Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-25

(2012-05-25, 16:43)hasselhof Wrote: with the above in mind I went onto forum browser, I PM'd myself, got a green box ok, waited five minutes (it's far less waiting time I know), PM'd myself again got another green box ok. So that solved the glitch with the "error getting posts" message.IE wait a little in between posting. I suspect you may not have any control over the message, but it may be better to say "wait .....seconds before posting again"., instead of "error getting posts"
Well, the error getting posts message maybe should be changed to PMs when it's PMs but that particular error occurs when it's trying to refresh the PMs and fails. Which is why it says what it says, and why the list wouldn't be updated.
(2012-05-25, 16:43)hasselhof Wrote: I had thirteen messages in my inbox, I deleted them all no problems until the last one, I got the green box "message deleted", but the last message stayed visable, I had to go out of PM's and back into PM's to see the last one disappear. I seem to remember you saying that your were going to fix that, so maybe it's in the next release.
If there was no error, then perhaps there is some issue with deleting the last post. I'll check it out.
(2012-05-25, 16:43)hasselhof Wrote: What I did notice, (again if you have mentioned it in the todo list, or it can't be achieved just ignore), but I had 13 messages 5 unread 8 read forum browser said
13/13 , or is it supposed to be like that?
The counts are gotten from the taptalk plugin. They should represent what you see in the browser. If not, there's not a lot I can do about that. I think probably that when you read a PM from FB it's not getting marked as read. There may be a way for me to fix that if that is the case.
(2012-05-25, 16:43)hasselhof Wrote: I suspect that you have been watching Duran Duran via forum browser ?
Indeed, and with the next update you can too. I broke a release candidate rule and added a featureSmile. I was processing <embed> videos as links in the general browser and I thought, this would be easy to make playable because I already have the code in my ShareSocial addon.
I'll have to find tapatalk and forumrunner forums that have video embedding enabled to see if I can play those (as opposed to links)
In any case, right now it should work with YouTube, Vimeo and Flickr, though I've only tested with YouTube so far.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-05-25

(2012-05-25, 17:12)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-25, 16:43)hasselhof Wrote: with the above in mind I went onto forum browser, I PM'd myself, got a green box ok, waited five minutes (it's far less waiting time I know), PM'd myself again got another green box ok. So that solved the glitch with the "error getting posts" message.IE wait a little in between posting. I suspect you may not have any control over the message, but it may be better to say "wait .....seconds before posting again"., instead of "error getting posts"
Well, the error getting posts message maybe should be changed to PMs when it's PMs but that particular error occurs when it's trying to refresh the PMs and fails. Which is why it says what it says, and why the list wouldn't be updated.
(2012-05-25, 16:43)hasselhof Wrote: I had thirteen messages in my inbox, I deleted them all no problems until the last one, I got the green box "message deleted", but the last message stayed visable, I had to go out of PM's and back into PM's to see the last one disappear. I seem to remember you saying that your were going to fix that, so maybe it's in the next release.
If there was no error, then perhaps there is some issue with deleting the last post. I'll check it out.
(2012-05-25, 16:43)hasselhof Wrote: What I did notice, (again if you have mentioned it in the todo list, or it can't be achieved just ignore), but I had 13 messages 5 unread 8 read forum browser said
13/13 , or is it supposed to be like that?
The counts are gotten from the taptalk plugin. They should represent what you see in the browser. If not, there's not a lot I can do about that. I think probably that when you read a PM from FB it's not getting marked as read. There may be a way for me to fix that if that is the case.
(2012-05-25, 16:43)hasselhof Wrote: I suspect that you have been watching Duran Duran via forum browser ?
Indeed, and with the next update you can too. I broke a release candidate rule and added a featureSmile. I was processing <embed> videos as links in the general browser and I thought, this would be easy to make playable because I already have the code in my ShareSocial addon.
I'll have to find tapatalk and forumrunner forums that have video embedding enabled to see if I can play those (as opposed to links)
In any case, right now it should work with YouTube, Vimeo and Flickr, though I've only tested with YouTube so far.

With regard to deleting the last PM , I can confirm there was no error message

A big slap on the wrist for you, fancy breaking your own rules, excellent work on the video links, can't wait to try it out.........Forum browser is coming to animated lifeBig Grin

Totally unrelated, while I was waiting for you to reply, I went onto the xbmchub forum for a little read, someone asked if there was a way to scrape video links
from forum posts and have them presented in a list for the 1 channel addon to play them, and the reply was along the lines of "This could be a lot of time consuming work to do.. scraping forum threads is not a fun task" , here's you knee deep in forums like it's your favourite thing in the world , so well done ruuk,

Thanks once again

John.

(2012-05-25, 16:43)hasselhof Wrote: but it will let you delete as many PM on the trot as you like, so the yellow box "error getting posts" is an indication of the "wait a few seconds before posting again"

with the above in mind I went onto forum browser, I PM'd myself, got a green box ok, waited five minutes (it's far less waiting time I know), PM'd myself again got another green box ok. So that solved the glitch with the "error getting posts" message.IE wait a little in between posting. I suspect you may not have any control over the message, but it may be better to say "wait .....seconds before posting again"., instead of "error getting posts"
Forgot to mention in the last post that when you post too soon tapatalk does respond with a message that says it was too soon and to wait x seconds before posting (and it does get displayed in FB). Any other error is for a different reason.

(2012-05-25, 17:37)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-25, 16:43)hasselhof Wrote: but it will let you delete as many PM on the trot as you like, so the yellow box "error getting posts" is an indication of the "wait a few seconds before posting again"

with the above in mind I went onto forum browser, I PM'd myself, got a green box ok, waited five minutes (it's far less waiting time I know), PM'd myself again got another green box ok. So that solved the glitch with the "error getting posts" message.IE wait a little in between posting. I suspect you may not have any control over the message, but it may be better to say "wait .....seconds before posting again"., instead of "error getting posts"
Forgot to mention in the last post that when you post too soon tapatalk does respond with a message that says it was too soon and to wait x seconds before posting (and it does get displayed in FB). Any other error is for a different reason.

Now you mention it I have seen that yellow box about the time delay myself in the past, so not sure what the "error getting posts" means

v0.9.49 RC7 - ruuk - 2012-05-25

Version 0.9.49 RC7

Changes:
- Fixed issue with links not displaying in links list on full post view
- When creating a new private message, it now focuses the title button on startup
- Now puts a separator between message and signature (when it can even show a signature)
- [u] (underline) BB Code tags are now translated in the form of: _underlined_
- Video links (YouTube,Vimeo and Flickr) are now playable
- Fix for error handling on PM list refresh
- Fixed error messages in PM window to say private messages instead of posts
- Fixed a bug that caused the PM list not to be refreshed when deleting the last PM
- Experimental - General Browser: Lots of work done all over, mostly on post handling. Added some ability to handle forums types not specifically handled

On my REPO.

Gonig out in the garden for a BBQ & a beer, I'll have one or three for yaSmile

(2012-05-25, 17:47)hasselhof Wrote: Now you mention it I have seen that yellow box about the time delay myself in the past, so not sure what the "error getting posts" means

"error getting posts" (which in the the release I just posted will show as "error getting private messages") means it had had an error when trying to refresh the list. From you logs it seems when you've gotten that error it was because of some connection error. There is one error I'm trying to see if I can overcome, but other connection type errors will just happen from time to time because of various network issues and such.
(2012-05-25, 17:54)hasselhof Wrote: Gonig out in the garden for a BBQ & a beer, I'll have one or three for yaSmile
Enjoy the food and beer Smile

Thanks for the update

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-05-26

Test

Flickr test

Vimeo test

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-05-26

Hi ruuk

Did some testing on V0.9.49 RC7

if you go to Options > Help > Status area (upper right) there is still a reference to SSL

Underlined now just displays the words without [u /u] is this right, ie you say you translated in the form of _ am I supposed to see _?
These are not showing.

Links now display ok in full post view, when they have a title given to them via xbmc.org forum

New private message focuses the title button now thanks

I got a message saying "sending a private message failed, you are trying to send a message to quickly after sending a previous message, please wait .... seconds", which is good

While deleting the last PM, it was still visible after deletion, and it says "No messages" see screenshot Screenshot

Smiley faces don't display on recieved messages, but are visable while composing see screenshots Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3

Messages Read/Unread is working correctly now showing the true amount of unread messages

Celeb forum > celeb clips & videos > Sandra Bullock. images on the right menu are lower quality than on the left web viewer menu

Youtube links work excellently, that's awesome thanks a lot.

VWVortex > Videography > Trailer for sale > post 1, has a vimeo link, log looks like it gets a 404 not available, but I joined the VWVortex forum & the video works fine in a web browser, the same for another vimeo link in the following location VWVortex > Videography > Music video worked on, again plays in a web browser, but not in forum browser, you can see the video thumbnails on the left menu, but they dont play, with no messages. This is while i'm logged into VWVortex via forum browser.

The post before this one includes two video links one for flickr and one for vimeo, both don't seem to work in forum browser, see what you think.

Thanks for another great releaseSmile

Here is the log from all the above Log

John.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-26

(2012-05-26, 12:21)hasselhof Wrote: Underlined now just displays the words without [u /u] is this right, ie you say you translated in the form of _ am I supposed to see _?
These are not showing.
These will only show in posts you made. Tapatalk does not supply the formatting codes when viewing posts for users other than yourself. This is because when viewing your own posts, I get the 'message for edit' version of the post. This will also only show in the full post view. This is because I only make the call for the edit version when opening that view. It will show in the post list after you close the full view.
(2012-05-26, 12:21)hasselhof Wrote: While deleting the last PM, it was still visible after deletion, and it says "No messages"
Not sure what happened there. The call to set the label to "No messages" is right before the call to clear the list. You can't have one without the other unless there is an error, and I can't see how an error could have happened when there is no code between Smile I can't duplicate it, but if you have that happen again, send me a log right after so If there is an error, it will be at the end of the log. (if you do anything after, it's hard to be sure when I find an error what it's related to)
(2012-05-26, 12:21)hasselhof Wrote: Celeb forum > celeb clips & videos > Sandra Bullock. images on the right menu are lower quality than on the left web viewer menu
That's because the poster posted a img tag within a url tag. The img tag is a thumbnail and the url tag is a link to the image page.
(2012-05-26, 12:21)hasselhof Wrote: VWVortex > Videography > Trailer for sale > post 1, has a vimeo link, log looks like it gets a 404 not available, but I joined the VWVortex forum & the video works fine in a web browser, the same for another vimeo link in the following location VWVortex > Videography > Music video worked on, again plays in a web browser, but not in forum browser, you can see the video thumbnails on the left menu, but they dont play, with no messages. This is while i'm logged into VWVortex via forum browser.
Vimeo is broken. The method I use (and that everyone else uses) to get to the .flv file for the video no longer works. Most likely they changed it to prevent exactly what I was trying to do Smile

The other things you mentioned are fixed and will be in the next update (including Flickr video)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-05-27

Hi ruuk, thanks for clearing up those points.

Here is the new log for deleting last PM only Log

I will try and narrow my logs down a bitSmile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-27

(2012-05-27, 00:03)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk, thanks for clearing up those points.

And this had the same behavior? 'No Messages' in the title and the deleted message stays?

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-05-27

(2012-05-27, 02:29)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-27, 00:03)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk, thanks for clearing up those points.

And this had the same behavior? 'No Messages' in the title and the deleted message stays?

Yes ,to both sorry forgot to say

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-27

(2012-05-27, 08:34)hasselhof Wrote:
(2012-05-27, 02:29)ruuk Wrote:

Yes ,to both sorry forgot to say

It sounds like this happens every time you delete the last post. Since it never happens to me, I think is must be a bug with xbmc either related to your xbmc version or the OS. I guess I'll finally update to the newst XBMC version (I'm still on 10) and see if I get the same result. If not I'll still try a workaround and have you test that.