Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making (/showthread.php?tid=85142)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- joeblack2k - 2011-03-15

i can do the Dutch one if you want ?

Smile glad to help!

- liquidskin76 - 2011-03-15

joeblack2k Wrote:i can do the Dutch one if you want ?

Smile glad to help!

Yes please. PM me so i don't forget!

Thanks

- Morbeas - 2011-03-15

Still no downloadable "preview"? Dying to get my hands on this. Any ETA?

Hey Morbeas,

There will be no 'downloadable preview'! There will be an alpha release when it's ready. I'll post an update soon to give everyone some idea of where i am with it.

Cheers

Quick update for everyone. Here's what's left to do...

*OSD / Player Controls (working on this now)
*Weather section
*Some stray screens (like system info, movie info, etc)
*Default artwork (will probably use a modded version of Confluence art to speed up release. Then work on Welo's custom art later)
*Dialog screens (70% content done. Remainder and texture work to complete)
*Final animations (most are already in place) and general check/polish

Then i think we'll be ready for an alpha. An ETA... i'm not stupid enough to say as you will all lynch me if it's late! Big Grin

Cheers

Just updated the first few posts with new screen shots.

- lokham - 2011-03-15

juste took a look at the new screens and it's just Shocked Cool

all the things I wanted are in this skin

great job !

- krish_2k4 - 2011-03-15

can i ask what its going to look like without the fanart and just the poster in movies?

krish_2k4 Wrote:can i ask what its going to look like without the fanart and just the poster in movies?

Regarding the fanart image in the bottom left, at the moment it's always there and forms part of the video/music detail. If no fanart exists for an item, then there will be a default image of some type.

Cheers

- Smobbo - 2011-03-15

The new screenshots look great Smile!

Can't wait to get my hands on it Wink!

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-03-15

I love the new screenshots personally, nothing to modify it fits 100% my needs and taste, thanks!

- krish_2k4 - 2011-03-15

liquidskin76 Wrote:Regarding the fanart image in the bottom left, at the moment it's always there and forms part of the video/music detail. If no fanart exists for an item, then there will be a default image of some type.

Cheers

oh its ok i guess, i'll just live with it, no way in hell im looking for fan art for all my movies, i have over 1500!

krish_2k4 Wrote:oh its ok i guess, i'll just live with it, no way in hell im looking for fan art for all my movies, i have over 1500!

Later on after the release, I could add an option to hide fanart, so the plot shifts over. The details section would then be txt and flags only.

I'll add it to the list!

Cheers

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-03-15

Yeah, the flags eat a lot of space under the plot.

But I don't see where else you could put these flags, so we'll have to live with this it's ok. Maybe an option to hide them to gain 2 lines of plot would be useful

Just a couple of questions:
- Do you plan to add an option for DVD/BR cases?
- in the Home screens, will there be an option to hide "listen to", "watch your" etc? like in Confluence?

Anyway very very good work, congratulations Image

- Livin - 2011-03-16

liquid,
it is looking good. I do have two thoughts/comments...

What about turning the covers so they are on a slight angle to give it more depth?
On the text button highlights, a flat rectangle is a bit bland considering the rest of the screen (which looks great). Maybe a bar that has some dimensionality with more curves or a shadow effect like the section around the start ratings?