Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online (/showthread.php?tid=86430)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- TheDuffMan - 2011-02-25

@pgoose: When you enable the system wide debugging it should say on the overlay on the screen. Like Log: ___________ . For me it's in the temp folder of xbmc.

- musa337 - 2011-02-25

TheDuffMan Wrote:@musa337: Is the idea to be able to comment on things other than movies? Like leave messages on user's profile pages? I've been kicking around that idea but not sure when I'd implement it. Thanks!
yes. that would be really cool. i think the users would be more active on the site when they are able to communicate with each other about movies on their list or recommending one etc. i think it would be cool. thanks for listening Nick!Big Grin

- TheDuffMan - 2011-02-26

Hi guys,

I've added a search box at the top of each page that should make finding movies you want easier. Also, behind the scenes I'm now caching search results from themoviedb, which should make updates run faster. Let me know if you see anything wonky with library updates, but there shouldn't be any change to them on the front end. Next up: a page that shows where your missing movies are from the last update, and how to fix that.

- RiChaDo - 2011-02-27

Im using cinema experience & disabled notifications but everytime i start HTE I get a popup with this:

"Empty movie library so not sending update"

- TheDuffMan - 2011-02-27

Awesome new feature added: look through your last library update!!

This page shows you exactly what happened in your last library update from XBMC. It shows the mapping of each movie you sent to what was added on the site, and it will show errors for movies that weren't added. For example, in this case I found out V for Vendetta wasn't being added to my library because I have the wrong year attached to it in XBMC. After updating the year to 2006, the movie gets added successfully.

Let me know how it works for everyone! I think this will be a massive help to everyone trying to pin down why some movies aren't added. You can find this on your profile page. Look for the "Review Last Update" heading and follow the link from there. There will only be results there once you send a library update from past this point in time, since it's a new feature.

@RiChaDo: I'll spend some time looking into that soon, need a break after launching this feature Smile

EDIT: You guys are flooding the backlog with updates. They're all getting processed, but it just may take some extra time than normal since everyone is updating at the same time.

- Harro - 2011-02-27

Thanks for the update. I atleast know now which movies are not getting scraped into the site.

- Harro - 2011-02-28

I have a request on your new feature.

Instead of pulling the complete database for all the movies in your library could you have it just pull the movies that don't get scraped into the site. With just these movies the list is easier to navaigate. Even though as it sits now is fine but I was thinking about some of the guys with 2k-3k in movies and that list would be pretty long to find all the non listed ones.

Thanks.

- Laserray - 2011-02-28

Thanks TheDuffMn for all your hard work.
It keeps looking beter and better.

- TheDuffMan - 2011-03-01

Thanks guys! Harro, I've tweaked the page to show the errors first, and fixed the listings to sort alphabetically. This way errors will show up right away. Thanks for the input!

- Harro - 2011-03-01

TheDuffMan Wrote:Thanks guys! Harro, I've tweaked the page to show the errors first, and fixed the listings to sort alphabetically. This way errors will show up right away. Thanks for the input!

Sweet Thanks it makes finding the little buggers easier. Big Grin

- brazil_saint - 2011-03-01

Great update! I can find those missing films from my collection now...not sure I am going to create an entry for the wedding video though... Laugh

- TheDuffMan - 2011-03-02

What, no imdb id for the wedding vid? Smile

I came in to post that I've added searching to all user's collections. Simply start typing the name of a movie or set of movies you have in mind and the results will change automatically. This is great for quickly checking if you own a movie or if a movie exists in someone else's collection. Enjoy!

- Laserray - 2011-03-02

TheDuffMan Wrote:What, no imdb id for the wedding vid? Smile

I came in to post that I've added searching to all user's collections. Simply start typing the name of a movie or set of movies you have in mind and the results will change automatically. This is great for quickly checking if you own a movie or if a movie exists in someone else's collection. Enjoy!

Got the reporting feature to work last night. It was timing out the night before.
I notice that 100's of the old movies are not in the TMDB collection.
Is it hard to add movies to their database?

It would be nice to if it pointed out duplicates.

Thanks Again.

- brazil_saint - 2011-03-02

I've still got some problems finding my last few films:

I still need to add one or two to TMDB.org, but I have started to add the rest (will be updating posters and backdrops later this week) so shouldn't they appear?

I have scraped them using media companion and they all have the IMDB TT code correct as far as I can tell..

Any thoughts?

- TheDuffMan - 2011-03-03

@Laserray: It's easy to add. You just add as many details as you'd like and hit save.

@brazil_saint: So, currently we cache search results from TMDb so those movies you added wouldn't come up in your collection for about 2 weeks. But, I've added a nice fix for this. On the review page you'll see this message:

Quote:Please note: We cache results from themoviedb.com's servers, so if you have recently added movies to their site they will not show up in your collection here for up to two weeks. If you have added some movies to themoviedb.com, you can see them immediately after your next library update by clicking this link.

After you click that link and run an update from XBMC, you'll see the movies you've added to TMDb added to your collection.