Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] ShareThe.TV (Addon) - Share & Sync Movie Collection Listings Online (/showthread.php?tid=86430)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- TheDuffMan - 2010-12-22

Short answer: I've fixed the problem. I've sent an update to the addon maintainers, and the update should be available from the XBMC repository shortly. It should automatically update, or if you've disabled auto updates, install version 1.1.0 from the addons section of XBMC. I've also made a small change to check the library count every 5 mins instead of 1 min, but this is not related to the fix.

Longer version: The problem was with the movie count check. I was using the new JSON RPC method of getting that count. If I set the check interval to something like every 3 seconds, I could see memory use grow quickly. I've switched to using the old method of the HTTP API, and checking as quickly as every 3 seconds doesn't affect memory usage at all. I can't find any memory leaks in my code, so I'm wondering if this is an XBMC bug with the new JSON methods. I'll be posting a topic in the dev forums to find out later, but the issue with this addon is resolved.

Sorry for any trouble this has caused! I've tried to respond to this as quickly as I heard about it and I hope you'll still enjoy using the addon.

- stoli - 2010-12-22

Good Stuff! Thank you for the quick response - very commendable.

- Pr.Sinister - 2010-12-23

Ya great response time!

Kudos!

- AlessandroSS - 2010-12-23

Great work and idea! I was looking for a way to share my movie library, now I have it!

I installed and it worked fine! I found out some movies that did not synch but for some of them I went to tmdb and added there, then after a while they were added to my list of movies at ShareThe.tv. It would be interesting to add series library also.

One question: In XBMC for each movie added I edit the name in my language (Portuguese) and between brackets at its end I maintain its original name in English or the original language. This was not a problem for the movie to be found at tmdb and added to my ShareThe.tv list. The problem is on sorting the list at ShareThe.tv, as some movies were not synchronized it's hard to find out which of them. My list at XBMC and movie and folder names in my MacOS are sorted using the names in Portuguese and at ShareThe.tv the movie list is sorted in English. Is there a way to find out which movies were not synchronized, for example a log file?

Thanks!

http://sharethe.tv/alessandro

- Varming - 2010-12-23

I really love the whole idea behind this and the ShareThe.TV site - great work!

I think it would really be great if it was possible to:

1) See the IMDB.com score on the site
2) Give ratings to the movies at your site (like 1-5 stars or something)
3) If you could add a link to MRQE.com on your site

Keep up the great work!!

- wilson.joe - 2010-12-24

Varming Wrote:1) See the IMDB.com score on the site
2) Give ratings to the movies at your site (like 1-5 stars or something)
Keep up the great work!!

I agree with the imdb score and the ability to leave a score rating
also, and maybe the ability to give a little bit more information
on our profiles, even the ability to convers back and forth would be
nice, maybe on our profile pages.

- vinistois - 2010-12-24

if there was a couch potato script that worked with this service, it would be the ultimate movie discovery tool!

Really liking the interface, nice and fast.

BB Codes - wilson.joe - 2010-12-24

Any plans or thoughts of using something like bbcodes?
say [actor] Steve Martin [/actor] etc and that can lead to another
page with a list of the movies Steve has been acted in. Something like last.fm uses for artists.. would be great way of adding comments to movies.. just food for thought..

- AlessandroSS - 2010-12-24

wilson.joe Wrote:Any plans or thoughts of using something like bbcodes?
say [actor] Steve Martin [/actor] etc and that can lead to another
page with a list of the movies Steve has been acted in. Something like last.fm uses for artists.. would be great way of adding comments to movies.. just food for thought..

I believe that the functionality you are referring to is already working:

- If you click on a movie appears a page with its detailed info and one of the info is the cast:
http://www.sharethe.tv/movies/gone-in-sixty-seconds-2000

- Then click on an actor to show all movies participated:
http://www.sharethe.tv/movies/people/angelina-jolie

But may be you are referring also to a search tool that is not available and would be an interesting functionality.

http://sharethe.tv/alessandro

- TheDuffMan - 2010-12-24

@Wilson.joe: Comparison with other users collections is a good idea, and one that I think would be interesting. Not sure when it's coming, but I will add that down the road. Sharing to FB/Twitter is on the next immediate milestone so that will be added soon.

@SirBC: I hear your point. I have to say, I think it would keep people engaged and browsing the site. I want to add it. Hiding certain movies from being sent/shown makes sense as well, I'll see what I can do for that.

@Pr.Sinister: Signature on the way. I'd like it to show the covers of the last 3 movies you've added. By the way, the memory issue is resolved and available from the official repo as version 1.1.0. Thanks for the heads up.

@bramblepants: IE7 I'm guessing at work? The site looks great on chrome, good on firefox, and alright on IE8. It breaks pretty hard on IE7. Fixing browser compatibility is included in the next major update, so that will be fixed soon.

@Hjord: Yes, TV shows and episodes are definitely planned.

@erikss0n: Would be handy to be able to print I think as well. Not sure when I'll squeeze that in but I've written it down.

@Death-Axe: The addon will send a SELECT query against the database once every five minutes if you have autorun enabled. This is a very low cost query, and I'd be surprised that any media centre build that can play HD videos will choke at a relatively small db query. If you are really concerned with performance though, you can disable autorunning and just trigger library updates automatically. As for privacy, a couple of points: your information is not shared with anyone, the only public piece of information on the website is the username that is chosen, and listing movies in a collection by no means implies ownership. XBMC scans in a "movie" as long as an extension matches and a scraper result is found, so an empty file called Inception.2010.mkv is a valid library addition but by no means implies ownership.

@AlessandroSS: No, there isn't an easy way right now, but I've thought about this before since tracking down the missing movies can be tough. I'll see what I can do.

@Varming: IMDB score is something I can look at, ratings may more likely come in the form of recommendations but I will see, and I hadn't heard of mrqe before. I'll look into it, thanks.

@Wilson.joe: I think being able to comment on profile pages would be good too. For bbcodes, are you referring to being able to link in comments?

@AlessandroSS: Searching is coming. The search box is even included in the page, just hidden in the source code Smile

Ok, thanks all for the suggestions. I'll keep everyone up to date and what you can see coming soon. The next major update I'm working on now is a focus on bug fixes and polishing up the site before moving on to new features. That means better multi language support, design fixes, a redesigned movie page and integration with social networks. I'm hoping to finish these by the end of year.

Merry Christmas all!

- wilson.joe - 2010-12-24

Death-Axe Wrote:I also have a few concerns regarding whom is looking at people collections. As most of us (don't try to deny it, its the whole nature of having movie files on the pc) download the movies then whats to stop the american movie associations from throwing a fit? Just a thought.

I know here in the states we are allowed to record tv and we can make a copy of that video for our personal use, we can even let someone else borrow that recording but we are not suppose to distribute it on the internet or let others make copies of said videos. MythTV is a linux media center used to record television and it can work with XBMC so MYTTH does the recording in the background or on another machine and the videos stored on a server etc.. and XBMC can be used as a frontend allowing the playing of those videos and adding them to its library.. TRying to make a long story as short as possible the MPAA can not tell if they are fake videos, recording, legit files. They can't even tell if they are ripped dvds because XBMC can be set up to show ones video collection and give a response to insert the disc once a video has been selected.Nod By using XBMC in no way implies that one is using the software in any illegal fashion, and by no way endores the use of it in such fashion.No

- Hjord - 2010-12-25

On my ShareThe.tv profile it says i got 824 movies, but XBMC says 901 movies.
How can this be?

And i ask again - what about integrate TV shows/episodes?

- DejaVu - 2010-12-25

vinistois Wrote:if there was a couch potato script that worked with this service, it would be the ultimate movie discovery tool!

Really liking the interface, nice and fast.

Couch Potato's User Script has been changed to integrate into Sharethe.TV as well!

- DejaVu - 2010-12-25

My XBMC keeps crashing when using this script. It restarts itself. Not a reboot, but a XBMC restart.

Is this to do with the 'memory leak' and I need to update?
Just to clarify, I'm using version 1.1.0

- steve1977 - 2010-12-26

Pr.Sinister Wrote:It would be great to have the ShareThe.TV and Trakt be merged to get the best of both worlds. I wish Trakt could import my whole library...

Agree, this would be fantastic. While they have a slightly different purpose, merging the 2 would be great. This would probably accelerate development and also increase the user base.