Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- dunpealhunter - 2011-01-29

Is it possible to change the main menu? I have no interest in the weather, photos or music. It would be nice of those things could be removed from the menu.

- blacklist - 2011-01-29

dunpealhunter Wrote:Is it possible to change the main menu? I have no interest in the weather, photos or music. It would be nice of those things could be removed from the menu.

The main menu is hardcoded and would require a mod to change. When you have the main menu active, if you flip the menu left there are 7 customizable items and to the right are additional options (including shudown, etc).

- bridgman - 2011-01-30

A couple of options I would like to see are statistics of how many movies are in each genre and I have always wanted to mod a skin to play different theme for each genre when you enter it through the library. kind of like TV Tunes but with movie genres. I have no python skills so never tried it.

- blacklist - 2011-02-01

Just a little update. Development is progressing at a steady pace. Scary thing is, I'm actually helping now. We'll see how bad I can mess things up before ronie can't stand it any more Wink

- pecinko - 2011-02-01

You already made mockups for every window and dialog? Or you needed something else? :-)

- Oddsodz - 2011-02-01

pecinko Wrote:You already made mockups for every window and dialog? Or you needed something else? :-)

Audiobooks ;-)

Here is the .nfo layout

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<album>
    <title>Title shown in View, usually fill with name of the Book/Collection</title>
    <artist>Writer</artist>
    <genre>Audiobook (this field is taged always audiobook so you can create the Album Smart Playlist</genre>
    <mood>Genre</mood>
    <review>Summary or Description of a Book/Collection</review>
    <type>SubTitle shown in the View, usually fill with breakdown of books of a Collection or such</type>
    <label>Person who Narrated/Read the book</label>
    <rating>As you wish</rating>
    <year>Year of published or Recorded, as you see fit</year>
</album> 

Here is what the end result is

Here is a How to set up the Album Smart Playlist for Audiobooks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ1Y9MoTBrM&hd=1

1 x days of work added just for you. ;-)

- blacklist - 2011-02-01

pecinko Wrote:You already made mockups for every window and dialog? Or you needed something else? :-)

Oh no. There is plenty left to create.graphics for. I'm just getting my hands dirty so-to-speak and working with Ronie to finish getting the movie and TV sections fleshed out. I've done a bunch of work (which probably would have taken Ronie an hour) and got the actor area working just about the way I want it, with the exception of some help we need from grajen3 again working out the RSS.

- blacklist - 2011-02-01

Oddsodz Wrote:Audiobooks ;-)

Here is the .nfo layout

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<album>
    <title>Title shown in View, usually fill with name of the Book/Collection</title>
    <artist>Writer</artist>
    <genre>Audiobook (this field is taged always audiobook so you can create the Album Smart Playlist</genre>
    <mood>Genre</mood>
    <review>Summary or Description of a Book/Collection</review>7
    <type>SubTitle shown in the View, usually fill with breakdown of books of a Collection or such</type>
    <label>Person who Narrated/Read the book</label>m
    <rating>As you wish</rating>
    <year>Year of published or Recorded, as you see fit</year>
</album> 

Here is what the end result is

Here is a How to set up the Album Smart Playlist for Audiobooks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ1Y9MoTBrM&hd=1

1 x days of work added just for you. ;-)

This is definitly on my list to do once we get to the music section - but we haven't even begun coding that yet.

- Advocate - 2011-02-01

Is there an Alpha or Beta we can download and play with yet? I can't wait to try this skin!

- blacklist - 2011-02-01

Advocate Wrote:Is there an Alpha or Beta we can download and play with yet? I can't wait to try this skin!

Negative. Nothing for public consumption yet.

- Japaja - 2011-02-01

So what happened to that video, except long discussion of background music choices?

- rflores2323 - 2011-02-01

is there a sneak peek video that we can see?

- blacklist - 2011-02-01

Japaja Wrote:So what happened to that video, except long discussion of background music choices?

Pretty much just discussing music choices. Tongue

I have then intention of making one eventually, however I wanted to get some other functionality worked out before we do.

And I need a program to make said video with.

- tikkiew - 2011-02-01

blacklist Wrote:And I need a program to make said video with.

I use krut computer recorder. I find it fast and easy to use.

blacklist Wrote:The main menu is hardcoded and would require a mod to change. When you have the main menu active, if you flip the menu left there are 7 customizable items and to the right are additional options (including shudown, etc).

Why you don't use on menu left to bring up favourites? It seems to me favourites has the same goal. And leads to the same shortcuts. Or at least I would think so, if I understand it correct.

- blacklist - 2011-02-02

Thanks for the reccomendation ill give it a shot.

As for the favorites, as I understand from ronie its a feat to get those to actually display on the home screen. The other issue is we only have 7 slots on the menu and it doesn't scroll, so we could only fit that many favorites anyway. By having custom items you can link to favorites or playlists. And when you flip right, a link to.favorites is the first option at the top.

I think when you see it in action it will make perfect sense.