Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- thethirdnut - 2011-01-25

Ditto on the beta testing...if you're in to that kind of thing. ;-)

I have two different setups; atom330 + GT240 -and- i3-540 + GT430; that I could do apple-to-apples subjective testing on...

- blacklist - 2011-01-26

thethirdnut Wrote:Ditto on the beta testing...if you're in to that kind of thing. ;-)

I have two different setups; atom330 + GT240 -and- i3-540 + GT430; that I could do apple-to-apples subjective testing on...
Thanks for the beta test offers guys but I still don't think were near that point yet. I'm getting close to thinking about shooting a short video and posting it. Maybe. Wink

- Japaja - 2011-01-26

Definitely maybe. Would like to see it "live" as opposed to all the static screenshots.

- castortray - 2011-01-26

You are doing an awesome job on the interface. Thanks for your work

I really want to be as beta tester, as well.

- blacklist - 2011-01-26

Japaja Wrote:Definitely maybe. Would like to see it "live" as opposed to all the static screenshots.

I might need some help with it Tongue I'm no video editor.

- pecinko - 2011-01-26

blacklist Wrote:I might need some help with it Tongue I'm no video editor.

Well, drop us a link to a skin and we'll make video <joke/>

Ronie's coding and your graphics are excellent. Only thing I would be afraid of is readability - some of the views looks quite busy and there's not much spare space around text. But then, maybe it's just bad impression from posted screenshots.

We'll see about that in that video Smile

- blacklist - 2011-01-26

pecinko Wrote:Well, drop us a link to a skin and we'll make video <joke/>

Ronie's coding and your graphics are excellent. Only thing I would be afraid of is readability - some of the views looks quite busy and there's not much spare space around text. But then, maybe it's just bad impression from posted screenshots.

We'll see about that in that video Smile
I'll just say this... they are quite busy.
Think of it as the anti-Alaska.

I think everything is layed out logically and once people start using it, they will see the benefit of all of the features and information we're cramming in.

I'll also say, its defiantly not going to be for everyone.

Ultimately I'd like to be able to offer some stripped down views and some media rich views, so people have some choices. But first, I'd like to get it closer completion Tongue

BUT it looks AWESOME on the new 58" Samsung I just installed Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

- tcman47 - 2011-01-26

Skin is looking great, hope it gets done at some point, I am pretty sure that with this skin I can convert a friend who has been waffling on the matter of using XBMC for his home media or not, lol.

TC Nod

- blacklist - 2011-01-26

Idea for now playing dialogs.

- MarkTaunton - 2011-01-26

If you want a video done, I will be happy to help out. I can edit and do post production videos.

Only thing that I would want though would be some possible graphics for the video itself just to make sure that it is not just a bland video.

I can add music scores other bits and bobs without a problem.

Just PM if you want me to have a play.

- blacklist - 2011-01-26

MarkTaunton Wrote:If you want a video done, I will be happy to help out. I can edit and do post production videos.

Only thing that I would want though would be some possible graphics for the video itself just to make sure that it is not just a bland video.

I can add music scores other bits and bobs without a problem.

Just PM if you want me to have a play.

I'm hearing Helmet's "Meantime" for the soundtrack for some reason Tongue

- MarkTaunton - 2011-01-26

I'm not even going to imagine lol

I think you would need a classy score for the skin or something mellow

Possibly Nat king cole - What a wonderful world

Or maybe something from a music score such as Harry Potter as it resembles a spell book.

Sticky with classy music for a classy skin.

- dunpealhunter - 2011-01-26

What exactly are you planning with the last.fm integration into the skin? Is it possible to download music directly from last.fm?

- blacklist - 2011-01-26

dunpealhunter Wrote:What exactly are you planning with the last.fm integration into the skin? Is it possible to download music directly from last.fm?

Integration of scrobbling data, live streams. AFAIK its not possible to download music from last.fm.

- blacklist - 2011-01-26

MarkTaunton Wrote:I'm not even going to imagine lol

I think you would need a classy score for the skin or something mellow

Possibly Nat king cole - What a wonderful world

Or maybe something from a music score such as Harry Potter as it resembles a spell book.

Sticky with classy music for a classy skin.

You and are are completely at opposite sides of the world on that. I'm thinking more like Pantera's Walk or F*cking Hostile.

Watch the movie Fight Club and you will see the aesthetic. Not sure classy is involved at all.