Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online (/showthread.php?tid=86430)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- SirBC - 2010-12-21

DejaVu77 Wrote:I use Couch Potato for that - the user script has been edited to support Sharethe.TV Smile

I guess what I am talking about is the ability, right from the sharethe.tv site, to click a movie that would then add it to a "to be watched" list. Unless I am not understanding how these other 3rd party apps are working, it looks like you have to add those movies from within their respective program. If I have to bounce out of sharethetv into a 3rd party app every time I want to add a movie to the tbw list, that likely isn't going to be a workable solution long term.

Duffman, I think it would be helpful to consider, from a users point of view, what you think are the features that will keep users coming back to the site. Once the movies are uploaded, I now have an URL I can share with family and friends so they can browse my collection. But what would keep *me* coming back once that is setup? I already know what movies are in my collection, so it will likely be my interest in other peoples collections. Those are the features that I would suggest you focus on.

Take a look at goodreads.com, a (very successful) site that is similar in function to yours, but for books instead of movies. Right beneath the book cover is a link to "add to my books", a very handy way to instantly keep track of books I want to read. I really think this is the kind of feature that will keep users returning to the site.

One other suggestion would be an easy way to mark certain movies from being displayed in the collection. One way would be to ignore any movie with a certain genre tag ("Private"), so they would never even be synced, or perhaps the ability to select from the sharethe.tv site movies that should not be publicly displayed, but only displayed to the user.

- Pr.Sinister - 2010-12-21

Very nice indeed!

Added my 2368 Movies quite quickly...

Now since this is to show off, hope you get something like trak.tv where you can have a dynamic signature that shows your library totals that link to your page.

Eagerly awaiting Facebook/Twitter integration!

-Pr.

- bramblepants - 2010-12-21

This is a really great plugin! Installed and up and running in minutes! Smile Looks like a great way of discovering new movies too. Looking forward to what you have in store!

The ONLY problem I can see so far, is the images don't display properly on IE. I don't use IE at home, but I don't have a choice at work. The problem is the movie covers display in one long list, ie

where they should obviously be:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5
6, 7, 8, 9, 10

I hope that makes sense. Should be easy to sort with some changes to the CSS you're using on the site?

bramble

- Hjord - 2010-12-21

I like it!
What about integrate TV shows/episodes?

- erikss0n - 2010-12-21

I would like a possibility to generate HTML pages from my library or printouts to A4.
I also have wondered if there is an option to remove an account if one would like to.

Possible Memory Leak - Pr.Sinister - 2010-12-22

I believe there may be a memory leak in this add-on...

Running on XBMC Dharma Final, ever since i installed this, XBMC's memory usage has gone as high as 2 GB!!!

Once i disabled the ShareThe.TV add-on (simply disabled autorun and restarted XBMC), this no longer happens.

I have just enabled the debug in the add-on's settings and re-enabled autorun.

Where can i find the debug log specific to the this add-on so i can post it?

I have a feeling the reason others haven't found this bug is because their libraries are quite small compared to mine. Hopefully this can be fixed without being able to reproduce it yourself since your library is also small relative to mine.

-Pr.

- Death-Axe - 2010-12-22

So this is the process add source > set type to scrape tmdb > xbmc builds your library > this addon scans your library > unnessesarly scrapes the movie again to show up on the website and sometimes gets it wrong. That about sums it up?

As xbmc scrapes the data it assigns the unique ID from the tmdb doesn't it? so why not use that to match it up so it doesn't come up with the wrong movie?

Don't get me wrong, as with tract this is a VERY nifty addon but with all this stuff running in the background of XBMC, will this not affect the performance of playing video?

What I am saying is, might be an idea to merge your addon with tract to keep background items at a minimum.

I also have a few concerns regarding whom is looking at people collections. As most of us (don't try to deny it, its the whole nature of having movie files on the pc) download the movies then whats to stop the american movie associations from throwing a fit? Just a thought.

All in all though quite cool, sort of bringing it inline with boxee but not quite as tract and this are two separate websites.

- Pr.Sinister - 2010-12-22

Death-Axe Wrote:So this is the process add source > set type to scrape tmdb > xbmc builds your library > this addon scans your library > unnessesarly scrapes the movie again to show up on the website and sometimes gets it wrong. That about sums it up?

As xbmc scrapes the data it assigns the unique ID from the tmdb doesn't it? so why not use that to match it up so it doesn't come up with the wrong movie?

If you had bothered to read the whole thread or at least the posts by the author of the add-on, you would have seen :

TheDuffMan Wrote:I've put out a new version: 1.0.5, at Github. Your current version should still submit fine, but please update! I've changed the addon to also send the IMDB id of each title. I think this change will be for the best and solve all mismatch problems, so I'm really excited for you guys to try it out. This update also brings support for movie sets.

Quote:Don't get me wrong, as with tract this is a VERY nifty addon but with all this stuff running in the background of XBMC, will this not affect the performance of playing video?

Video playback isn't affected at all... Except i may have found a memory leak that does affect overall performance and can lead to a crash Tongue

Quote:What I am saying is, might be an idea to merge your addon with tract to keep background items at a minimum.

It would be great to have the ShareThe.TV and Trakt be merged to get the best of both worlds. I wish Trakt could import my whole library...

Quote:I also have a few concerns regarding whom is looking at people collections. As most of us (don't try to deny it, its the whole nature of having movie files on the pc) download the movies then whats to stop the american movie associations from throwing a fit? Just a thought.

I guess the best bet is to have some sort of request to see info like on Facebook... Only allow people you want to have access... Or don't use the site at all! Big Grin

-Pr.

- ironmantetsuo - 2010-12-22

Pr.Sinister Wrote:I believe there may be a memory leak in this add-on...

Running on XBMC Dharma Final, ever since i installed this, XBMC's memory usage has gone as high as 2 GB!!!

i've been having the same problem since a week or two, but didn't connect it to the sharethe.tv plugin yet.
generally, i watch a movie in my bed while falling asleep and leave xbmc running through the night. Now, when i wake up, both xbmc and windows are extremely laggy, almost unresponsive. xbmc's memory usage is around 1.5GB...

- Death-Axe - 2010-12-22

Ah ok thanks Pr.Sinister. Tract added movies now hehe...

- stoli - 2010-12-22

Pr.Sinister Wrote:I believe there may be a memory leak in this add-on...

Once i disabled the ShareThe.TV add-on (simply disabled autorun and restarted XBMC), this no longer happens.

I have just enabled the debug in the add-on's settings and re-enabled autorun.

Where can i find the debug log specific to the this add-on so i can post it?

I have a feeling the reason others haven't found this bug is because their libraries are quite small compared to mine. Hopefully this can be fixed without being able to reproduce it yourself since your library is also small relative to mine.

-Pr.

I'm right there with you...though I can't specifically point to sharethe.tv as the culprit yet.

From another thread:

Dharma 10.0
Win 7

I'm seeing the same thing. After it ran unattended Sat-Mon it was stuck Monday with 1.7 gig of ram used. I tried it again last night after disabling all background add-ons (trakt, library updater, sharethe.tv, etc.) and from ~11:00 to 7.30am it consumed 780mb ram and was hung - had to kill the XBMC.exe process to get control back.

Logs split in two:
part 1: http://pastebin.ca/2026265
part 2: http://pastebin.ca/2026278

What appears to be really odd is after the screen saver (slideshow) stopped, there were continual queries run every minute:

Code:
23:06:35 T:1116 M:1396494336   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetSetsNav query: SELECT sets.idSet,sets.strSet,COUNT(1) AS c,count(files.playCount) FROM sets JOIN setlinkmovie ON sets.idSet=setlinkmovie.idSet JOIN movie ON setlinkmovie.idMovie=movie.idMovie JOIN files ON files.idFile=movie.idFile  GROUP BY sets.idSet HAVING c>1
23:06:35 T:1116 M:1396375552   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetMoviesByWhere query: select * from movieview WHERE movieview.idMovie NOT IN (SELECT idMovie FROM setlinkmovie s1 JOIN(SELECT idSet, COUNT(1) AS c FROM setlinkmovie GROUP BY idSet HAVING c>1) s2 ON s2.idSet=s1.idSet)
23:06:35 T:1116 M:1396318208   DEBUG: Time for actual SQL query = 26
23:06:35 T:1116 M:1396359168   DEBUG: Time to retrieve movies from dataset = 93

Why would it be doing that every minute non stop for hours?

Edit: Noticed that even though I disabled the sharethe.tv add-on it is still being loaded but not actually submitting anything. It appears disabling the addon doesn't remove it from the autorun.

- TheDuffMan - 2010-12-22

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback about memory use. A bit of background on how the plugin works: with autorun enabled, the addon queries your database through the new JSON RPC once a minute and watches for a change in the count of movies. When there's a change, it'll wait for the update to finish and then send the final update. The loop it sits in is very simple and I'm surprised there could be memory errors, but I'm looking into this right away to see what I can find. I'll try to reproduce it myself.

@Stoli: Those queries you are seeing look like the results from VideoLibrary.GetMovies which is a call the addon makes to the JSON RPC. If you disable the autorun from settings you'll need to run it once afterwards to register that change. It deletes itself from autostarting at that time.

ironmantetsuo Wrote:generally, i watch a movie in my bed while falling asleep and leave xbmc running through the night. Now, when i wake up, both xbmc and windows are extremely laggy, almost unresponsive. xbmc's memory usage is around 1.5GB...

LOL! I do exactly the same thing! XBMC is on all the time and i always fall asleep to something... Even when i WANT to go to sleep, i just play something i've already seen and fall asleep to it...

stoli Wrote:I'm right there with you...though I can't specifically point to sharethe.tv as the culprit yet.

Edit: Noticed that even though I disabled the sharethe.tv add-on it is still being loaded but not actually submitting anything. It appears disabling the addon doesn't remove it from the autorun.

Ya after what TheDuffMan said, looks like ShareThe.TV add-on was still running.

I am 99% sure it's the one causing the memory leak...

- johoja - 2010-12-22

Pr.Sinister Wrote:Ya after what TheDuffMan said, looks like ShareThe.TV add-on was still running.

I am 99% sure it's the one causing the memory leak...

I'm seeing the same thing. Uninstalled the add-on for now.