Kodi Community Forum
NFO's Generated By Ember Media Manager - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: Ember Media Manager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=195)
+---- Thread: NFO's Generated By Ember Media Manager (/showthread.php?tid=87458)

Pages: 1 2

NFO's Generated By Ember Media Manager - gargoyle67 - 2010-12-13

Can someone please tell me why every time I use Ember media manager to setup my tv data\artwork and then import them into XBMC I get multiple copies of the same tv episode covers ? If I delete the tvshow.nfo XBMC insists on downloading data\artwork defeating any ember custom covers\artwork I made Angry
I use (folder.jpg) for my Show posters and (Poster.jpg) form seasons posters.
Thanks.

- gargoyle67 - 2010-12-13

49 views and nobodies encountered this problem ?

- amet - 2010-12-13

I wonder why, since you asked so nicely and provided all the necessary info for anyone to try and reproduce and help you

- ronie - 2010-12-13

or just help yourself by reading the wiki:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails

naming conventions are clearly explained there.

Quote:TV Shows

TV\showfolder\folder.jpg

TV Show Season Thumbnails

In the following example, the thumbnail will be used for the appropriate season in the Video Library season node. Where xx is 01, 02 etc.

TV\showfolder\seasonxx.tbn

TV Show Specials

TV\showfolder\season-specials.tbn

For the all seasons item

TV\showfolder\season-all.tbn

- elitegamer360 - 2010-12-13

gargoyle67 Wrote:49 views and nobodies encountered this problem ?

I would personally not use any media managers whatsoever, XBMC is capable of doing the scraping perfectly itself. You are just complicating things for yourself and creating unnecessary problems and extra work that you can easily avoid in the first place by just using XBMC only!

Regards,
EG.

- fdlsys - 2010-12-13

Smile Couldn't resist:

Gargoyle, it's probably 1 in a 100 users that use external media mngr. So, at only 49 views, you are at least 50 views short of running into another external MM user. Then, another 100-200 before running into Ember user. Then, ... another 1000-2000 before you run into someone having the same problem... Wink

- m3g4tr0n - 2010-12-13

try using seasonXX.tbn

Amet Wrote:I wonder why, since you asked so nicely and provided all the necessary info for anyone to try and reproduce and help you

I thought I did ask nicely or am I supposed to throw myself on my knees in front of you ? or aren't the words please and thank you not considered nice these days? Rolleyes and fyi does it on all builds and skins.

@ronie, Thanks Ember inserts all the correct naming conventions.

@elitegamer360, Thanks, I think your missing the point of selecting your own artwork though, That's the whole point of media managers and why I don't want XBMC forcing cover art\fan art on me No

@m3g4tr0n, Thanks I'm pretty sure I've tried that one (prob been through them all at some point Blush) I'll give it another go though, Thanks Wink

- >>X<< - 2010-12-13

Your screen shot doesn't show multiple episodes it shows multiple season posters how many seasons of Futurama do you actually have in your library ?

Yeah Sorry my mistakeBlush It is actually seasons that all have the same cover, As many as are pictured inc all seasons plus specials.
Seems m3g4tr0n was correct with the "seasonXX.tbn" convention as all are now importing correctly many thanks m3g4tr0n Laugh
And for all those who posted helpful comments Nod

- >>X<< - 2010-12-13

ok I was just checking you wasn't talking about one season being displayed multiple times Smile

Yeah I use seasonXX.tbn I know ember supports more image types but not sure xbmc supports them ?

BTW you can press print screen on your keyboard to take a screenshot in xbmc

- olympia - 2010-12-13

gargoyle67 Wrote:@elitegamer360, Thanks, I think your missing the point of selecting your own artwork though, That's the whole point of media managers and why I don't want XBMC forcing cover art\fan art on me No

Huhh? You can choose artwork with XBMC according to your wish. It's not forcing anything, just selecting by default the first it finds for your. Then you can change it any time.

@olympia, I'm using Dharma rc2 and before that the SVN nightly builds, I've never seen an option on either to choose what artwork I want(other than manually browsing for thumbs), Where is this option ? Thanks.

>>X<<' Wrote:BTW you can press print screen on your keyboard to take a screenshot in xbmc
Nice tip ! Thanks Buddy Big Grin

- a_user - 2010-12-13

gargoyle67 Wrote:@olympia, I'm using Dharma rc2 and before that the SVN nightly builds, I've never seen an option on either to choose what artwork I want(other than manually browsing for thumbs), Where is this option ? Thanks.

press "info" and look the buttons like "actors, etc.". oen of the last two ones is "fan art" and the other "cover art".

this existed for long long long long time already.
edit: i wonder how you could NOT see them, except you never used the info screen for an item (like a video).