Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- blacklist - 2011-02-15

Preview of a new view I'm working on. Still not 100% on the use of space yet...

Movies: (using poster and fanart)

Actors: (using -thumb1 and -fanart)

- ppic - 2011-02-15

good looking Wink

- falafael - 2011-02-15

just stumbled on this thread, must say, fantastic skin, brilliant work mate, when can i adorn my plasma with this work of art!!
Thanks!

- blacklist - 2011-02-15

falafael Wrote:just stumbled on this thread, must say, fantastic skin, brilliant work mate, when can i adorn my plasma with this work of art!!
Thanks!

Sometime in 2012 but before the apocalypse.

- tcman47 - 2011-02-15

blacklist Wrote:Sometime in 2012 but before the apocalypse.

That means according to the Mayan calendar it must be released before dec. 21, 2012 because that is going to be the end of the world. Laugh

- foghat - 2011-02-15

blacklist Wrote:Possibly. Not something I use, but I think ronie has it integrated to T! so he may know what we need to do to make it work.

+1 for cinema experience.

This skin looks amazing. wow. just wow.

Can't wait to give it a go.

- blacklist - 2011-02-15

tcman47 Wrote:That means according to the Mayan calendar it must be released before dec. 21, 2012 because that is going to be the end of the world. Laugh

Yep, exactly my point.

I have said before that this skin IS the harbinger of the apocolypse. Just ask any Mayan you know.

- Pr.Sinister - 2011-02-15

blacklist Wrote:Preview of a new view I'm working on. Still not 100% on the use of space yet...

Actors: (using -thumb1 and -fanart)

Quick question here... When viewing the actors, will you show a list of movies
the actor is in or only a list of movies the actor is in and that are in your library.

It would be nice to have the current functionality (Movies from my lib) and a
toggle to see others i don't have... Very good when arguing with friends which
actor is in which movie. I usually just pull out the iPad and load up the IMDB
app when i don't have the movie in my library Smile

- ppic - 2011-02-15

hey! don't give him ideas like that, i'm the one coding that behind !!!
lol

- hdmax - 2011-02-15

Great work so far guys. I am so stoaked to get the opportunity to use this on my 58" Samsung. This is by far the most amazing skin to date.
I just hope I don't have to wait to long.
Are you considering have a search option in this skin? In my opinion that is the one thing XBMC needs more than anything. Boxee has it, but I don't like most of Boxee.
Having more than 4200 movies, and 340+ TV series searching for a title is a huge task sometimes.

Thanks again and great work!

blacklist Wrote:I'll just say this... they are quite busy.
Think of it as the anti-Alaska.

I think everything is layed out logically and once people start using it, they will see the benefit of all of the features and information we're cramming in.

I'll also say, its defiantly not going to be for everyone.

Ultimately I'd like to be able to offer some stripped down views and some media rich views, so people have some choices. But first, I'd like to get it closer completion Tongue

BUT it looks AWESOME on the new 58" Samsung I just installed Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

- tcman47 - 2011-02-15

If it ever goes out for beta testing, count me in, I am an fairly advanced user and would enjoy testing it.

TC Nod

- blacklist - 2011-02-15

Pr.Sinister Wrote:Quick question here... When viewing the actors, will you show a list of movies
the actor is in or only a list of movies the actor is in and that are in your library.

It would be nice to have the current functionality (Movies from my lib) and a
toggle to see others i don't have... Very good when arguing with friends which
actor is in which movie. I usually just pull out the iPad and load up the IMDB
app when i don't have the movie in my library Smile

Don't mind PPIC Tongue I think is a great idea. What I would love to see, it to scrape their whole filmography, and then somehow tag movies in your library. That's a fairly complicated bit of work, so for now its just movies in your library featuring the actor.

Maybe one day, though Wink We've got a LOT of stuff that needs to be completed before we get there.

- bridgman - 2011-02-15

[quote=blacklist]Preview of a new view I'm working on. Still not 100% on the use of space yet...

really like this view great work.
You may have mentioned it earlier but what are we looking at in terms of extra art. I keep an extrathumbs and extra fanart folder but don't mind adding another or couple to get the full effect of the views when released. do we need an actor and director as well

- blacklist - 2011-02-16

bridgman Wrote:[quote=blacklist]Preview of a new view I'm working on. Still not 100% on the use of space yet...

really like this view great work.
You may have mentioned it earlier but what are we looking at in terms of extra art. I keep an extrathumbs and extra fanart folder but don't mind adding another or couple to get the full effect of the views when released. do we need an actor and director as well

Alright, here is the scoop. I use emm and grab 5 extra thumbs. I don't think there is anywhere I use anywhere remotely near five... At most 2 and fan art right now. I'm not using any extrafanart (yet) and I think we have one place where tv is using an extra thumb (although ronie might correct me - I don't actually have any scraped so I don't even recall.

The biggest thing that no one will be prepared for it the actors. Here is the directory structure:

X:\Actors\Samuel L. Jackson\Samuel L. Jackson-thumb1.jpg ... -thumbN.jpg

And then the fan art subdirectory of
X:\Actors\Samuel L. Jackson\extrafanart\Samuel L. Jackson-fanart1.jpg ... -fanartN.jpg

Fan art for actors I've been saving about 1600x1000 and thumbs about 800x800 (probably overkill, but I prefer resolution)

When we get to a release date I'll probably release a pack of the actor stuff I've already gathered.

- ronie - 2011-02-16

blacklist Wrote:The biggest thing that no one will be prepared for it the actors. Here is the directory structure:

X:\Actors\Samuel L. Jackson\Samuel L. Jackson-thumb1.jpg ... -thumbN.jpg

And then the fan art subdirectory of
X:\Actors\Samuel L. Jackson\extrafanart\Samuel L. Jackson-fanart1.jpg ... -fanartN.jpg

blacklist Wrote:although ronie might correct me

guess we've been changing it so many times we all lost track...
but looking at the code, it sure is:
X:\Actors\Samuel L. Jackson\thumb1.jpg ... thumb3.jpg
X:\Actors\Samuel L. Jackson\extrafanart\whatever.jpg ... doesn't-matter.jpg