Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

- fekker - 2011-01-05

poutine Wrote:Exactly... Never have see that 'OK' screen...

Ok i've added a few more lines of output, grab a new copy of the zip file and retest.

EDIT: While we are at it, enable debug mode for XBMC as well.

This time i need you to enable verbose user output.
Because we are enabling that, which will print user specific data, be sure to replace those keys with 000000's or something else before posting the log.

example, in the log, you'll see user key set to STRINGOFDATA and user secret set to STRINGOFDATA
change them to read 000000's before pasteing the log file
user key set to: 000000000000000000000
user secret set to: 0000000000000000000

- poutine - 2011-01-05

fekker Wrote:Ok i've added a few more lines of output, grab a new copy of the zip file and retest.

EDIT: While we are at it, enable debug mode for XBMC as well.

This time i need you to enable verbose user output.
Because we are enabling that, which will print user specific data, be sure to replace those keys with 000000's or something else before posting the log.

example, in the log, you'll see user key set to STRINGOFDATA and user secret set to STRINGOFDATA
change them to read 000000's before pasteing the log file
user key set to: 000000000000000000000
user secret set to: 0000000000000000000

Verbose user output enabled, new version installed. Here's the log:
Code:
16:05:15 T:2616 M:2349420544  NOTICE: couldn't load user information from userinfo.properties file
16:05:15 T:2616 M:2349420544  NOTICE: .. getAuth called ..
16:05:15 T:2616 M:2349420544  NOTICE: OSX Setting is set to: False
16:05:15 T:2616 M:2349420544  NOTICE: .. user configured ..
16:05:15 T:2616 M:2348642304  NOTICE: Token did not contain any errors
16:05:15 T:2616 M:2348642304  NOTICE: Authorize user access here: https://api-user.netflix.com/oauth/login?application_name=xbmcflix&oauth_consumer_key=xxxxx&oauth_token=xxxx
16:05:15 T:2616 M:2348642304  NOTICE: and then put this key / secret in MY_USER.request:
                                             'key': 'xxxxx',
                                             'secret': 'xxxx'
16:05:15 T:2616 M:2348642304  NOTICE: and run again.
16:05:17 T:2616 M:2342133760  NOTICE: browser open has completed

- fekker - 2011-01-05

very odd as the next line of code is the dialog.

let's do it manually

in the iqueue.py file, open it with notepad and put the values in manually

MY_USER = {
'request': {
'key': 'xxxxxxxxxxxx',
'secret': 'xxxxxxxxxx'
},

key is the key that's output in the file
secret is the secret output in the file

that should cause the script to go to the second auth portion the next time you run it.

- poutine - 2011-01-06

fekker Wrote:let's do it manually

that should cause the script to go to the second auth portion the next time you run it.

Good news! Hard coding the info worked. Accessed my queue, started a movie. (Slightly bad news, 2 for 2 on hanging XBMC and my computer when attempting to quit XBMC via the exit command after stopping the movie and quitting the plugin - but that's probably a separate issue)

Not sure if you can suggest a next step, fekker. This will probably do me until the token expires :p Seriously, though, not sure it's worth the time and effort to troubleshoot unless you think it is worthwhile...

- eQUIV - 2011-01-06

fekker Wrote:Does this link show you the new items for Netflix.ca ?
http://www.netflix.ca/NewWatchInstantlyRSS

Yes sir, it sure does.

- gsmayes - 2011-01-06

I use the logitech S510 remote, there were just enough buttons unused to add fast forward, rewind and fullscreen (in addition to play/pause and esc already mapped to remote). I really wish there was a keyboard command to play the next episode, that's the only thing I have to use a mouse for.

Is there a way to order your instant queue movies/television alphabetically instead of by netflix order?

- fekker - 2011-01-07

eQUIV Wrote:Yes sir, it sure does.

cool, it's in yesterday's git version, grab the zip file and extract and see if those work correctly.

Also, check the option in the addon settings that you are in Canada as that's how it decides what data to source from.

Quote:gsmayes I use the logitech S510 remote, there were just enough buttons unused to add fast forward, rewind and fullscreen (in addition to play/pause and esc already mapped to remote). I really wish there was a keyboard command to play the next episode, that's the only thing I have to use a mouse for.

Is there a way to order your instant queue movies/television alphabetically instead of by netflix order?
Hit me up with your remote settings that your using, i've had an eye on that remote.

expansion of tv episodes can be done in the settings so you can choose the episode, i haven't found the key commands that would let a episode be changed in silverlight.

Once i figure out how to add sort orders and the requirements, i'd like to add those for all areas, year, expiration date, name, position in queue, would be nice to have.

- griffore - 2011-01-07

Does this work in the first gen ATV? How do I set the default browser? Or even how do I open up a browser on the ATV?

Anyone get Netflix video playback working on 1st gen ATV?

- decorder28 - 2011-01-07

I also have similar problems with atv and browser support . The XBMCflicks works like a dream in 10.6 on my macpro ( Thank you for the hard work) , however on my 1st gen atv the browser won't appear to allow me to authorize. The atv has been loaded with Dharma 10.0 and most other addons function fine.Everything is new and up to date . The advancedsettings.xml and the playercorefactory.xml are correct for osx.My work around for the authorization problem on the atv was to take the userinfo.txt from my mac and add it to the plugin.video.xbmcflicks file in addon data located on the atv. I was really quite excited when it started to load my instant queue , but that was short lived , as no movie will load or play.
I would really like to solve the problem for the atv . I suspect the browser should appear for authorization and for the playing of the movie. Any help or further info would very helpful.

- eQUIV - 2011-01-07

Yes, I've enabled the Canada option in the config. I have noticed that the sorting doesn't work properly.. I'm inclined to believe it's more of a netflix problem than your plugin. When I select recently added TV shows there's still movies mixed in, and vice versa.

Also-- search still has really poor results. When typing in the name of movie or tv show (that is clearly listed on the website) exactly it still does not show up in search results. Very strange.

- fekker - 2011-01-07

The initial Auth the links the account uses the code located in iqueue.py to open the browser on the system. Movie playback uses the playercorefactory settings.

I'm not sure if the Apple TV will work or not, basically for it to work there needs to be a browser with silverlight installed on it. If you can browse in the browser to netflix.com and view a movie, then the plugin will work.

For OSX/Apple TV - Initial Auth browser open
Code:
def startBrowser(url):
    cmd="open -n '"+url+"'"
    print cmd
    os.system(cmd)
try running this to see if the browser opens up for the auth portion
open -n http://www.netflix.com

When it's playing back a movie, it loads a local .html file that has a redirect to the movie for the netflix player, in the addons-data you'll find these in the links folder, try opening up one of those to see if it will display a browser.

----
The filters for new tv and new movies in the instant queue is fixed in 1.0.12, i'm not sure if that's in xbmc's repo yet or not, it's new. You can grab the file from github and extract it or wait till its in the repo.

I'm not sure on the search results, i'd need a debug log to see what it's returning, with verbose user info on (so you'll want to clean up your userid and secrets in that before pastebin'ing it)

- decorder28 - 2011-01-07

Thank you Fekker for your help. I Changed the Initial Auth browser open in the iqueue.py file and deleted the userinfo.txt . The Iqueue file looked like this
def startBrowser(url):
cmd="open -n http://www.netflix.com"
print cmd
os.system(cmd)
Everything opened as usual and it led me to instant queue:all .... ect.
No browser window asking to link to my netflicks account appeared as it did on my mac . The only window that appeared on the atv was the one: AFTER YOU HAVE LINKED XBMCFLICKS IN NETFLIX....and.... CLICK OK AFTER YOU HAVE FINISHED THE LINK IN YOUR BROWSER WI...
After reading your post this morning , i tried XBMCFLICKS one more time before making the current changes and found that it not only let me pull up my own instant queue , but also search the site for specific movies . It still won't load them however.
I'm still puzzled. Thanks again.

- fekker - 2011-01-07

decorder28 Wrote:Thank you Fekker for your help. I Changed the Initial Auth browser open in the iqueue.py file and deleted the userinfo.txt . The Iqueue file looked like this
def startBrowser(url):
cmd="open -n http://www.netflix.com"
print cmd
os.system(cmd)
Everything opened as usual and it led me to instant queue:all .... ect.
No browser window asking to link to my netflicks account appeared as it did on my mac . The only window that appeared on the atv was the one: AFTER YOU HAVE LINKED XBMCFLICKS IN NETFLIX....and.... CLICK OK AFTER YOU HAVE FINISHED THE LINK IN YOUR BROWSER WI...
After reading your post this morning , i tried XBMCFLICKS one more time before making the current changes and found that it not only let me pull up my own instant queue , but also search the site for specific movies . It still won't load them however.
I'm still puzzled. Thanks again.
if having issue's with the authorization part

try changing the command to this in the iqueue.py file
cmd="open -n " + url
and see if that works

If you can get the contents of the instant queue and search, then the auth is working correctly.. so the next part is the playback

playback is the playercorefactory.xml and advancedsettings.xml

playercorefactory says what app to use, advanced settings says to recognize the .html files as video
for osx, try adding a space in the playercorefactory <args> "{1}"</args>
the sapce is before the first "

example
Code:
- <playercorefactory>
- <players>
- <player name="IE" type="ExternalPlayer">
  <filename>/usr/bin/open</filename>
  <args> "{1}"</args>
  <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
  <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
  <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
  </player>
  </players>
- <rules action="prepend">
  <rule name="htm" filetypes="htm" player="IE" />
  </rules>
  </playercorefactory>

- decorder28 - 2011-01-08

Thanks fekker, I tried changing the command line in the py file again, but still no authorization. I transfered my user info file from my mac to check the playerfactorycore change you suggested. The movies are in my instant queue and now when i try to play a notice window appears and tells me one or more files will not play and to check the log .

Adding Netflix SGID Tags - DLJones - 2011-01-08

fekker

I've been looking for a way to add the sgid tags so we have more menu options with this plug-in. The search in the plug-in don't always give me back what I'm looking for, some reason I get mostly TV Shows results when looking for a movie, is there a file that this info can be added to?

Example -
SGID 617
Genre Action Sci-Fi & Fantasy
This is all the Movies

SGID 2448
Genre TV Sci-Fi & Fantasy
This is all the TV Shows

thanks dj