Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online (/showthread.php?tid=86430)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- DejaVu - 2011-01-14

supertom44 Wrote:I quite like that view my only concern is that generally movies you can guess the title from half the poster are ones you have seen or heard off, so not great for finding out new movies easily if that makes sense lol.

I guess you could add text to them, or links to the movie.

- stoli - 2011-01-14

DejaVu77 Wrote:I figure you can add 5 to the widget and have them underlapping. Most movies you can recognise from half the cover.

Little mock-up I did, nothing special, but an idea - (Clicky)

supertom44 Wrote:I quite like that view my only concern is that generally movies you can guess the title from half the poster are ones you have seen or heard off, so not great for finding out new movies easily if that makes sense lol.

Actually I think that could be a good thing - all the more reason for a user to click the link and check out your library and get more info on the movie....

BB Codes - wilson.joe - 2011-01-15

I don't think anyone understand what I meant when I said bbcodes
for comments similar to last.fm so let me illustrate an example..

say i leave a comment for Death Race.

A bit like [/movie] Running Man[/movie] starring [/actor] Arnold Schwarzenegger [/actor] but instead of running one is driving a car.

the /movie would lead to a page for the movie running man
the /actor would lead to the actor page for Arnold Schwarzenegger.

it was just a thought.

- MindTooth - 2011-01-16

I'm sorry to even ask this, but will there we an option to remove the account?

- wilson.joe - 2011-01-16

MindTooth Wrote:I'm sorry to even ask this, but will there we an option to remove the account?

That doesn't sound like a bad question. I would like to know also.

- TheDuffMan - 2011-01-16

Thanks for the feedback on signature ideas. I think I'll be taking a bit from each for the final product. I got the programming part working, now I just need to make it look good.

For deleting profiles, this has been asked before and I started some work with it. It needs to be tested before I add it, but since there's some interest in it I can push it up to an earlier deployment. Is this about a privacy issue? Would being able to password protect collections help?

TheDuffMan Wrote:Thanks for the feedback on signature ideas. I think I'll be taking a bit from each for the final product. I got the programming part working, now I just need to make it look good.

For deleting profiles, this has been asked before and I started some work with it. It needs to be tested before I add it, but since there's some interest in it I can push it up to an earlier deployment. Is this about a privacy issue? Would being able to password protect collections help?

I know for myself it isnt because I want to delete my account but its having the ability to do so,and also password change.. The ability to make ones profile public or private/members only wouldn't be bad either.

- TheDuffMan - 2011-01-16

Password change is there already in the settings section. And yes, I think it's fair allow users the option to delete their profile. Thanks for the feedback. I'd deploy it sooner but I need to make sure if a user adds comments, follows users, etc., that all that gets cleaned up properly as well if a user chooses to remove themselves.

TheDuffMan Wrote:Password change is there already in the settings section.

Me bad.. I noticed it after I had posted the comment. Having the ability to delete accounts will also stop people from later on abandon the account, and possibly directing it to a bogus email address etc, leaving a bigger mess for you later on. Hope your finding time for your personal life...

TheDuffMan Wrote:I'd deploy it sooner but I need to make sure if a user adds comments, follows users, etc., that all that gets cleaned up properly as well if a user chooses to remove themselves.

i never thought about all the comments, followers etc, your right don't wanted traces of "deleted user" all over.

- TheDuffMan - 2011-01-19

@Wilson.joe: Even worse - not just traces would be left but it would typically crash the page when references were left before. Obviously not good Smile

Dynamic signatures are available, as you should be able to see below this message! Use this code to embed, just remove the spaces and change username to your name.

Code:
[ URL="http://sharethe.tv/username"][ IMG]http://sharethe.tv/username/widget[/img][/url]

Your image will be available after running an update from XBMC starting now.

- DejaVu - 2011-01-20

I like, but has no information in? Is that going to be added in?
Love the way it's the same size as Trakt's Widget. Looks great together!!!

- AlessandroSS - 2011-01-20

just testing the signature, I will delete this reply after...

ops... I noticed that I can't delete this message... please, can a moderator delete it for me? thanks...

- TheDuffMan - 2011-01-20

@AlessandroSS: You can test your sig by previewing it in user settings without posting. Run an update from XBMC to populate the sig.

@DejaVu77: Thanks! I was having trouble making it look good and fitting a lot of information in it, so I went for simple first. I'd like to add at least the total movie count and maybe information about followers as well in time.

- fonzie - 2011-01-20

I have updated my library, but for some reason the movies are not showing up in the widgets? Why is that?

- TheDuffMan - 2011-01-20

@fonzie: Have you sent an update to the site today? You'll have to have autorun enabled or trigger an update from the Apps menu. The widget is first generated once you send an update.