Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-28, 20:56)ruuk Wrote: This is a test of a cool new version of WebViewer. Edit: It worked! :)

Sounds intresting :idea:

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-29, 14:51)hasselhof Wrote:
(2013-05-28, 20:56)ruuk Wrote: This is a test of a cool new version of WebViewer. Edit: It worked! :)

I'll be camping for a couple of days. When I get back I should be able to post an alpha version to my repo. I had some ideas floating around about how to make WebViewer be more like a web browser. I started testing them out and things went better than I had hoped :)

I think you'll be impressed :)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-05-29

(2013-05-29, 22:15)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-05-29, 14:51)hasselhof Wrote:

I'll be camping for a couple of days. When I get back I should be able to post an alpha version to my repo. I had some ideas floating around about how to make WebViewer be more like a web browser. I started testing them out and things went better than I had hoped :)

I think you'll be impressed :)

I look forward to trying it 8-)
Enjoy your holiday.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-06-02

Posted the first alpha version of WebViewer2 to my REPO.

This is very unfinished, and if you browse around enough, I'm sure you will get some errors Smile

This is not a release per se, I'm just excited about the progress so far and want to show it off Smile

The plan is to eventually merge this with the old WebViewer and allow the choice between the old and new WebViewer. Part of the reason for this is that this version requires the installation of a custom font, which aside from the mild skin modification that's needed, the current font does not support as many language characters (although I should be able to add other fonts later on).

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-06-02

(2013-06-02, 02:22)ruuk Wrote: Posted the first alpha version of WebViewer2 to my REPO.

This is very unfinished, and if you browse around enough, I'm sure you will get some errors Smile

This is not a release per se, I'm just excited about the progress so far and want to show it off Smile

The plan is to eventually merge this with the old WebViewer and allow the choice between the old and new WebViewer. Part of the reason for this is that this version requires the installation of a custom font, which aside from the mild skin modification that's needed, the current font does not support as many language characters (although I should be able to add other fonts later on).

Hi ruuk, I have tried webviewer2 (wv2) for a short while and I like what im seeing. I played youtube videos via the youtube website no problem and I followed your suggested links. I like the way this is going mate really impressed. What will (wv2) bring to FB. Keep up the good work, thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-06-06

Hi ruuk,

I'm getting an error accessing subscriptions at XBMC.org if you don't mind taking a look for me, see log & see screenshot

thank you.

v2.1.11 - ruuk - 2013-06-08

Version 2.1.11

Changes:
- Fix for encoding errors when displaying threads/subscriptions

On my REPO.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-06-09

(2013-06-08, 19:49)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.11

Changes:
- Fix for encoding errors when displaying threads/subscriptions

On my REPO.

Hi ruuk

working ok now thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - jonkopp - 2013-06-11

Thanks ruuk,

Your Geek&Sundry is awesome. What are the steps to vote/request/(passively demand) that it gets added to the official repo?

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-06-14

(2013-06-11, 03:24)jonkopp Wrote: Thanks ruuk,

Your Geek&Sundry is awesome. What are the steps to vote/request/(passively demand) that it gets added to the official repo?

It will get there eventually. I plan to do some re-writing and also add access to the new 'Vlogs' section. After that and some testing I'll submit it.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hstegeman - 2013-06-18

Forumbrowser did currupt my quartz skin by changing dialogkeyboard.xml and font.xml
The search dialog in quartz was unreadable.
After uninstalling forumbrowser and changing the backup files back to the originals my problem was solved.

The addon didn't work for me, I couldn't choose xbmchub.com xbmcandroid.com etc. really nothing did work.
xbmc.org was the only xbmc forum that could be chosen.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-06-18

(2013-06-18, 21:45)hstegeman Wrote: Forumbrowser did currupt my quartz skin by changing dialogkeyboard.xml and font.xml
The search dialog in quartz was unreadable.
After uninstalling forumbrowser and changing the backup files back to the originals my problem was solved.

The addon didn't work for me, I couldn't choose xbmchub.com xbmcandroid.com etc. really nothing did work.
xbmc.org was the only xbmc forum that could be chosen.

I'll try installing the quartz skin and see if I can find out what the issue was. The modifications should normally not cause problems. The keyboard mod replaces the whole file, and the fonts mod adds some fonts to the file. Something must be different in this skin that I did not anticipate.

I'm not sure I follow you you about not getting anything to work.
You said you couldn't choose the other forums. I assume that means they weren't choices because they weren't added.
The only forum that is added by default is xbmc.org. If you want to use another forum, you have to add it either from the Forum Browser online database, or by trying to add it manually by using 'Add Forum' and entering the forum main page URL. These are options on the Forums dialog when you press right.

You said you could choose xbmc.org. Did that forum not function?

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hstegeman - 2013-06-19

I did try to add xbmchub.com xbmcandroid.com from the online database,
xbmchub.com was visible, it doesn't have a logo, but couldn't be added.
I can't find xbmcandroid.com,
minixforums.com can't be added.

It's useless for me, I will make use of tapatalk.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-07-21

Still working great 8-)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - VanZan - 2013-07-31

(2013-06-19, 13:51)hstegeman Wrote: I did try to add xbmchub.com xbmcandroid.com from the online database,
xbmchub.com was visible, it doesn't have a logo, but couldn't be added.
I can't find xbmcandroid.com,
minixforums.com can't be added.

It's useless for me, I will make use of tapatalk.

I just installed this and tried to add xbmchub from the "Add From Online" option. I highlighted xbmchub.com and hit Enter/OK but absolutely nothing happened! I feel like I'm going crazy. The only thing I can think of is the fact I chose not to install the new keyboard or fonts (wanted to have a look at it working before I changed my current things).

Is there anything else that could be foiling my efforts? Looks a nice addon by the way as the already added xbmc.org works a treat!

I was able to add XbmcHub by using the "Add Forum" option and manually entering the web address. Unfortuantely I was unable to select a logo. Again I could move between the different logos but selecting one was not possible. I do hope I'm not missing something obvious and making myself look a complete prat! Smile Very nice work by the way.