Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-01-31

Hi ruuk,

I've got the day off work tomorrow, so should have a bit of time to give it a whirl.

v 1.1.8 - ruuk - 2013-02-01

Version 1.1.8

Changes:

- Fix: Overlay video box will no longer display when audio is playing
- Added 'Manage Notifications' to the Options menu which opens dialog for toggling notifications and viewing new post/pm status. Context button toggles notifications on/off and selecting a forum will go to that forum
- Added 'Method' in notifications settings - Choose method of notification when no video is playing: Normal XBMC Popup, Small Dialog, Full Dialog
- Added 'Method (During Video)' in notifications settings - Choose method of notification when video IS playing: Normal XBMC Popup, Small Dialog, Full Dialog
- Added 'XBMC Notice Duration' in notifications settings - Set the number of seconds the XBMC popup will display

On my REPO.

Some notes:
The notification dialog (Full Dialog) is the same as the 'Manage Notifications' dialog. Selecting a forum will open Forum Browser and go to that forum.
The small dialog is a stripped down and smaller version of the full dialog.
I plan to add a timeout option on the dialogs so if set they will close automatically after a time, and an option to stop the close timer on dialog usage.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-02-01

(2013-02-01, 00:39)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.1.8

Changes:

- Added 'Manage Notifications' to the Options menu which opens dialog for toggling notifications and viewing new post/pm status. Context button toggles notifications on/off and selecting a forum will go to that forum
- Added 'Method' in notifications settings - Choose method of notification when no video is playing: Normal XBMC Popup, Small Dialog, Full Dialog
- Added 'Method (During Video)' in notifications settings - Choose method of notification when video IS playing: Normal XBMC Popup, Small Dialog, Full Dialog
- Added 'XBMC Notice Duration' in notifications settings - Set the number of seconds the XBMC popup will display

On my REPO.

Some notes:
The notification dialog (Full Dialog) is the same as the 'Manage Notifications' dialog. Selecting a forum will open Forum Browser and go to that forum.
I plan to add a timeout option on the dialogs so if set they will close automatically after a time, and an option to stop the close timer on dialog usage.

Cool

v 1.1.9 - ruuk - 2013-02-01

Version 1.1.9

Changes:

- Add some missing image files

On my REPO.

Hi ruuk,

managed to install frodo 12 to hard drive and can retrieve logsSmile

I've had a quick play with v1.1.9, with confluence skin

ran into a non focus issue

what I was doing was changing over from white to dark skin, tried to change the colour of dark skin border, which went fine
I changed back to white skin, restarted fb then back to black skin to see if it remembered my colour change, it did ok.
Then I changed back to white skin restarted fb to continue checking things but it lost focus,
I can highlight "options" and "change forum" buttons as I'm not logged in at this stage but I can't click them
I'm not sure if this could be something to do with down time on xbmc.org ?

see log

I will continue to test Smile

RE: v1.1.4 - hasselhof - 2013-02-01

(2013-01-29, 00:30)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.1.4

Changes:
- When selecting a forum from the online database, it now returns to the list
- When removing added forums, it now returns to the list after selecting a forum to remove
- Fixed bug not allowing color dialog to open on Dark skin
- Fix for encoding errors when viewing private messages
- Added unread subscriptions/PMs notify service
- Added 'Turn On/Off Notifications' to options menu which toggles for the current forum
- Added 'Notifications' section in settings with options for enabling, showing only on startup, and interval
- Forum usernames/passwords and other user data now saved in forum_settings/forumID for each forum instead of in settings.xml
- *Added conversion function to copy forum user data from settings.xml to forum data files

On my REPO.

Lot of changes in this one, most notably the notifications stuff.
Some notes on that:
* The interface is very basic for now, you toggle notifications for each forum from the options menu. I will add a dialog for managing notifications later.
* The only type of notification at this point is the normal XBMC notification, which will show for each forum that has new posts. There will be more options later
* Threads/Forums are counted as new unread if there was no unread post in the last check or the last check was longer ago then the check interval (ie. when the service loads, it loads the data from the last check, but ignores it if the time elapsed is longer than the set interval)
* PMs are the same as above, except that they are counted as new unread if the number of unread posts is at least 1 and has changed since the last check. This is because there is no way to tell when the count is the same if the posts are the same posts. This also assumes that if the count has gone down that the posts are new, which may be incorrect, but again there is no way for FB to know.
* The interval in settings is the time between updates, so if it takes ten seconds to get the forum info, the next update will happen INTERVAL minutes after that ends
hasselhof:
The script I use to make the zips for the repo now copies the changelogs there as well, so as I update scripts, the changelogs will be added to the repo.
I noticed when I 'View Extra Info' on a user on xbmc.org, the reputation is in that info. I don't know if that is new or was always there. In any case, after I'm done working on the notifications stuff, I will probably add some options to set what is displayed in the posts list view below the status and 'group' info. Probably a list of stats in order of priority, so that it will show what it can when available.

When selecting a forum from the on line database it does now return to the list.

when removing a forum from the local list it does return to the list

colour dialog opens ok on dark skin & I'm able to change colour of border ok

regarding notifications I get all sorts of popups and a manage window, so something seems to be working,
but I will spend more time to understand what's going on with them first before giving you results

There wasn't any change log info inside your repo, ie at first all that was installed on my new frodo was your repo
if I then browsed your repo via programs / add-ons / forum browser/ and press info on my remote while
highlighting forum browser I get "no info found", but once I install forum browser I get the change log ok
I'm sure I saw one of the repo's available that showed the change log before installing anything, but can't remember which one it was
no big deal anywaySmile

when viewing user extra info the reputaiton has been there for a good few months now

Top marks

Thanks

RE: v1.1.5 - hasselhof - 2013-02-01

(2013-01-29, 22:40)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.1.5

Changes:
- Added PIP video overlay so you can continue to watch video while browsing forums. Pausing video will hide the overlay.
- Added setting 'Hide Video Overlay'

On my REPO.

This adds a video overlay to the main windows when video is playing. If video is not playing, the windows are the same as before. As stated above, pausing a video will hide the overlay.
This allows watching video while browsing forums, which while useful on it's own, will be helpful in the future as I explore new post notify options (for example options to jump to the new post while you are watching a video, or pause video and ask to jump to new post while watching a video, etc.

Also, I can confirm that shutting down XBMC while Forum Browser is running no longer hangs XBMC on the Frodo final release. Hooray! Smile

Pip video is wicked, a fantastic addition I'm really impressed with that, nice one. I like the larger window on forums, then the reduced size shifted down and right when viewing posts & threads, nice. When viewing a video and browsing forums, if you expose the hidden right menu to see the picture links the overlay shifts left, very smooth mate, I like the fact that if your playing a video then you chose a video link from within forum browser it stops the original video and starts to play the new one. What might be nice is that it starts the original video back up once you've watched the new video, maybe not possible.

When I add a forum as a favourite I get a grey confirmation window, can this be green? also if I re add the same forum as a favourite it would be nice to say "already a favourite"

That I think for me is one of the best updates so far, well done big pat on the back

RE: v 1.1.8 - hasselhof - 2013-02-01

(2013-02-01, 00:39)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.1.8

Changes:

On my REPO.

Some notes:

I can confirm the video overlay doesn't appear when audio only is playing

the manage notification entry in the options has a blank right hand side info pane,but I'm guessing you new that already

The manage notification control panel might be nice to take you straight to the subscription page

Is the manage notification control panel a master override to the settings, so the setting sets the finer things up, and the control panel via the context button switches it of & on, along with the "Turn on / off notifications" in the options page also so in fact there one and the same?

as I say I will spend more time with the notifications and read back through you earlier posts again which describe in detail about them
I look forward to the help section regarding the notifications etc

Thanks

John.

RE: v 1.1.9 - hasselhof - 2013-02-01

(2013-02-01, 02:54)ruuk Wrote: Version 1.1.9

Changes:

- Add some missing image files

On my REPO.

Just out of curiosity was the missing image files to do with the manage notification control panel (mncp)Smile
as I seem to remember an incomplete badge or two, but now they look fine.

So on the whole Forum Browser with frodo 12 final XBMCbuntu & confluence skin seems really compatible.
The non focus error hasn't shown itself since early on.
When It happened before, the xbmc.org website had downtime
which I was able to confirm by typing into google " is xbmc.org down" a web page did a check and it said it was,
so this might be the problem, as it was in the process of logging in at the time, as I had switched FB skin & was restarting FB

I'm going to switch to Transparency! skin I'll let you know how I get on.....

By the way when FB lost focus I tried restarting XBMC and FB still loaded non focused I couldn't get rid, I uninstalled it via XBMC re-installed, but it was still the same(could have been the downtime) I ssh'ed in and deleted all the relevant folders belonging to FB, re-installed and it worked straight away. If it happens again I will try to get a better log Smile

If I post, is the notification supposed to trigger on my machine or is it only triggered from other membersBlush

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-02-01

(2013-02-01, 17:21)hasselhof Wrote: ran into a non focus issue

what I was doing was changing over from white to dark skin, tried to change the colour of dark skin border, which went fine
I changed back to white skin, restarted fb then back to black skin to see if it remembered my colour change, it did ok.
Then I changed back to white skin restarted fb to continue checking things but it lost focus,
I can highlight "options" and "change forum" buttons as I'm not logged in at this stage but I can't click them
I'm not sure if this could be something to do with down time on xbmc.org ?

see log

Found the error and fixed it.
(2013-02-01, 18:06)hasselhof Wrote: There wasn't any change log info inside your repo, ie at first all that was installed on my new frodo was your repo
if I then browsed your repo via programs / add-ons / forum browser/ and press info on my remote while
highlighting forum browser I get "no info found", but once I install forum browser I get the change log ok
I'm sure I saw one of the repo's available that showed the change log before installing anything, but can't remember which one it was
no big deal anywaySmile
I just checked the wiki and it turns out the the changelog on my repo needs the version number in it. So that's what's wrong. I'll fix it in my script and it should work then.
(2013-02-01, 18:06)hasselhof Wrote: when viewing user extra info the reputaiton has been there for a good few months now
Yeah, I think when you first asked me if I could add reputation, I didn't have the view extra info feature, and in fact I didn't really know what that tapatalk API function did, so it was probably in that info since extra info was added Smile

RE: v1.1.5 - ruuk - 2013-02-01

(2013-02-01, 18:42)hasselhof Wrote: I like the fact that if your playing a video then you chose a video link from within forum browser it stops the original video and starts to play the new one. What might be nice is that it starts the original video back up once you've watched the new video, maybe not possible.
Good idea. I think I can do it. I just have to find out what is playing and then play it again. XBMC should take care of starting you at the same place. I should maybe also have an optional dialog asking if you want to actually stop your current video.
(2013-02-01, 18:42)hasselhof Wrote: When I add a forum as a favourite I get a grey confirmation window, can this be green? also if I re add the same forum as a favourite it would be nice to say "already a favourite"
Maybe I'll change it. I think we've had a similar conversation before, but my intention was to have green/red for actions that could succeed or fail, and the grey for things that are just info. As adding a favorite should never fail, I made it gray. It would be nice if other people weighed in on it, as my intention is to do the most informative/intuitive thing. I tend to lean towards keeping it the way it is, but that is largely because it takes a lot less effort to do nothing Smile
(2013-02-01, 18:42)hasselhof Wrote: That I think for me is one of the best updates so far, well done big pat on the back
It was just an idea I had and wondered if I could do. I was originally thinking of making an alternate 'PIP' skin (and in fact that was what I started doing by modifying the dark skin) but it seemed like I could make it work well just modifying the current ones, especially when I thought "hey I can just hide this when there's no video". Although I will probably never get to it, I think it could still be useful to have a separate PIP skin where the forum interface is built around the video as opposed to currently, where the video is fit into the forum interface.

RE: v 1.1.8 - ruuk - 2013-02-01

(2013-02-01, 19:29)hasselhof Wrote: the manage notification entry in the options has a blank right hand side info pane,but I'm guessing you new that already
Yeah, I haven't gotten to that yet - as well as help for the settings.
(2013-02-01, 19:29)hasselhof Wrote: The manage notification control panel might be nice to take you straight to the subscription page
That's planned. Also opening to the PMs, and possibly going straight to the post. I'll have to work out the logic for when to do what. Obviously if you have just 1 new subscription post or 1 new PM it's a no brainer, but if you have 5 subscription posts and 3 PMs on diffrent forums, it's more complicated. I'll probably have to make some dialogs and some settings for preferences and such.
(2013-02-01, 19:29)hasselhof Wrote: Is the manage notification control panel a master override to the settings, so the setting sets the finer things up, and the control panel via the context button switches it of & on, along with the "Turn on / off notifications" in the options page also so in fact there one and the same?
Both toggling the on/off the green indicator in the Manage Notifications dialog and toggling using the "Turn on/off Notifications" item in the options menu do the same thing, which is toggle notifications for the selected/current forum. The settings option enables/disables notifications entirely, and if it is disabled when XBMC starts, the background service will not run.

(2013-02-01, 19:42)hasselhof Wrote: Just out of curiosity was the missing image files to do with the manage notification control panel (mncp)Smile
as I seem to remember an incomplete badge or two, but now they look fine.
The images used for fading the logo and logo background under the title didn't make it into the zip.
(2013-02-01, 19:42)hasselhof Wrote: The non focus error hasn't shown itself since early on.
When It happened before, the xbmc.org website had downtime
which I was able to confirm by typing into google " is xbmc.org down" a web page did a check and it said it was,
so this might be the problem, as it was in the process of logging in at the time, as I had switched FB skin & was restarting FB

I'm going to switch to Transparency! skin I'll let you know how I get on.....

By the way when FB lost focus I tried restarting XBMC and FB still loaded non focused I couldn't get rid, I uninstalled it via XBMC re-installed, but it was still the same(could have been the downtime) I ssh'ed in and deleted all the relevant folders belonging to FB, re-installed and it worked straight away. If it happens again I will try to get a better log Smile
Well, as I said earlier I fixed an error from your log. It may be that xbmc.org being down was causing other issues, so let me know if it happens again after the next version.
(2013-02-01, 20:12)hasselhof Wrote: If I post, is the notification supposed to trigger on my machine or is it only triggered from other membersBlush
Only other members. Basically the same logic as when you go to subscriptions on the website and the thread is in bold. Though for testing (other than subscriptions specifically) you can send a PM to yourself, which will trigger a notification.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-02-03

I've been working on the resuming interrupted video after playing a forum video. It is almost done. I learned some new things in the process, which is another way of saying it was harder than I anticipated Smile

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-02-03

(2013-02-03, 03:27)ruuk Wrote: I've been working on the resuming interrupted video after playing a forum video. It is almost done. I learned some new things in the process, which is another way of saying it was harder than I anticipated Smile

Thanks for your hard work, I suspected it was going to be difficult. Bonus that you've lernt extra skillsBig Grin

You jogged my memory about the colour coding of the confirmation windows, hope you havn't wasted anytime on it. Confused

Looks like signatures are not showing in xbmc.org but are showing in xbmchub. I've checked & unchecked the toggle in settings
Thanks for your time.