Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

v2.0.2 - ruuk - 2013-04-18

Version 2.0.2

Changes:
- Fixed a bug where settings/signals file could become permanently locked causing failure to open Forum Browser
- Fixed a bug where '[size]' tags that included a '-' in the tag (for example [size=x-large]) were not parsed out
- Added post editor skin to Video skin
- Added forums manager skin to Video skin
- Added some elements to buttons on the Video skin forums window and forums manager

On my REPO.

v2.0.3 - ruuk - 2013-04-18

Version 2.0.3

Changes:
- Made logged-in indicator on post editor in Video skin work
- Extended button decorations to all skins in Video skin and made it look better
- Added Message dialog skin to Video skin
- When adding a new forum or editing a forum, setting the description now brings up the large keyboard if installed
- The forum logo in forum settings now shows the header color as a background
- Added forum settings skin to Video skin
- Post editor now opens as a window instead of as a dialog, this lowers CPU usage (especially when video is playing) because it stops it from having to render both windows
- Fixed a bug causing the notifications service to fail

On my REPO.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-04-19

Hi ruuk,

V2.0.3 does not want to filter through to me, I click on "update available" inside your repo it says FB updated, then it says update available again in a cycle. I'm stuck on v2.0.2 Normally just auto updates as your repo is installed Smile

I've done a complete fresh install of xbmc frodo v12, confluence, & FB still stuck on v2.0.2 but now getting a script error

see log

on a side note do you know what this is in my log ERROR: unmatched parentheses in StringCompare(Container(700).NumItems,5 .....etc

thanks for the updates

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-04-19

(2013-04-19, 19:24)hasselhof Wrote: V2.0.3 does not want to filter through to me, I click on "update available" inside your repo it says FB updated, then it says update available again in a cycle. I'm stuck on v2.0.2 Normally just auto updates as your repo is installed Smile
I forgot to update the version in the addon.xml file. I believe you have version 2.0.3 but addon.xml says it's 2.0.2 so XBMC thinks your not current. I'll fix for the next update.
(2013-04-19, 19:24)hasselhof Wrote: I've done a complete fresh install of xbmc frodo v12, confluence, & FB still stuck on v2.0.2 but now getting a script error

see log
Thanks for the log. I know basically what's happening, but I'm looking into it now to see why it's happening. Should be fixed in the next update.
(2013-04-19, 19:24)hasselhof Wrote: on a side note do you know what this is in my log ERROR: unmatched parentheses in StringCompare(Container(700).NumItems,5 .....etc
That's a skin error. Somebody forgot a ')' in a boolean expression. This looks like an XBMC skin to me, though these errors can happen in addon skins as well.

I fixed the addon.xml for 2.0.3 so if you update it now it should say it's current (and so other users won't have an issue before I update again)

hasselhof: Could you confirm that this path exists on you system: /home/asrock/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.forum.browser/

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-04-19

hasselfhof: Nevermind. I've recreated the error and know the cause. I'm fixing it now.

v2.0.4 - ruuk - 2013-04-19

Version 2.0.4

Changes:
- Fixed a bug where FB fails on fresh installs
- Shiny new progress bar on Video skin. Moved stop button away from progress bar
- Added asynchronous connections to Parser Browser

On my REPO.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-04-19

Hi ruuk
currently on v2.0.4
Did a force refresh on your repo and it came through no problem
I'll mess around with it over the weekend
thanks for the update & fixes

v2.0.5 - ruuk - 2013-04-20

Version 2.0.5

Changes:
- Moved the base windows classes to their own module
- Moved XBMC constants to their own module
- Logged in indicator now refreshes when returning to a window
- Page menu now uses FB dialog instead of XBMC dialog
- Fixed skin error with Video skin for missing default avatar file
- Moved some of the Video skins lists into groups to get rid of the "Control BLAH in window BLAH has been asked to focus, but it can't" log messages
- In Video skin, made back/edit close the slide out menu (if open) to match rest of skin behavior
- In Video skin, in the full message view, fixed the links list so that it doesn't overflow the background
- In posts view in Video skin, selected post now better highlighted. Changed own post highlight color

On my REPO.

I need to do a 2.1 update to the main repo soon because of some fairly major bugs I've found since the 2.0 update. Please let me know if there's any problems with the current version (anyone).

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-04-21

FB release details Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - blondeshanks - 2013-04-21

Hi ruuk,

Just wanted to say thanks for constantly updating this essential add-on with goodness, it really is my go-to add-on when I'm checking forums

I also have one small request which hopefully you can accommodate?

Whilst using the repo version I noticed you upgraded the XBMC keyboard with your own mod, which I liked as it had loads of space to create/edit posts but since the official update to 2.0 and installing your keyboard mod, it's pretty much the same as the standard keyboard already built in to XBMC.

Do you have any plans to update your keyboard mod again to give users more typing space as I really miss this feature

With thanks and keep up the amazing work

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-04-21

(2013-04-21, 20:37)blondeshanks Wrote: Hi ruuk,

Just wanted to say thanks for constantly updating this essential add-on with goodness, it really is my go-to add-on when I'm checking forums

I also have one small request which hopefully you can accommodate?

Whilst using the repo version I noticed you upgraded the XBMC keyboard with your own mod, which I liked as it had loads of space to create/edit posts but since the official update to 2.0 and installing your keyboard mod, it's pretty much the same as the standard keyboard already built in to XBMC.

Do you have any plans to update your keyboard mod again to give users more typing space as I really miss this feature

With thanks and keep up the amazing work

Hi and thanks for the kind words Smile

The keyboard mod should still be working. At some point I made it so that it only showed the modded version when needed by Forum Browser.
Are you asking for it to be the large version outside of Forum Browser? If so, I might be able to make that an option.
Also, let me know if it's not showing the larger version when you are adding lines to posts, because that much should still be working.

(2013-04-21, 16:31)hasselhof Wrote: FB release details Smile
You might be able to link to the changelog on my github repository.

Here's a test:

Changelog

Changelog for 2.0

Looks like that works.

Also, thanks for updating the thread there Smile

Re: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - blondeshanks - 2013-04-21

Hi ruuk,

Thanks for quick response. I must admit, I haven't tried using the keyboard mod on your forum browser add-on lately so wasn't aware you had changed it as you described.

Will try within forum browser to confirm it works but personally, I would like to see it replace the standard keyboard throughout xbmc, or at least have the option.

Two reasons, better for posting/editing text on the forum and, although not meant for this.. it's absolutely perfect for editing the info labels using the excellent script.libraryeditor by phil65

Thanks so much

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - blondeshanks - 2013-04-21

Just tested on forum browser and keyboard extra space for editing/posting text works as you described ruuk
If you could add an option to choose if you want to use the'modified' keyboard throughout xbmc that would be awesome
Thanks

(2013-04-21, 22:58)blondeshanks Wrote: Just tested on forum browser and keyboard extra space for editing/posting text works as you described ruuk
If you could add an option to choose if you want to use the'modified' keyboard throughout xbmc that would be awesome
Thanks

I think I'll add a button to the keyboard that switches to the large version.
My other option was to have the service that handles notifications set the property that triggers the large view on startup, and change some other code for when FB opens the keyboard.
I was about to do that when I had the idea of adding a button. This will have the added benefit of not hiding anything unnecessarily (for instance some addons display a captcha image above the keyboard).