Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- blacklist - 2011-02-23

Wow, I'm not having my best day, am I?

- igotdvds - 2011-02-23

blacklist Wrote:Wow, I'm not having my best day, am I?

lol. You are just going through the same issues we all do when skinning. Running into limitations of the application. Big Grin

- blacklist - 2011-02-23

igotdvds Wrote:lol. You are just going through the same issues we all do when skinning. Running into limitations of the application. Big Grin

You should ask ronie, ppic, and grajen how well I deal with limitations Wink

That data is out there, we just have to find a creative way to get it!

- igotdvds - 2011-02-23

blacklist Wrote:You should ask ronie, ppic, and grajen how well I deal with limitations Wink

That data is out there, we just have to find a creative way to get it!

Maybe I can use some of those same resources in the future. Wink

DATA FOR EVERYONE!!!!! Big Grin

- blacklist - 2011-02-23

ppic Wrote:hum...
you disapoint me Blacklist, please see my sign...

lol

Um... since we're on the topic and I've downloaded it and all... is there a mass update feature of the addon that will go grab all the banners I need? Smile

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it in Alaska Big Grin

- blacklist - 2011-02-23

Working on settings. I like the little badges better than what we had been working with.

- pieh - 2011-02-23

blacklist Wrote:You should ask ronie, ppic, and grajen how well I deal with limitations Wink
I bet You have to check dictionary for that weird word 'limitation' Oo

- blacklist - 2011-02-23

grajen3 Wrote:I bet You have to check dictionary for that weird word 'limitation' Oo

Exactly. And it wasn't in there. Ronie even tried "impossible" once! No

- JustinAiken - 2011-02-23

blacklist Wrote:AND... we are packing SO much good stuff into the music section, maybe we will get a convert Wink

Haha... maybe, but i doubt it. My TV has a cheap set of HTIB speakers, my computer has expensive studio monitors and an acoustically treated space :p

So this post isn't completely off-topic, feel free to PM me if you ever need some sounds created Wink

- ronie - 2011-02-23

blacklist Wrote:Finished, art to ronie.

done!
a little under two hours...damn i'm getting good at it ;-)

- blacklist - 2011-02-23

clock2113 Wrote:My computer has expensive studio monitors and an acoustically treated space :p

Sounds like my basement Smile Just put a gorgeous new Les Paul on a stand down there. If I could just keep the 6 year old off the drums...

- blacklist - 2011-02-23

ronie Wrote:done!
a little under two hours...damn i'm getting good at it ;-)

Wow Big Grin (You haven't forgotten about the comic view, have you?) Wink

Wait... does that mean I'm making it too easy on you? Big Grin

(You're using the default thumb on the banner view, yes? Can we offer it as an option to use banner.jpg instead?)

- ppic - 2011-02-23

blacklist Wrote:Um... since we're on the topic and I've downloaded it and all... is there a mass update feature of the addon that will go grab all the banners I need? Smile

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it in Alaska Big Grin

you just have to read te changelog Wink

- ronie - 2011-02-23

blacklist Wrote:(You're using the default thumb on the banner view, yes? Can we offer it as an option to use banner.jpg instead?)

option..nah, make it default, yes.

still wondering how do we download those banner.jpg images?

ppic, i checked your script, but banners are saved as folder.jpg, correct?

how do others do this, just manually rename or does ember support this?

- blacklist - 2011-02-23

ronie Wrote:option..nah, make it default, yes.

still wondering how do we download those banner.jpg images?

ppic, i checked your script, but banners are saved as folder.jpg, correct?

how do others do this, just manually rename or does ember support this?

I'm using the script now, it saves banner.jpg, poster.jpg, landscape.jpg, and logo.png Smile

In Alaska Revisited, Hitcher gives the option of "Use Landscape.jpg in Landscape View" and "Use banner.jpg in Banner view". I suppose that way you don't have to use the default, he just overrides it with the hacked path name.

I am getting a lot of "Site Unreachable" errors when trying to use the script right now, however.