Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- blacklist - 2011-10-24

ZombieRobot Wrote:WOW just had a play Blacklist/ronie amazing work Wink just fantastic hope it gets picked up again

I actually might have some time. Problem is, I've got to piece together a lot of the original images and come up with a list of things that are needed to make it complete.

I'm afraid its going to be a long list Sad and with Ronie and Pieh on TeamXBMC now (congrats btw, boys) I'm not sure how to make it happen.

I'm still a HUGE believe in the concepts we were working with, and honestly I think the variable and things introduced in Eden might make it a lot easier to do some of the things we were doing...

Bottom line is, I think we need a reset and see what need to be done and what the most expedient way to get it complete is.

- ZombieRobot - 2011-10-24

@blacklist well i always knew it would look amazing but didnt know how user friendly it would be but now i am impressed ronie did an amazing job with the animations nothing i have come across has this much attention to detail as paper street i definitely don't have the level of skill to help but i hope someone does would love to see this one finished.

looks like a lot of dialogs still need to be done what funNo.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-10-24

blacklist Wrote:Its not that hard to figure out once you know all the passwords are CHEESECAKE16!

I had changed all my passwords to cheesecake16, however i got a bit worried people might figure that one out so i've just reset them.

(pssst... i've changed them all to cheesecake17. don't tell anyone) Wink

- Oddsodz - 2011-10-24

All jokes aside. This thread is killing me with the waiting lol "Are we there yet?" Oh silly me, I forgot that it comes out near the end of the world. 2012 right?

- tungmeister - 2011-10-24

Ye I had a play earlier, what's been done so far is very impressive. You should be really pleased with what you guys have done so far, all the complete parts of the skin are really impressive, its just a shame that the scripts don't function with pre-eden builds so the full effect can't be appreciated.

- ronie - 2011-10-24

blacklist Wrote:I actually might have some time. Problem is, I've got to piece together a lot of the original images and come up with a list of things that are needed to make it complete.

I'm afraid its going to be a long list Sad and with Ronie and Pieh on TeamXBMC now (congrats btw, boys) I'm not sure how to make it happen.

shoot me a PM whenever you're ready to pick things up again ;-)

- blacklist - 2011-10-25

tungmeister Wrote:Ye I had a play earlier, what's been done so far is very impressive. You should be really pleased with what you guys have done so far, all the complete parts of the skin are really impressive, its just a shame that the scripts don't function with pre-eden builds so the full effect can't be appreciated.

The thing I miss the most, honestly, since its not my every day is the rss integration and the actor integration. I think its the most forward-thinking stuff, and really separates it from everything else. With Eden coming up, that's probably going to be the most re-work needed.

And yes... lots of dialogs.

- ronie - 2011-10-25

blacklist Wrote:The thing I miss the most, honestly, since its not my every day is the rss integration and the actor integration. I think its the most forward-thinking stuff, and really separates it from everything else. With Eden coming up, that's probably going to be the most re-work needed.

i'm pretty sure i've already made most of our scripts eden compatible ;-)

- blacklist - 2011-10-25

ronie Wrote:i'm pretty sure i've already made most of our scripts eden compatible ;-)

Oh? Hm. Well then. That's good news.

So, I guess I need to start a list...

Big Grin

Updating from the server now... looks like I'm back on it.

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-10-25

Sounds quite promising... Smile

- ZombieRobot - 2011-10-25

sounds great

- blacklist - 2011-10-25

ubuntuf4n Wrote:Sounds quite promising... Smile

Hm... I think I smell smoke. We gotta talk about the scripts Wink

Oddly enough, I get about a minute of use, then everything comes to a crashing halt. Debugging. Debugging.

UPDATE: Seems to be the recentlywatched script causing issues. Can't seem to track it down myself. Maybe have a look when you have a moment, Ronie. On a side note, I forgot how damn good this thing really was. Not because of anything I did, but the animations and tricks that ronie has thrown in are phenomenal. The OSD alone is damn near brilliant. And the card view. Show stopper.

Development note: It would be nice, on RSS feeds that include images, to blow up a high res version of the image (if available).
Music section still needs a lot of work, as do a lot of incidental dialogs. Maybe with some distance I can hit on some more inspiration.

This truly is the Zombie Apocalypse of XBMC skins. Going from Alaska to this is...

- blacklist - 2011-10-25

Reminder:

Blacklist, don't forget about how cool this looks:

- tungmeister - 2011-10-25

blacklist Wrote:Hm... I think I smell smoke. We gotta talk about the scripts Wink
Ye with abit of trial and error the only script that seems to function is the extramusicinfo as the concert guide still works. The script.actors and script.recentlywatched cause xbmc to hang before even reaching the home screen, though ronie may have already updated them without adding them to google code?

edit: oh and a little bug a noticed that you're probably already aware of but the lowercase g seems to be missing from the font.

- blacklist - 2011-10-25

tungmeister Wrote:Ye with abit of trial and error the only script that seems to function is the extramusicinfo as the concert guide still works. The script.actors and script.recentlywatched cause xbmc to hang before even reaching the home screen, though ronie may have already updated them without adding them to google code?

edit: oh and a little bug a noticed that you're probably already aware of but the lowercase g seems to be missing from the font.

Its not actually, its a strange bug in the font rendering in XBMC. I actually opened a trac ticket at one point, I should follow up on that.