Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) (/showthread.php?tid=86038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - jackw - 2012-08-01

HI,

I've been using the patch for a few day now, seems to work really good, but I do notice on some trailers for DVD's there is no sound and then when the movie start all of a sudden I have sound? Anyone else had experience of this?

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - urarthur - 2012-08-08

(2012-07-13, 16:59)Seaco Wrote: Hi All

I have the same problem as someone else on here I try to add the Dual Audio file XBMC-11.0-dx-DualAudio and I get a message The Computer Can't Start Because SDL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I have looked in the XBMC folder and it is there i have also added a copy to WIN32 but to no avail any ideas?

Lee

Did you add the xbmc file from the zip to /program files/xbmc/ folder and replaced the original xbmc file?

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Stildawn - 2012-08-20

Could someone explain how I would get this working on my system? I have no idea how to patch stuff?

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Snippo - 2012-08-20

Try this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86038&pid=1125937#pid1125937

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Stildawn - 2012-08-21

Don't know if that link was for me, but that was even more confusing.

I am running Windows 7 if that helps?

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - LakersFan - 2012-08-21

Make sure you're running the final XBMC version of Eden for Win 7. Next, download the compiled binary from the first post (not the source files!). Go to your main XBMC folder (typically C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC or for Win7 64 bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC) and replace the xbmc.exe file in the folder with the one you just downloaded. Restart XBMC. Easy as pie!

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Stildawn - 2012-08-22

Ah thanks heaps. I think I downloaded the source files by accident which is why I was confused.

Much thanks I will try this tonight.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - shanklylfc - 2012-08-24

I have just installed ubuntu 12.04, and trying to get this patch to work on xbmc eden.
i have never done anything like this before so please excuse any dumb questions.
i have read the all the posts and followed the instructions on page 52 post 515. I open terminal in ubuntu follow steps 1 - 12 and everything was going well up until the following instruction

"[Download Schumi2004's diff patch from post #493 in this thread. When I tried replacing the Eden source files with XHBL's patch files – I got a bunch of TinyXML include errors. Fixing the include errors created other reference errors, so I applied the Schumi2004 patch with:]

(13) git apply xbmc-11.0.1-999-dual-audio-patch.v0.2.patch"

I downloaded the patch to default location in ubuntu "home/Downloads" but what now?
when i put, git apply xbmc-11.0.1-999-dual-audio-patch.v0.2.patch in terminal it tells me there is no such file or location.
so how do i apply the patch? ive tried to add the directory of the downloaded patch into terminal, ive tried opening it with a text editor and copy/paste the code directly into terminal.
can someone please help? what do i type in terminal to apply the patch?

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - ubuntu-xbmc - 2012-08-28

shanklylfc,

In order for the Git command to work, the patch needs to be in the same directory with XBMC. Probably the easiest way to copy the patch from the download location to the xbmc location is the following terminal command:

(12b) cp ~/Downloads/xbmc-11.0.1-999-dual-audio-patch.v0.2.patch ~/xbmc

Once the patch file is moved to the XBMC directory, you can continue with step 13.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - jesusma - 2012-09-05

Hi, Is it possible to play by spdif passtrought AC3, DST, HD- Audio, and when play mp3, etc (analog audio) then play by analog audio of the sound card instead of spdif?.

I think It´s select by source or by player instead.

Thanks in advance.

Grettings from Spain Big Grin

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - shanklylfc - 2012-09-09

(2012-08-28, 08:08)ubuntu-xbmc Wrote: shanklylfc,

In order for the Git command to work, the patch needs to be in the same directory with XBMC. Probably the easiest way to copy the patch from the download location to the xbmc location is the following terminal command:

(12b) cp ~/Downloads/xbmc-11.0.1-999-dual-audio-patch.v0.2.patch ~/xbmc

Once the patch file is moved to the XBMC directory, you can continue with step 13.

Sorry for slow reply but I couldnt find my log in details, anywho Thanks so much ubuntu-xbmc, ive got it all working now.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - THX-UltraII - 2012-09-13

Is this patch the solution for what I am looking for? I want:

IN SHORT:
dual audio output simultanously:
output1 HDMI (NVIDIA GTX460) with DTS-MA/True-HD audio
output2 with DTS/DD core via optical out Creative X-Fi surround 5.1 optical out
Just found out this thread and it seems like there is finally a second (and maybe even better, have to try it yet) solution for D-Box users!

LONG:
a D-Box system is a system which is simply said a moving seating during movies (http://www.d-box.com). The seating get s it signal from a D-Box decoder (D-Box MCI-2P). This (pc-based) D-Box decoder needs to receive the ORIGINAL core dts/dd signal via optical spdif input in order to work. One can use a simple SPDIF audio card (like the Creative X-Fi surround 5.1 usb). You can connect the spdif output of the audio card to the spdif input of the d-box decoder and from the d-box decoder spdif output you connect the decoder to your avr. Simple as that eh? Of course this way you cannot enjoy dts-ma/true-hd audio.

Over the past years D-Box users have looked for a HTPC solution to be able to use d-box and high-res audio at the same time. Some cable extractors where tried but it never worked (it did not work because the condition of the D-Box decoder is that it needs to receive the core UNALTERED dd/dts signal and with all these extension cables something went wrong that just didn t make it work).

So in all these years d-box users who wanted to have d-box and high res. audio simultanuously needed to use non pc player like the Dune and Oppo player which support audio over HDMI and SPDIF at the same time.

d-box always said they where working a a HDMI decoder but it never came......

A few month ago there was a breakthrough and a d-box user on the AVS forum managed to get it working on a HTPC! He created his own (altered) version of Media Player Classic Home Cinema and LAV filters http://htpcfordbox.over-blog.com/article...40282.html). With his software d-box users can now enjoy d-box and high res. audio with a htpc. However, there are some downsides:

- First of all, d-box users are limited and can only use MPC-HC and LAV filters. The biggest downside of MPC-HC is that it does not support 3D so a 3D+d-box+high res. audio is not possible. I ve read that 3D is possible with XBMC.

- Next there is the author who does not update the software anymore while there has been quite a few new versions of MPC-HC and LAV filters with important fixes. I do not have acces to the source codes.

Finally my questions :
- Will this Dual Audio Output support for XBMC work with D-Box?
- Can only the internal player of XBMC be used with this Dual Audio output option?
- If so, is the internal XBMC player compatible with SVP frame interpolation (http://www.svp-team.com) and madVR (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228)?

Thanks for all input and sorry for my bad English!!

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - butchjr - 2012-09-16

Could anyone upload xbmc-11.0.1-999-dual-audio-patch.v0.2.patch somewhere? All the links seem to be broken.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - ubuntu-xbmc - 2012-09-24

Butchj,

The link Schumi2004 provided in post #493 still works for me:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6696611/OpenELEC/index.html

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - PaulCarter - 2012-10-12

Has the Ubuntu ppa just been updated? I've just rebooted my xbmc box for the first time in a while and suddenly lost the dual audio version I built earlier this year.
I'll do an update from git and rebuild with the patch over the weekend to see if that works. If it does I'll post a link to an updated binary.