Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online (/showthread.php?tid=86430)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- musa337 - 2011-02-17

I see. makes sense.
truly grateful for your work and your patience to answer all of our questions. you da man bud!

- brazil_saint - 2011-02-18

DuffMan - the new version sounds good - the resolution of the movie, the search feature - all of it. Looking forward to it!

- jspot69 - 2011-02-18

TheDuffMan Wrote:@AlessandroSS: The reason I had split 'liked' and 'wishlist' into separate views is because those movies are not necessarily ones in your collection, i.e. you can like any movie on the site, and 'wishlist' pics are ones that are not in your collection. But, I think it makes sense to show which ones you've liked in your collection, so I'll add likes to the popover.

For the searching, yea, that's a great idea and exactly what I had in mind for the full site search. You could search for users, movies, or actors, and then the dropdown beneath the search box would show a small image of the movie or actor, along with info like the title and year. The search box inside a movie collection I think I'll keep as is - this way as you start typing, you see the matches beneath change and become filtered.

@bmcclure937: I'm open to ideas. Are you thinking slimmer height wise or width? It's not a priority but down the road I'd like to give users the option between several designs.

@Laserray: Yes, that's a fair and good request. I will work this into the user information area. I'm starting to layout that area and I'll post the image up here as well to get some feedback. I think it'll be fairly easy to add and helpful.

@jspot69: Yes, in time Smile I've decided to push forwards with a v2 of the site, incorporating the most popular features everyone has been asking for and improving the UI first. Then, adding in TV shows afterwards shouldn't be too difficult. No estimated time though!

Sorry for not thank you before, but seriously it's my #1 solution for showing off my movies collections to my friends and family. I used to keep all my movies in a excel sheets in the past and it was painful! Keep up the good work!

- Harro - 2011-02-20

I love the site but wish the users would post a few more comments on the titles, so others can getting a feeling for what the movie is like. Plus adding more comments on the front page would be cool.

- musa337 - 2011-02-20

jesus... 1105 movies harro? how many of those are in HD? I undersatnd you got the Jennifers body for Megan fox but is it any good?

- Harro - 2011-02-20

musa337 Wrote:jesus... 1105 movies harro? how many of those are in HD? I undersatnd you got the Jennifers body for Megan fox but is it any good?

I dunno how many are in HD, usually get HD movies for all the good cgi films ( avatar, transformers, spiderman, etc..) you get the idea, and although watching Megan Fox is HOT, the movie was just average with a few good twists. Also since I watch all the movies on my desktop 24" monitor HD is not all that important.

- brazil_saint - 2011-02-20

Harro Wrote:I love the site but wish the users would post a few more comments on the titles, so others can getting a feeling for what the movie is like. Plus adding more comments on the front page would be cool.

Harro - I agree with that. I like to comment on movies as I watch them. It's limited to a short Twitter style review, and while details on the film itself are available (usually) on IMDB or TMDB, I like to put my comments about the film, rather than what the film is.

- musa337 - 2011-02-20

Harro Wrote:usually get HD movies for all the good cgi films ( avatar, transformers, spiderman, etc..)
yeah i hear ya man. I dont mind getting 720p in normal movies(or even SD) but cgi,sci-fi I always get 1080p.
by the way, you got a new follower Big Grin

- Harro - 2011-02-20

musa337 Wrote:yeah i hear ya man. I dont mind getting 720p in normal movies(or even SD) but cgi,sci-fi I always get 1080p.
by the way, you got a new follower Big Grin

Took me some time to find you but I added you to follow also. Guess I am easier to locate since I post more crap. Shocked

- Gotcha007 - 2011-02-21

Hi. Wonderful site !

Is it possible in the future to implement a search in your collection?

And also is there an API to read a movie collection from another program?

- Prasket00 - 2011-02-21

Very nice plugin just found it tonight and passed it on to a few buds of mine. Hoping to see some TV support in the future. I would even be willing to help/donate for the cause.

- musa337 - 2011-02-21

hey Nick, is it possible to make it so users can reply to other users comments about the movie. so users can discuss about that certain movie? like the "facebook wall" or something. just curious. thanks.

- Harro - 2011-02-21

Also another request.
Under user please can you make it alphabetical order.
Thanks.

I also just tried to add a comment and didn't accept it .
Page came up with this " The change you wanted was rejected.

Maybe you tried to change something you didn't have access to"

Was just a normal comment.
Sorry if i broke it.

- lansing - 2011-02-21

Really cool idea. I was thinking of printing off a list of my movies to share with some family members or occasionally to look at my own collection when I am elsewhere (yeah, when it gets big you start forgetting what you have!) but this solution is 10x better. Going to install it tonight and see how it works.

Oh, btw, I learned about it thanks to someone's signature on here, I was curious what it was and then clicked through to find out more.

- musa337 - 2011-02-22

Harro Wrote:" The change you wanted was rejected.

Maybe you tried to change something you didn't have access to"

Was just a normal comment.
Sorry if i broke it.
lol, Im also having trouble leaving a comment. Nick must be working on the comment section.