Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

Yabsie Hack - ReptilianTuxedo - 2013-07-24

I have also tried the Yabsie hack to no avail. Is there really no alternative for getting Netflix onto XBMC without having to resort to paying for PlayOn?.

RE: Yabsie Hack - saitoh183 - 2013-07-24

(2013-07-24, 15:26)ReptilianTuxedo Wrote: I have also tried the Yabsie hack to no avail. Is there really no alternative for getting Netflix onto XBMC without having to resort to paying for PlayOn?.

Alternative

Advanced Launcher broken? - ReptilianTuxedo - 2013-07-26

I tried to find the Advanced Launcher add-on, but could not. So, I Google'd it, and according to this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Advanced_Launcher it has been listed as "broken." Do you have any other suggestions?

RE: Advanced Launcher broken? - saitoh183 - 2013-07-26

(2013-07-26, 04:08)ReptilianTuxedo Wrote: I tried to find the Advanced Launcher add-on, but could not. So, I Google'd it, and according to this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Advanced_Launcher it has been listed as "broken." Do you have any other suggestions?

[RELEASE] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC

XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - bradwatson - 2013-07-26

I'm on windows 8 and using advanced launcher to run the Netflix metro app. Kind of a hack but looks more professional than xbmcflicks for obvious reasons. I'm satisfied other than the fact that the remote support in the Netflix metro app is lacking. 100 times better than playon, which I'm sadly using for hbogo.

jfhfj - locoguano - 2013-07-29

Well.. its finally happened for me as well. I was down to the Instant Queue working, which was fine, as I could export the links to my local library using the My.Library utility. Instant queue for TV is working fine (sometimes), but movies bring up a blank list.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - navigates - 2013-07-30

(2013-07-23, 22:47)Rojas0608 Wrote: Hey guys, I'm new to XBMC and I'm working on my first HTPC. I've done a lot of research for the NetFlix addon and from what I understand it doesn't work through the XBMC software anymore.

I recently found the NetFlix Yabsie hack which opens a web browser from XBMC which I tested on my main PC and works great. However, on the HTPC I am building, I get to Queue:All and I just see a blank default screen, the web browser never opens. Does anyone know why the browser fails to launch?

I've tried re-installing, copying the files from my main PC to my HTPC, and nothing seems to work. My HTPC has Microsoft Silverlight installed as well as all of the Windows Updates.

Here is the link to the XBMC NetFlix - Yabsie download:
https://code.google.com/p/netflixbmc/downloads/detail?name=XBMC-yabsiehacks-Flicks-0.3.zip&can=2&q=

If you are on windows 7, get netflix official plugin installed on the PC. Then create a shortcut to start WMC with Netflix on startup. Then use the hotkeyp app to create a keyboard shortcut for the winidows media center netflix shortcut. Finally assign that shortcut to your remote button.

I have mine mapped to the ps3blumote and with the press of the red button, I go to windows desktop for a second and walla netflix pops up with full controls. Works perfect. When done. I have a shortcut of ALT+F4 mapped and that takes me back to XBMC.

Its like using xbmc for everything and netflix official for netflix. I had purchased windows 8 and had tested the metro netflix but the wmc version of netflix works very well. Guess its learning. had to buy windows 8 and windows 7 which wasn't fun. If anyone wants help I can be more descriptive.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - saitoh183 - 2013-07-30

(2013-07-30, 00:22)navigates Wrote:
(2013-07-23, 22:47)Rojas0608 Wrote: Hey guys, I'm new to XBMC and I'm working on my first HTPC. I've done a lot of research for the NetFlix addon and from what I understand it doesn't work through the XBMC software anymore.

I recently found the NetFlix Yabsie hack which opens a web browser from XBMC which I tested on my main PC and works great. However, on the HTPC I am building, I get to Queue:All and I just see a blank default screen, the web browser never opens. Does anyone know why the browser fails to launch?

I've tried re-installing, copying the files from my main PC to my HTPC, and nothing seems to work. My HTPC has Microsoft Silverlight installed as well as all of the Windows Updates.

https://code.google.com/p/netflixbmc/downloads/detail?name=XBMC-yabsiehacks-Flicks-0.3.zip&can=2&q=

If you are on windows 7, get netflix official plugin installed on the PC. Then create a shortcut to start WMC with Netflix on startup. Then use the hotkeyp app to create a keyboard shortcut for the winidows media center netflix shortcut. Finally assign that shortcut to your remote button.

I have mine mapped to the ps3blumote and with the press of the red button, I go to windows desktop for a second and walla netflix pops up with full controls. Works perfect. When done. I have a shortcut of ALT+F4 mapped and that takes me back to XBMC.

Its like using xbmc for everything and netflix official for netflix. I had purchased windows 8 and had tested the metro netflix but the wmc version of netflix works very well. Guess its learning. had to buy windows 8 and windows 7 which wasn't fun. If anyone wants help I can be more descriptive.

Make a guide with Steps and links . I tried looking for the official app and with MS changing there site since Windows 8, cant find it anymore.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - browse by genre - sleeplesschris - 2013-07-30

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. My instant queue works but browsing genres does not. Is this normal or is there a fix? I could post my log url if needed. Thanks.

[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - experimental Addon for XBMC - mooncaptain - 2013-07-30

I have been using XBMC Flix for a few years now and have from time to time had problems getting even my queue to populate properly. It just started failing again a few days ago. No one is actively supporting this plugin currently and Netflix is continually modifying the API and causing XBMC Flix to punk out in various ways. My recommendation is to use the WMC app as mentioned above or try the Netflix viewer here. Link to Netflix TX viewer

These solutions are not add-ons or plug-ins which is not as slick as the XBMC interface but... they work.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - wex101 - 2013-07-30

(2013-07-30, 03:29)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-07-30, 00:22)navigates Wrote:

Make a guide with Steps and links . I tried looking for the official app and with MS changing there site since Windows 8, cant find it anymore.

I'll explain how I do it currently integrated within my xperience skin. Installing WMC and Netflix app is pretty self explanatory and can easily be found with a web search so I won't bother with that. It should just show up in WMC to be installed. Once you have the Netflix app installed in WMC, I created an AHK script that I compiled to launch within XBMC. The AHK script is very clunky. I am no AHK master, but what I found is instead of having XBMC suspend and pop back up when Netflix was closed, that it was easier just to have XBMC terminate all together. This is because I would get weird behavior from XBMC, not always correctly suspending or reinitalizing, etc...

This is the AHK script that first tells XBMC to close and then launches Netflix. The first line launches a bat file that kills the XBMC process. It isn't a pretty way to close XBMC by any means, but I found its the only way that I could consistently get XBMC to successfully terminate.

Code:
Run, "location\of\bat\file\killxbmc.bat"
Run, windowsmediacenterapp:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59}?EntryPointParameters=
WinWait, Windows Media Center
WinActivate, Windows Media Center
WinWaitClose, Windows Media Center
Run, "location\of\xbmc\xbmc.exe"
WinActivate, XBMC
ExitApp

The script can be compiled by right clicking it an hitting compile.

In Xperience1080 with the custom tile feature the script can be easily inserted onto a tile with a custom tile icon, in other skins depending on the customization they call for, you may have to edit the xml. Pretty simple, just insert the following activation onto whatever button you want this to replace.

Code:
System.ExecWait(location\of\compiled\ahk\script\nameofscript.exe)

Alternativeily you could probably just create a launcher within advanced launcher.

And finally, the bat file to kill Xbmc is just this

Code:
taskkill /im xbmc.exe /f

Again nothing pretty, but it isn't very complicated and it has consistently worked well for me without any hiccups what so ever. The only eye sore is the flash of the bat window that pops up when killing XBMC. Does anyone know how to keep that minimzed maybe?

RE: XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - jimbarr - 2013-07-30

(2013-07-26, 14:51)bradwatson Wrote: I'm on windows 8 and using advanced launcher to run the Netflix metro app. Kind of a hack but looks more professional than xbmcflicks for obvious reasons. I'm satisfied other than the fact that the remote support in the Netflix metro app is lacking. 100 times better than playon, which I'm sadly using for hbogo.

Just how did you configure Advanced Launcher? I was able to create a nice "launcher" icon using the "Metrolauncher" app and was able to select that from within Advanced launcher, however it asks for a platform type which I'm not sure of. it launches as I expect it to, but when I return to XBMC, it Advanced Launcher displays an "Opening stream" message that I mus then cancel. Is this normal?

Thanks!

-Jim

iukuygig - locoguano - 2013-08-01

When it comes down to it, I want to be able to integrate all of my services into one library. Amazon and Hulu have export to library features and I used My.Library utility for Netflix. Once I begin to use launchers and WMC apps then I will just switch to WMC all together.

Re: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - saitoh183 - 2013-08-01

To each there own.:-)

[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - adefiore - 2013-08-01

Has anyone seen it take 4-5 minutes from the time you click open the tv or movies queue to it actually populates them? I thought it was not working, but I just let it sit and everything came to, after the 4 minute wait. This just starting happening to me tonight, everything was fine earlier today.

Thanks