Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Carmichael (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+----- Thread: [WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=84970)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

- mcborzu - 2010-11-26

Broads Wrote:+ 1 on a shutdown panel, for shut down, logoff etc. Unless you can put the options on the settings panel menu?.

All that is accessible via the 'Press S' dialog, correct?

Japaja Wrote:Thanks, works fine now. Appears for 2-3 sec then the RSS kicks in. Smile

BTW Can anyone explain to me how do I populate the pictures pane like music, tv shows and movies. It's just not working. Confused

If you mean having trouble setting Home screen backdrops for Home I'll look into it...

- Japaja - 2010-11-26

No, I didn't even try changing the backdrops I like the ones u put there.

I mean is this how pictures is supposed to look like? Is there a way to populate the bottom left and right part of screen with recently added and random picture thumbs just like the music, movies.. screens? Hope this is clear enough.

- Broads - 2010-11-26

Assuming you have access to an "S" button. I use a MCE remote on a vista 64 machine, and there are a couple of buttons that still refuse to work, hence the request for this option.

Thanks in advance, this is a great skin so far.

- mcborzu - 2010-11-27

Japaja Wrote:No, I didn't even try changing the backdrops I like the ones u put there.

I mean is this how pictures is supposed to look like? Is there a way to populate the bottom left and right part of screen with recently added and random picture thumbs just like the music, movies.. screens? Hope this is clear enough.

Actually I did put two, one on each side, fanart boxes in the pictures section but commented it out as I wasn't sure. My thoughts on the sections I left empty was better to just leave blank rather than cram stuff there just to cram. I can always fill them up later....

Though for addons I like to add some custom addons/favorites to the side. Be cool to be able to link like N64, SNES and have the square icons on the sides...

**Also forgot to mention you can now check off Home Items**

- Japaja - 2010-11-27

OK, then it works as expected... so far. That's a good idea for addons, hope something like that is doable.

- cainecollin - 2010-11-28

Something else I noticed (only today due to adding a few new hard drives and such) in the context menu for "Videos" the edit source option is not there. Still love the skin though so far it is my favorite

- mcborzu - 2010-11-28

cainecollin Wrote:Something else I noticed (only today due to adding a few new hard drives and such) in the context menu for "Videos" the edit source option is not there. Still love the skin though so far it is my favorite

Just checked it's there for me. Skins have no control over what is populated in the context menu...

mcborzu Wrote:Just checked it's there for me. Skins have no control over what is populated in the context menu...

Odd... it shows up in the Context menu for PM3, but not charmichael.

Also question about the Banners (TV Shows) is it possible to have it so that you can scroll up/down instead up left/right and slightly smaller to fit a few more on screen at once? (I'm new to the skinning bit so not sure how to go about it on my own)

- mcborzu - 2010-11-28

cainecollin Wrote:Odd... it shows up in the Context menu for PM3, but not charmichael.

Also question about the Banners (TV Shows) is it possible to have it so that you can scroll up/down instead up left/right and slightly smaller to fit a few more on screen at once? (I'm new to the skinning bit so not sure how to go about it on my own)

Are you pressing 'c' on the same source, meaning there may be some sources that "edit source" is not an option?

There is an option, in the view options(press opposite way of navigating), for more thumbs...

Yes, same source.

Ah, Awesome. missed that feature thanks Smile

- mcborzu - 2010-11-29

Added French, Spanish and Italian support...

thx for the translations!

- natethomas - 2010-11-30

You know, the thing I really like about this skin is the way it comes very close to unifying the Home Screen with every other screen. It'd be awesome if, one day, a user never had to leave the home screen to access content, see all the cool art, and perform all the various actions necessary to enjoy a great HT experience.

From an art perspective, I'd have to say that Paper Street is the most outside the box. But from a usability perspective, I'd put Carmichael as being the great bridge to another box entirely.

- ISYM - 2010-12-01

Wow. Great skin. Made it my default. Please keep up the good work.

- buzz_kill - 2010-12-01

i am not getting any kind of watched overlay, has it not been implemented, or is here something wrong on my end? i do get the watched overlay from other skins.

- mcborzu - 2010-12-01

buzz_kill Wrote:i am not getting any kind of watched overlay, has it not been implemented, or is here something wrong on my end? i do get the watched overlay from other skins.

Has to be turned on via skin settings, Just checked all views(Movie/TV) and works in all but the 2 banners views...Will get those now.