Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making (/showthread.php?tid=85142)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- michaeldecharon - 2011-01-30

liquidskin76 Wrote:By all means work on your own version for your own needs (it's a free world!!), however please don't release on the forum!! The last thing we want is different versions of Welo floating about! Best to have one official version, then mods.

Everyone be patient, Welo will arrive when it's ready. It will rock, I promise!

Dear Liquid,

That's what i mean, i don't release my version on the forum...

It wouldn't be right to you and al the work you've been done, i respect the afford and the skinners!

But i tought building it together on this Welo forum could be awsome...

- Hiram - 2011-01-31

I think people have misinterpreted michaeldecharon's idea a little. He didn't mean to a bunch of different releases of Welo, he meant a single release, developed by the community.

A lot of developers all working on the same release, as long as they know that it must be done a certain way, will get the project done a lot faster.

- Hitcher - 2011-01-31

When I passed this project on there were a number of people interested in finishing it but I think it's just been left to liquidskin76 on his own now. If you want to team up with him I suggest you communicate outside of the forum for development purposes.

- michaeldecharon - 2011-01-31

Hiram Wrote:I think people have misinterpreted michaeldecharon's idea a little. He didn't mean to a bunch of different releases of Welo, he meant a single release, developed by the community.

A lot of developers all working on the same release, as long as they know that it must be done a certain way, will get the project done a lot faster.

Thank you Hiram for your explanation!

My intension are exectly as you described, i hope people will now understand my suggestions.Laugh

- michaeldecharon - 2011-01-31

Hitcher Wrote:When I passed this project on there were a number of people interested in finishing it but I think it's just been left to liquidskin76 on his own now. If you want to team up with him I suggest you communicate outside of the forum for development purposes.

Dear Hitcher,

I know what you mean, but as i sad... i'm only a trail and error dude Laugh

With a little copy and paste, i'm trying to put together a skin that fit my needs.

Unfortunately i'm not a professional skinner like you and Liquid... But i get the job done, as far as it goes...Blush

Teaming up with Liquid would be awsome! But i think i don't have the skills for it. Blush

- jspot69 - 2011-01-31

I just want to say this skin will be great! Classy and simple.. I will keep an eye on it!

Keep up the great work!

- bmcclure937 - 2011-02-01

Keep up the work! This skin looks very impressive. Big Grin

- bmcclure937 - 2011-02-03

I wanted to try out this skin and thought there was a DL link. How can I try this?!

- jspot69 - 2011-02-03

bmcclure937 Wrote:I wanted to try out this skin and thought there was a DL link. How can I try this?!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=688965&postcount=204

download the .rar, extract and copy in your addons folder. Restart XBMC and chose the Welo skin.

To be honest, I do not know where the "addons" folder is in XBMC Live. I usually install addons via .zip file Wink

*EDIT*: isn't that the standard format? why not package it that way...

- Hiram - 2011-02-03

This is a community, if you'd like it that way, you could re-package it yourself?

- DPickles - 2011-02-03

bmcclure937 Wrote:To be honest, I do not know where the "addons" folder is in XBMC Live. I usually install addons via .zip file Wink

It's an alpha release. It's not even beta atm. There's no reasons for it to be packaged any other way in it's current stage. You're best off just waiting for it's release unless you just want to look at the pretty views.

Quote:This is a community, if you'd like it that way, you could re-package it yourself?

Pretty sure you could just repackage the .rar file as a .zip and be done with it Wink

- liquidskin76 - 2011-02-03

bmcclure937 Wrote:To be honest, I do not know where the "addons" folder is in XBMC Live. I usually install addons via .zip file Wink

Hi bmcclure937,

As already mentioned, it's not a proper release. It's not even an alpha! The build that everyone is playing with was a 'work in progress' from Hitcher, that was handed over when he stopped development.

That's why it's not packaged properly. The final release will be the usual zip, linking to a repo.

Cheers

Thank you to those who have taken the time to help me Wink (liquidskin76, DPickles, jspot69)

I am looking forward to the final release of this skin. Looks very impressive.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-02-08

Update for everyone...

*Transfer of existing Welo code to fresh xml's as starting base, and restructure to my coding style complete
*Home screen complete
*Movies section complete
*TV Show section complete
*Videos section complete
*Music section complete
*Pictures section complete
*Apps (programs/add-ons) section complete
*Favourites section complete
*Settings/Add-Ons section complete (i expect some skin settings will be added)
*Now Playing Overlay's complete
*Over various bits/texture work complete

To do...

*Weather section
*Screens like File Manager, Profiles, System Info, etc.
*Menus
*Player Controls and Overlays
*Final animation check/tweak
*Anything else i've forgotten!

Some extra info... currently the skin stands at 14.9MB in size (Confluence is 15.9MB) so it should hopefully be lightweight and resource friendly. There's not a great deal more textures to be added.

I know it's very early to be talking about such stuff however for the future, ideas like the below can be introduced...

*Dark theme (not too dark though!)
*Optional alternate list design (early ideas in Welo's mockups)
*More exotic views (over than the standard list, large list, poster, wall views) like coverflow

I'm getting there! However please don't ask about an ETA on an alpha/beta release. I still don't know! Wink

Cheers