Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

- Randall Lind - 2011-01-22

I see my queue and it download the list. However I get script fail plugin.video.xbmcflicks queue TV shows only

- Sven72 - 2011-01-22

fekker Wrote:Working on a fix for that, odd error as it's a string value that's even cast, i'll get it sorted out and an updated in next few minutes.

Thank you for responding so quickly. Good to know it's not just something stupid I am doing wrong.

- fekker - 2011-01-22

ok i found and fixed the issue, and submitted the pull request, i also change it so that this error won't occur in future rev's even if i have something messed up in a specific item (which was the case with episodes)

if you want to fix it manually, just change the line in iqueue.py that reads

curXe.Directors = curX
to
curXe.Directors = curX.Directors

or wait for the 1.0.15 update to be automatically updated in xbmc

- fekker - 2011-01-22

Note to Mod's

I'm wondering why is this now in the Mac forums?

Although it's for Windows and OSX, i'm all for having a thread in both, specific to them, that would actually work quite well

- Sven72 - 2011-01-23

That did the trick. Thank you!

Recently Watched - ottodawg - 2011-01-23

fekker Wrote:I'll see if i can find the call for it and add it in.

Any word on the "Recently Watched" menu item? Might be users/userID/rental_history/watched

Just a guess.

Thanks

- fekker - 2011-01-23

ottodawg Wrote:Any word on the "Recently Watched" menu item? Might be users/userID/rental_history/watched

Just a guess.

Thanks
It's under the Rental History section of the main menu, however the Netflix API isnt' returning any information at the moment on it.

- ottodawg - 2011-01-23

fekker Wrote:It's under the Rental History section of the main menu, however the Netflix API isnt' returning any information at the moment on it.

Oh there it is, cool. Seems to return 500 items any way to limit it to like the last 10 or 20.

Sorry not trying to be a pain in the arse.

- fekker - 2011-01-23

ottodawg Wrote:Oh there it is, cool. Seems to return 500 items any way to limit it to like the last 10 or 20.

Sorry not trying to be a pain in the arse.

no worries, you can change the limit that's passed to it

change the 500 in iqueue.py to whatever value you want to see, this will affect disc's history as well. I can add gui options later for it

Code:
def getUserRentalHistory(netflix, user, strHistoryType, displayWhat=None):
    print "*** What's the rental history? ***"
    feeds = ""
    if(not strHistoryType):
        feeds = netflix.user.getRentalHistory(None,None,500)
    else:
        feeds = netflix.user.getRentalHistory(strHistoryType,None,500)

- ottodawg - 2011-01-23

fekker Wrote:no worries, you can change the limit that's passed to it

change the 500 in iqueue.py to whatever value you want to see, this will affect disc's history as well. I can add gui options later for it

Code:
def getUserRentalHistory(netflix, user, strHistoryType, displayWhat=None):
    print "*** What's the rental history? ***"
    feeds = ""
    if(not strHistoryType):
        feeds = netflix.user.getRentalHistory(None,None,500)
    else:
        feeds = netflix.user.getRentalHistory(strHistoryType,None,500)

Perfect, Thank You!!

- ThePastor - 2011-01-23

Amazing... I had thought Netflix in XBMC was going to be the achillies heal...
Great work...

Now the question.
I have three screens...
Two computer screens and a TV
But netflix always starts up on screen one. (and XBMC is on screen 3, the TV)

How do I make it show up on screen three?
I'm using Win7 64bit and just did a fresh install of XBMC (just for this plugin!) Dharma 10.0

Also, is there any way to change the key mappings?
Once the program launches, all of my XBMC keymappins go out the window.

Script Failed : plugin.video.xbmcflicks - mike909 - 2011-01-23

Ok, first off, fekker: awesome plug-in. Having Netflix is such a huge boost to xbmc. It's so important, I switched both my linux xbmc boxes to windows for this. This plugin is terribly under-rated. Probably b/c Netflix insists on silverlight, so exposure is limited to windows...but I digress...
Suggestions:
Get a dedicate page for this plugin (google site, sourceforge etc.) It's hard to keep track of updates and current issues by reading through these posts. That leads me to my issue; after the last update, to 1.0.14 I can no longer access my que (be it TV or Movies, or both). This happens on two seperate xbmc boxes, running winXP.
The following message appears:
Quote:"Error Script Failed : plugin.video.xbmcflicks"

I have enabled debugging and attached is the xbmc.log, still looking for where the debugging log is kept, if seperate from xbmc.log. ( I'm sure it's in a post on this thread somewhere).
Some interesting stuff starting at line 122 (traceback error)
http://pastebin.com/qCsbPiza

- Chimera2345 - 2011-01-23

Why was this thread moved to Mac Specific Support?? I had to google to find it, but it certainly doesn't belong here....

- ktjensen - 2011-01-23

In order to activate this on the Apple TV

1) You have to turn ON the OSX selection in the settings menu for XBMC Flicks.

2) You need to find the location of your LOG file for XBMC. Its under the \library directory. it will have a message of a URL link that has to be clicked on to activate XBMC Flicks with your NETFLIX account.

3) This only will get you access to your que lists within NETFLIX, but does not get a movie to play. The APPLE TV has no browser with silverlight on it to allow a NETFLIX movie to play. So this is a no go for apple TV. Unless I need to correct a setting to allow a specific player of OSX on the Apple TV. Have not found that setting yet.

WILL NOT WORK ON APPLE TV -- YET

Mr. fekker any answers?

- fekker - 2011-01-23

mike909 Wrote:Ok, first off, fekker: awesome plug-in. Having Netflix is such a huge boost to xbmc. It's so important, I switched both my linux xbmc boxes to windows for this. This plugin is terribly under-rated. Probably b/c Netflix insists on silverlight, so exposure is limited to windows...but I digress...
Suggestions:
Get a dedicate page for this plugin (google site, sourceforge etc.) It's hard to keep track of updates and current issues by reading through these posts. That leads me to my issue; after the last update, to 1.0.14 I can no longer access my que (be it TV or Movies, or both). This happens on two seperate xbmc boxes, running winXP.
The following message appears:

I have enabled debugging and attached is the xbmc.log, still looking for where the debugging log is kept, if seperate from xbmc.log. ( I'm sure it's in a post on this thread somewhere).
Some interesting stuff starting at line 122 (traceback error)
http://pastebin.com/qCsbPiza

fixed in 1.0.15

to manually fix
find the line in iqueue.py
curXe.Directors = curX
change it to
curXe.Directors = curX.Directors

Quote:ktjensen In order to activate this on the Apple TV

1) You have to turn ON the OSX selection in the settings menu for XBMC Flicks.

2) You need to find the location of your LOG file for XBMC. Its under the \library directory. it will have a message of a URL link that has to be clicked on to activate XBMC Flicks with your NETFLIX account.

3) This only will get you access to your que lists within NETFLIX, but does not get a movie to play. The APPLE TV has no browser with silverlight on it to allow a NETFLIX movie to play. So this is a no go for apple TV. Unless I need to correct a setting to allow a specific player of OSX on the Apple TV. Have not found that setting yet.

WILL NOT WORK ON APPLE TV -- YET

Mr. fekker any answers?
no idea, don't have one to test on, but if you can install a browser and silverlight it should work.