Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making (/showthread.php?tid=85142)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- liquidskin76 - 2011-04-01

h3llsp4wn Wrote:What about working on the skin instead of taking videos I can't use live ...

Nerd

h3ll Wink

LOL... well, you could load the video onto XBMC and play it your tv, then point your remote, press some buttons, and pretend you're using Welo!! Big Grin

Don't worry, i'll be working hard on the skin. Wink

- liquidskin76 - 2011-04-01

Oh, Oh, i'm on 499 posts, just one post away from 500... hang on, well look at that, now i'm on 500! Big Grin

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-04-03

I look forward message nr.501, which will of course present a YouTube link with work in progress

- mach170 - 2011-04-03

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:I look forward message nr.501, which will of course present a YouTube link with work in progress

Followed quickly by post nr. 502 with the download link for the final release. Nod

- Brainfrz - 2011-04-04

mach170 Wrote:Followed quickly by post nr. 502 with the download link for the final release. Nod

I'd settle for an early beta Laugh

Some additional views - michaeldecharon - 2011-04-04

Just playing around, waiting till the alpha release will come out...

- DazNoonan - 2011-04-04

Those images look really good... Can't wait to get my hands on this one!!

- liquidskin76 - 2011-04-04

Hey Michael,

Those look good. I've already got a landscape view that's being used on tv show episodes at the mo, however i'll have it on movies as well at some point.

I like the wall view with the fanart preview. Like you've mocked up, it will look great with an option to hide the fanart in the lower left corner.

Are you planning on some mods!?

Cheers

- michaeldecharon - 2011-04-04

DazNoonan Wrote:Those images look really good... Can't wait to get my hands on this one!!

Glad you like it, still needs some fine-tuning Big Grin

- michaeldecharon - 2011-04-04

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey Michael,

Those look good. I've already got a landscape view that's being used on tv show episodes at the mo, however i'll have it on movies as well at some point.

I like the wall view with the fanart preview. Like you've mocked up, it will look great with an option to hide the fanart in the lower left corner.

Are you planning on some mods!?

Cheers

Thanks liquidskin!

The views are actual working and aren't mock ups, but I've to tweak them a little. The animations are based on the original views, so that needs to be changed.

I've placed the the fanart higher, so that when you don't interact for a couple of seconds the trailer automatically starts in the fanart image. (not ready yet)

Another idea based on imdb mobile website, is to show only the cover and the fanart and when selecting the cover cinema experience will launch. Selecting the fanart will start playing the trailer fullscreen.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-04-06

Due to work and life, plus i've been ill the last week, Welo has sort of stood still lately. Blush

I know you are all very eager to get your hands on the skin (Nod), so here's the deal... I'm going to release the alpha soon, however it will be missing a few areas (default art, weather, video/music osd's and player controls, karaoke). They will follow on in the beta, etc.

Basically from the Alpha onwards, Welo will mature, grow, and improve.

So i've only got the dialog screens to complete, then it's alpha time! Hopefully that will satisfy your appetites for while! Wink

- DPickles - 2011-04-06

liquidskin76 Wrote:Due to work and life, plus i've been ill the last week, Welo has sort of stood still lately. Blush

I know you are all very eager to get your hands on the skin (Nod), so here's the deal... I'm going to release the alpha soon, however it will be missing a few areas (weather, video/music osd's and player controls, karaoke). They will follow on in the beta, etc.

So i've only got the dialog screens to complete, then it's alpha time! Hopefully that will satisfy your appetites for while! Wink

Interesting..... I like this! Shame about the Video OSD. I was looking forward to that. But all in good time!

- michaeldecharon - 2011-04-06

liquidskin76 Wrote:Due to work and life, plus i've been ill the last week, Welo has sort of stood still lately. Blush

I know you are all very eager to get your hands on the skin (Nod), so here's the deal... I'm going to release the alpha soon, however it will be missing a few areas (weather, video/music osd's and player controls, karaoke). They will follow on in the beta, etc.

Your the best! Can't wait to see your input.

Hope you get well soon.

DPickles Wrote:Interesting..... I like this! Shame about the Video OSD. I was looking forward to that. But all in good time!

Hey DPickles,

The video/music osd and player controls will most likely be the first thing i add after the aplha release so hopefully you won't have wait for long. Wink

Cheers

michaeldecharon Wrote:Your the best! Can't wait to see your input.

Hope you get well soon.

Cheers. Wink