Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making (/showthread.php?tid=85142)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- Hitcher - 2011-03-17

All good things...

- liquidskin76 - 2011-03-17

toby77jo Wrote:please give us a preview build .. you must be so close to done with the essential stuff already ... months now of drooling over mockups! comeone share the latest commit you did?

LOL! I would love to, however i know i would seriously regret it! You'll have to wait a little longer. Wink

In the meantime, perhaps sample some of the other wonderful skins avaliable! I highly recommend Hitchers Alaska Revisited!! I even more highly recommend Alaska Revisited with the new Night theme that some handsome talented chap recently made for it!!! Hmmmm, now i wonder who that is! Big Grin

- Hitcher - 2011-03-17

Just committing the latest Alaska Revisited build with your Night theme mate.

Lovely, cheers Hitcher.

- otcho - 2011-03-17

Is it possible to grab the Night Theme separately ? I'm not able to use the nightly builds (Live-User), but i'd like to try the Night Theme for AR.

otcho Wrote:Is it possible to grab the Night Theme separately ? I'm not able to use the nightly builds (Live-User), but i'd like to try the Night Theme for AR.

Head over to the revisited thread. I'll post there...

- otcho - 2011-03-17

Theme is lookin' goooood Big Grin

- liquidskin76 - 2011-03-23

I've got good news, bad news, then good news again...

The good news is i tested Welo on my new Samsung 1080p 40" LCD (WOW... what a TV! Big Grin) and it looks great. All my testing has so far been on a 4 year old Sony 720p 40" LCD. There's some texture improvements that need doing (as Welo's mockups and artwork was based on 1280x720). I'm going to convert the textures to 1080, so the skin will be 720, however should then scale up better. However that's one for a later version, so it will be release as is.

The bad news is i've been seriously busy with work and life these last few weeks, so Welo skin has been on a break.

The good news again is that next week i'm seriously planning to crack on with Welo, and will try to get an alpha out soon. Wink I want this to see the light of day as much as you!

Cheers

- mortstar - 2011-03-23

liquidskin76 Wrote:...The bad news is i've been seriously busy with work and life these last few weeks, so Welo skin has been on a break.

The good news again is that next week i'm seriously planning to crack on with Welo, and will try to get an alpha out soon. Wink I want this to see the light of day as much as you!

Cheers

Good stuff LS, I reckon you'll regret saying the bit I quoted & bolded.

Take your time, it's done when it is done.

I expect i will regret it! I'll crack on with Welo next week, however that doesn't mean an alpha will be out next week!!

- MaDDoGo - 2011-03-23

liquidskin76 Wrote:I've got good news, bad news, then good news again...

The good news is i tested Welo on my new Samsung 1080p 40" LCD (WOW... what a TV! Big Grin) and it looks great. All my testing has so far been on a 4 year old Sony 720p 40" LCD. There's some texture improvements that need doing (as Welo's mockups and artwork was based on 1280x720). I'm going to convert the textures to 1080, so the skin will be 720, however should then scale up better. However that's one for a later version, so it will be release as is.

The bad news is i've been seriously busy with work and life these last few weeks, so Welo skin has been on a break.

Cheers

Why don't you make 720p and 1080 texture pack like Jeroen does in new version of reFocus?

MaDDoGo Wrote:Why don't you make 720p and 1080 texture pack like Jeroen does in new version of reFocus?

Yeah, could do. To be honest I havent given it too much thought yet.

Cheers

- DPickles - 2011-03-23

Always good to hear. Keep up the good work! Hopefully it wont be long until I can change my default skin Wink

Any progress on the video OSD at all? I'm very interested to see how that turns out. I've seen the mockups in the .psd and really hope they make it into release.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-03-24

DPickles Wrote:Always good to hear. Keep up the good work! Hopefully it wont be long until I can change my default skin Wink

Any progress on the video OSD at all? I'm very interested to see how that turns out. I've seen the mockups in the .psd and really hope they make it into release.

Hey DPickles,

The OSD design will basically be the same. One change i might make is to have them cover the whole width instead of being a block, and to make them slightly transparent. Not 100% yet... will see how it looks.

Cheers

- nistuf - 2011-03-24

Congratz on buying a new TV Wink And I'm glad to hear an alpha release is on the way, good luck next week with living up to these expectations Big Grin