screen.

I'm not a fan that the top half of the Home screen is mostly menu and a pic. I'd like to see the same menu but no more than 1/3rd of the screen being used. The rule of thirds (common in photography, advertising, etc) is a good concept IMO for UI design as it is pleasing to the eye/brain.

- Flomaster - 2010-11-15

shit I was just about to go to bed and figured I'd check in on this thread.

git cloning now, and will give it a quick roll in the hay then its off to bed for me.

-=Jason=-

edit: the wife is going to be in for a nice surprise tomorrow when she finds the new skin. I'll report back on the WAF tomorrow.

- xalaros - 2010-11-15

nice skin will be using it probably once it is final on my htpc.
Anyway just wanted to report a bug. I am using xbmc subtitles for sub download and when
it is activated and i press the "M" button during playback there is a bit of a problem with the "envelope of the buttons.
here is an image:

- D0nR0s4 - 2010-11-15

Ok, I really love this skin it looks amazing and feels like one single piece, not put together from parts like some other skins. I think some parts apparently still need some love (especially the now playing buttons and some other textures) and the animations need a bit of perfecting (even though I really like them already) but there is one thing that really bugs me right now.
If a song has a couple of artists it looks very very cramped due to the fact that you decided to incorporate the artist in front of or behind the title in the album list and on nowplaying.

This is the result for one specific album of mine:

Oh and you can also see the Scanning Dialog having some problems with RSS

- Japaja - 2010-11-15

Forgot to mention I love those sound effects and screensaver (damn, like 5 images in a second without any delay or stutters). Big Grin BTW is there an option in xbmc to adjust the interface volume?