Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) (/showthread.php?tid=86038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - MrRimmer - 2014-01-01

(2013-12-31, 21:38)Leopold Wrote: I'm thinking of solving the dual audio problem with one of these:

http://dx.com/p/hdv-m612-hdmi-to-hdmi-audio-video-converter-white-153709

It would hopefully take the HDMI output from my Acer Revo and split it into analog stereo (for Onkyo AV zone 2) and the original HDMI signal (to Onkyo AV).
It also appears that I could power it from a spare USB port on the Revo.

Any ideas if this would work? Has anyone else used something like this?

It would only work in as far as HDMii can only support a single audio path, so you're only going to get 2 channel sound through the AV receiver.
If you want a combination of 2 channel analogue and multi-channel surround you're out of luck with this option!

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Brian B - 2014-01-09

For anyone looking...

I just purchased one of these:

Atlona AT-HD570

It retails for $230.

It will take in any type of HDMI signal (including 3D), strip the audio out (either bitstream, LPCM7.1 down to 2.0) and send out the audio signal via analog mini connections or toslink/optical as well as pass-through the HDMI video signal.

This worked nicely for me to run hi-res audio via HDMI to my main display and output video from a switcher through this device to allow for simultaneous 2-channel audio to play through a multi-room system.

B.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - MrRimmer - 2014-01-09

(2014-01-09, 06:28)Brian B Wrote: For anyone looking...

Atlona AT-HD570

It retails for $230.

It will take in any type of HDMI signal (including 3D), strip the audio out (either bitstream, LPCM7.1 down to 2.0) and send out the audio signal via analog mini connections or toslink/optical as well as pass-through the HDMI video signal.

This worked nicely for me to run hi-res audio via HDMI to my main display and output video from a switcher through this device to allow for simultaneous 2-channel audio to play through a multi-room system.

B.

That's a nice bit of kit but note the following limitations:
1. You still can't do dual audio where the two audio streams are of different types e.g. one 5.1 and one (mixed down) 2.0 - the 2.0 feed is going to be missing all surround info. Best you could do here is to use a dolbe encoder to mix the surround channels back in to a 2.0 stream.
2. Only uncompressed audio can be output to the analog connections, so DTS-MA will only be passed through HDMI. AFAIK, XBMC cannot decode DTS-MA so you can at most get DTC core output to analogue. This is a restriction of HDMI licensing or somesuch legal nonsense rather than a technical limitation.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Brian B - 2014-01-11

(2014-01-09, 12:07)MrRimmer Wrote:
(2014-01-09, 06:28)Brian B Wrote: For anyone looking...

Atlona AT-HD570

It retails for $230.

B.

That's a nice bit of kit but note the following limitations:
1. You still can't do dual audio where the two audio streams are of different types e.g. one 5.1 and one (mixed down) 2.0 - the 2.0 feed is going to be missing all surround info. Best you could do here is to use a dolbe encoder to mix the surround channels back in to a 2.0 stream.
2. Only uncompressed audio can be output to the analog connections, so DTS-MA will only be passed through HDMI. AFAIK, XBMC cannot decode DTS-MA so you can at most get DTC core output to analogue. This is a restriction of HDMI licensing or somesuch legal nonsense rather than a technical limitation.

This isn't a limitation for me...just using it to feed music via HDMI to a Living Room setup and analog to the rest of the house, but thanks for pointing it out for any who thought it might work for them in a different way.

B.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - gilito - 2014-02-16

(2010-11-24, 10:57)xhbl Wrote: 11.0-Eden:
Windows(DirectX): XBMC-11.0-dx-DualAudio.rar
Other OS Platform: Pls build from the modified source files below by yourself :-)

Hello! I'm new to the forum.
I was trying on a dual audio solution for FRODO and could not.
So I decided to install EDEN and test "[PATCH] Dual Audio Output", but the link is OFF.
If anyone has the file and can provide, I appreciate it.
Thanks

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - ghostdunks - 2014-03-18

Same, I'm still running Dharma(10.1) because of "wife reasons", just saw this link when I wanted to get dual audio solution recently. Those links seem to be dead. Anyone have a copy of the latest dual audio patch for Dharma?

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - mrdally204 - 2014-03-18

The link has since changed when Microsoft rebranded to One Drive Check out the following link...

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5491c0195ae1583b&id=5491C0195AE1583B%21160

Hope xhbl does not mind posting the new link. It might be smart for us to download the binary and sources for his patches to have at another location in case they disappear again...

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - ghostdunks - 2014-03-18

Thanks for that mrdally204! That worked a treat!

Edit: Just downloaded it and works like a dream for what I need it for, thanks xhbl for coding it and mrdally204 for pointing me to the new location Smile

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - pr0xZen - 2014-03-31

Any news on this, in regards to Gotham (Win8.1)?
I already use an external USB soundcard for toslink and 5.1 analog (XBMC set to digital output), and do get dual output. I guess that's just how the drivers for this usb "soundcard" work - as long as analog is not disabled, I get bot digital and 5.1 analog. But I'd love to easily switch to, or always keep active - the onboard stereo analog, for the wireless headset. The 5.1 analog from the usb soundcard is dedicated to Netflix Metro 5.1 output, due to broken PAP with Win8.1 & Intel Bay Trail platform.

I can do this through profiles if necessary, but I'm hoping I don't have to.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - 2tonesp - 2014-04-04

Thanks for posting the updated link! I'm just going to make a separate Eden install that I can launch from my remote when I need multi-zone audio. It'll always be the dream to get this incorporated into the main/current builds.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - User 108758 - 2014-04-22

For people interested in this for Frodo, xhbl has dual audio builds of that here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192480