Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

v1.0.9 - ruuk - 2012-07-03

Version 1.0.9

Changes:
- Fix for adding forums via Parser Browser that require login and/or have captcha
- Now asks if forum requires login before checking for Parser Browser compatibility (then asks for user/pass if you say yes)
- Parser Browser: Added info dialogs for normal and generic methods when adding a forum that explain the possible limitations
- Added 'View Forum Info' to forums view context menu

On my REPO.

v1.0.10 - ruuk - 2012-07-04

Version 1.0.10

Changes:
- Added activity splash when getting forum list from online database
- Changed database interface code to handle the new database
- Added category name and interface type to forum description when displaying forums from the online database, plus added some color
- When adding a forum TO the online database, it now asks you to choose a category
- When adding a forum FROM the online database, you can now view all forums or choose a category to view

On my REPO.

I made a copy of the online database and modified it for categories and other future changes. The new version will access the new database, and the old database will remain for a while to not mess up old versions.

This seems like a good place to make sure FB is stable and go for a point release to the main repo, so please let me know if you find any bugs or issues.
hasselhof: It's been a few days since you posted. I'm cutting your pay in half Smile

v1.0.10 - hasselhof - 2012-07-04

(2012-07-04, 22:47)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.0.10

Changes:
- Added activity splash when getting forum list from online database
- Changed database interface code to handle the new database
- Added category name and interface type to forum description when displaying forums from the online database, plus added some color
- When adding a forum TO the online database, it now asks you to choose a category
- When adding a forum FROM the online database, you can now view all forums or choose a category to view

On my REPO.

I made a copy of the online database and modified it for categories and other future changes. The new version will access the new database, and the old database will remain for a while to not mess up old versions.

This seems like a good place to make sure FB is stable and go for a point release to the main repo, so please let me know if you find any bugs or issues.
hasselhof: It's been a few days since you posted. I'm cutting your pay in half Smile

Hi ruuk, been quite busy of late, been doing some testing but not finished yet, got anniversarys & busy at work, but should be good for Friday Smile
Had a quick look at the V1.0.10, the database is amazing, it's really polished, will check it all out Friday, thanks for the updates.
Keep them coming Smile

**Should be good for Saturday

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-07-07

Hi ruuk,

Thanks for updates V1.0.8, V1.0.9, V1.0.10 much appreciated Smile

All testing was with V1.0.10 active Smile

Here are some of my findings

Signatures show ok in posts in "XBMCHUb.com" and "webuser" to name a couple.

The new setting option for "Hide signature" is working ok.

I haven't came across any "User info" windows that require to scroll yet, will keep an eye out.

In "Tapatalk" the how long ago on activity now shows 0 secs for my initial time, but reverts back to just the word "ago" without a time, for the rest of my stay
other users time show up fine.

There is a definite improvement in the logo detection.

View forum info is a very interesting addition, and works a treat.

When adding forums (which were previously working in the experimental section) into the normal "Add a forum" section it asks me the following question
"Does this forum require a login ?" now I'm not sure in what context the question is in. It makes me think that it's asking me do I know weather or not the forum requires a login for the forum to be viewable, IE only members can view, or is it asking me for my personal log in details for that forum ?. If I say "Yes" I get reverted back to the previously active forum with no message see log, but if you say "No" It then tells you about the current pitfalls / limitations, then the forum goes on to be successful and works really well, When setting login details via the setting "set logins" I get a red screen see screenshot & log it looks like you may have left some reference to a piece of test code.

When I added torrentday.com to FB I declined the "Does this forum require a login" yet it still logged me in, is this the cookie still on my machine ?.

Activity splash appears ok when getting forum list from online database.

The database is a work of art, I especially like the splashes of colour, big thumbs up (I like colour). I've added a couple of forums to try it out and it works great
was able to choose which category to plop it into.The interface type is also interesting.I'm glad you kept the "View all" option as well.

It seems that the "Add current forum to online database" may be broken, it starts to process my action then just reverts back to the active forum see log

Also if I add a forum to the online database that is already in there it doesn't tell me so (I'm sure it did do in the past).

here's one for you, http://recipehelpers.com/forum/ is detected ok as a forumrunner forum with a green box,I then click ok, and it does nothing else, it fails to add it to my local list of forums see log

After updating to V1.0.8 (where you mixed the experimental into the main "Add a forum flow") I lost all my experimental working forums Smile, as they weren't on the online database I didn't have a backup, so I did a roll back to V1.0.7, retrieved them all and reapplied them all Smile

Again thanks for the updates.

All the best

John.

PS, Is it possible to have my wages put back to the appropriate rate, I tell you, you can't get the staff these days Smile

Re: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-07-07

hasselhof: I'm camping again so I'll have to address the issues when I get back in a couple days.

Instead of putting your pay back to normal, i've decided to split all my FB profits with you. Of course, since this is 0 minus the cost of web hosting for the odb, you'll have to start paying me Wink

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-07-07

(2012-07-07, 00:44)hasselhof Wrote: When adding forums (which were previously working in the experimental section) into the normal "Add a forum" section it asks me the following question
"Does this forum require a login ?" now I'm not sure in what context the question is in. It makes me think that it's asking me do I know weather or not the forum requires a login for the forum to be viewable, IE only members can view, or is it asking me for my personal log in details for that forum ?. If I say "Yes" I get reverted back to the previously active forum with no message see log, but if you say "No" It then tells you about the current pitfalls / limitations, then the forum goes on to be successful and works really well, When setting login details via the setting "set logins" I get a red screen see screenshot & log it looks like you may have left some reference to a piece of test code.

When I added torrentday.com to FB I declined the "Does this forum require a login" yet it still logged me in, is this the cookie still on my machine ?
First, the message is specifically meant for forums like torrentday which require a login. On my first update bringing the Parser Browser into the normal flow, I realized you could no longer add torrentday, which is why I added it. When it's working properly, it asks for your login details when you say yes. Perhaps I could make it clearer what's going on.

Second, yes that's the cookie. It made it harder for me to test, as I had to keep deleting the cookie file Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-07-07

Hi ruuk,

Forum Browser now has a slot in the forums at XBMChub Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-07-08

Hi ruuk

when in subscriptions, viewing a subscribed thread, then clicking back, it takes you back to the subscription index page, this is good. But when viewing a subscribed forum, and clicking back, it takes you back to the active forum main index, not the subscription index page.

If you want to quit FB and you by accident hit the back button for a few seconds to long you get the "Do you really want to quit Forum Browser" message many times, which you have to answer.

Is there any chance that you can add the "OK" button to the message windows for "User extra info" & "View forum info", because these two windows leave screen debris behind in Transparency skin, when you hit the back/escape button to get rid of them, where the other various info windows with the "OK" buttons doesn't leave screen debris. Is this possible for future info windows as well ?.Smile

I miss the blue skin of the old xbmc.org forum(IE "Use forum colours" option of old), what files do I have to mod to do this Smile, or is this a nightmare?.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-07-08

Hi ruuk

what do you think to the idea of a popup for a new post to the users subscribed threads, even without FB running. Would this need to be a service?.
With maybe an option to turn of alerts when video is playing, then to show alerts when video is finished

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-07-09

(2012-07-08, 17:14)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk

what do you think to the idea of a popup for a new post to the users subscribed threads, even without FB running. Would this need to be a service?.
With maybe an option to turn of alerts when video is playing, then to show alerts when video is finished

I've actually thought of this before (as well as for PM's)
I've also had the idea for global bookmarks for forums/threads/posts (ie you select the bookmark and it changes to that forum and goes to the bookmarked resource)
Also the possibility of an address book/friends list type thing where for instance I could have some random user, say hasslehof, and all his aliases for different forums linked together and I could send pm's to one of those aliases without changing forums.
Also with the address book idea, an option to highlight posts for that user when browsing various forums.

There are a lot of possibilities that arise when you bring a bunch of forums together in one app. I'm sure there are more I haven't thought of. Eventually I'll start adding this sort of thing when I feel like what's currently there is in a good place.

And yes, I would need to create a separate service addon (and that could be required, and hence auto installed)

BTW, I didn't miss your previous post, but I'll have to answer that later when I have more time Smile

(2012-07-08, 01:28)hasselhof Wrote: when in subscriptions, viewing a subscribed thread, then clicking back, it takes you back to the subscription index page, this is good. But when viewing a subscribed forum, and clicking back, it takes you back to the active forum main index, not the subscription index page.
This is because when when you view a subscribed thread, the subscriptions window doesn't close, so when you close the posts window the window is still there. When you view a subscribed forum, it changes the contents of the subscriptions window to the threads of that forum (the subscriptions window is just a threads window with different content).
FB used to only handle thread subscriptions, so when I added forum subscriptions, this was the easiest way. Also I was trying to avoid stacking another layer of windows on top of the subscriptions view (ie Forums::Subscriptions::Threads:Tongueosts when currently it is always Forums::Threads:Tongueosts if you consider the Subscriptions view is probably mostly or all threads anyway for most users). I'll probably change it to layer on top of the subscriptions view as you are expecting, maybe with an option in settings for the old way if I still think that makes sense.
(2012-07-08, 01:28)hasselhof Wrote: If you want to quit FB and you by accident hit the back button for a few seconds to long you get the "Do you really want to quit Forum Browser" message many times, which you have to answer.
Well, this is because holding down the back button for a few seconds actually sends many button presses in a row which apparently get queued up and then sent to FB. I'll see what I can do about it.
(2012-07-08, 01:28)hasselhof Wrote: Is there any chance that you can add the "OK" button to the message windows for "User extra info" & "View forum info", because these two windows leave screen debris behind in Transparency skin, when you hit the back/escape button to get rid of them, where the other various info windows with the "OK" buttons doesn't leave screen debris. Is this possible for future info windows as well ?.Smile
The reason the info windows don't have an OK button is because they are meant to be scrollable and start with focus on the scroll bar. Putting an OK button on this sort of dialog would make the user expect they could press the select button to close the window. If the OK was there and I put focus on the OK button, users might not realize they could focus on the scrollbar. I don't want to change this because of a glitch with Transparency/XBMC (this is and previous artifact issues you've mentioned sound like a bug that needs reporting) but I think I could make the button optional from settings.
(2012-07-08, 01:28)hasselhof Wrote: I miss the blue skin of the old xbmc.org forum(IE "Use forum colours" option of old), what files do I have to mod to do this Smile, or is this a nightmare?.
When FB started, all forums were handled individually with a bunch of url, scraping and formatting definitions in a file for each forum. The colors were manually defined in this file like everything else. I basically had to look at the forum and see what it's color scheme was and put some color definitions in based on that. This was fine because I was setting all the other stuff for the forum anyway and there were only about 5 forums Smile.
Now all of that is gone. or Forumrunner doesn't interface with the forum pages at all, and even with the Parser browser it would be basically impossible to determine the forum colors automatically.
Also, at this point, all the code for handling the color definitions is gone. It was kind of messy anyway, and the way it was done made it hard to make alternate skins for FB.
I have thought about making it possible for the user to define colors for each forum. I definitely need to make it possible to set the color under the logo because some logo's don't work on the color set in the skin.
So maybe something someday. I liked the forum colors as well (which is why I put them there)

(2012-07-07, 00:44)hasselhof Wrote: In "Tapatalk" the how long ago on activity now shows 0 secs for my initial time, but reverts back to just the word "ago" without a time, for the rest of my stay
Will look into it.
(2012-07-08, 01:28)hasselhof Wrote: View forum info is a very interesting addition, and works a treat.
It's most useful for Parser Browser forums as you can see what you can and cannot do feature-wise. I also figured it might be useful to help in debugging.
(2012-07-08, 01:28)hasselhof Wrote: When adding forums (which were previously working in the experimental section) into the normal "Add a forum" section it asks me the following question
I've fixed the bugs here with the testing code (thanks for the logs). I will make the dialog more helpful as to what is going on.
(2012-07-08, 01:28)hasselhof Wrote: It seems that the "Add current forum to online database" may be broken, it starts to process my action then just reverts back to the active forum see log
Fixed (thanks for the log).
(2012-07-08, 01:28)hasselhof Wrote: Also if I add a forum to the online database that is already in there it doesn't tell me so (I'm sure it did do in the past).
Will look into this.
(2012-07-08, 01:28)hasselhof Wrote: here's one for you, http://recipehelpers.com/forum/ is detected ok as a forumrunner forum with a green box,I then click ok, and it does nothing else, it fails to add it to my local list of forums see log
Was a bug. Fixed. (again thanks for the log)

(2012-07-07, 00:44)hasselhof Wrote: In "Tapatalk" the how long ago on activity now shows 0 secs for my initial time, but reverts back to just the word "ago" without a time, for the rest of my stay
Could I get a log on this. I can't duplicate it or figure out why it would happen.
(2012-07-07, 00:44)hasselhof Wrote: Also if I add a forum to the online database that is already in there it doesn't tell me so (I'm sure it did do in the past).
A log on this as well, I still get the message so maybe there's an error.

v1.0.11 - ruuk - 2012-07-09

Version 1.0.11

Changes:
- Fixed a bug with some testing code left in
- Fixed a bug when adding a forum and it fails to get forum info (ie description and images)
- Fixed a bug when adding current forum to online database
- When adding a forum and asking if it requires a login, it now gives a better explanation

On my REPO.

v1.0.11 - hasselhof - 2012-07-09

(2012-07-09, 21:14)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.0.11

Changes:
- Fixed a bug with some testing code left in
- Fixed a bug when adding a forum and it fails to get forum info (ie description and images)
- Fixed a bug when adding current forum to online database
- When adding a forum and asking if it requires a login, it now gives a better explanation

On my REPO.

Thanks for getting back to me, I,m currently packing for my hols, but I will try and get you logs soon, and test new version Smile