Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

- pcvii - 2010-12-14

Awesome stuff.

I noticed the Movie posters sometimes won't load or some load and the others don't. But it's pretty good so far.

- methcat - 2010-12-14

subscribed!

- dtviewer - 2010-12-14

fekker Wrote:If using portable mode, they are in the install folder, my install folder is XBMCdrc2, so those files go into
- C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMCdrc2\portable_data\userdata

If not using portable mode
The "advancedsettings.xml" file, which does not exist by default, may be created by a user in their "\UserData\" folder.
Please consult your plaform specific FAQ for the appropriate location.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Advancedsettings.xml

For windows, from the link above

A quick question about adding this to the advancedsettings.xml.

I already have this:

<advancedsettings>
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
</advancedsettings>

Would I make another advancedsettings.xml and place it in the user data folder along with the one I have above or do I add the code you listed between the 2 <advancedsettings> tags along with my <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart> ?

In other words, would I have 2 advancedsettings xml's or just one after adding the netflix?
Thanks in advance

- fekker - 2010-12-14

dtviewer Wrote:A quick question about adding this to the advancedsettings.xml.

I already have this:

<advancedsettings>
</advancedsettings>

Would I make another advancedsettings.xml and place it in the user data folder along with the one I have above or do I add the code you listed between the 2 <advancedsettings> tags along with my <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart> ?

In other words, would I have 2 advancedsettings xml's or just one after adding the netflix?
Thanks in advance

1 file with both settings

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videoextensions>
    <add>.html</add>
  </videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

- dtviewer - 2010-12-15

fekker Wrote:1 file with both settings

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videoextensions>
    <add>.html</add>
  </videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

Thanks for the quick help.

- mwahal - 2010-12-15

Hi,

What should be the playercorefactory.xml for the Mac OSX should be ? I have set this as and safari simply launches to my home page.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="IE" type="ExternalPlayer">
     <filename>/Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari</filename>
     <args>-k "{1}"</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
    </player>
  </players>

<rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="html" filetypes="html" player="IE" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks
Mudit

- fekker - 2010-12-15

mwahal Wrote:Hi,

What should be the playercorefactory.xml for the Mac OSX should be ? I have set this as and safari simply launches to my home page.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
     <filename>/Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari</filename>
     <args>-k "{1}"</args>
    </player>
  </players>

<rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="html" filetypes="html" player="IE" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks
Mudit
That's a good question, i've pinged one of the folks that got it working under OSX for the details of what he used. Maybe try removing the -k from the args (guessing)

- mwahal - 2010-12-15

I tried removing -k, but Safari app doesn't take any argument unlike IE or Firefox. I guess I have to use "open". Will give it a shot.

- mwahal - 2010-12-15

Not even /usr/bin/open is working. May be someone who got it working on Mac OSX, please share your playercore settings.

Thanks
Mudit

Edit: Never mind, I got it working with /usr/bin/open (i forgot to close the </filename>). But the next issue is that I am playing it from firefox since that my default html handler. I can see that a new tab is opened in firefox and the movie plays. But the XBMC screen remains in full screen mode. Shouldn't it switch to firefox window and make it full screen ?

Anyway to change it to htmlx instead of html ?
Then I can try safari as default htmlx handler and run /usr/bin/open. That way I can test if the behavior is same as firefox or different.

- fekker - 2010-12-15

cool i see you have it working
please post the full .xml file if you would and i'll pop it into the first page

the file extension could be changed in the scripts, let me see where all it's linked
looks like there's 6 links to it, it could be made a user setting later
if you would like to change it as a test on your system you can modify the lines in the iqueue.py
search for
Code:
+ '.html'
and replace it

- mwahal - 2010-12-15

I changed the iqueue.py file and replaced all + '.html' to + '.htm'. Also changed the default handler of .htm to safari. Now safari launches the movie in the background while xbmc window remains full screen in the foreground. So, the behavior between firefox and safari remains same. Anyway to switch so that safari comes in full screen in the foreground ?

Thanks
Mudit

- mwahal - 2010-12-15

Here is my playercorefactory.xml file

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
     <filename>/usr/bin/open</filename>
     <args>"{1}"</args>
    </player>
  </players>

<rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="htm" filetypes="htm" player="IE" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

fekker, this is awesome plugin, will stop me from switch to Plex or my LG dvd player if I can use neflix on my htpc and use remote. Please suggest what can be done regarding the foreground issue.

Willing to debug it for you.

Thanks
Mudit

- mwahal - 2010-12-15

Sorry for the spam .. apologize in advance.
I set the hidexbmc to true. That open safari window but its not in the foreground. I have a terminal window opened and safari starts behind the terminal window. I dont have a mouse at that time, till I switch to safari window via expose.

- fekker - 2010-12-15

mwahal Wrote:Sorry for the spam .. apologize in advance.
I set the hidexbmc to true. That open safari window but its not in the foreground. I have a terminal window opened and safari starts behind the terminal window. I dont have a mouse at that time, till I switch to safari window via expose.

try with -n in the args
<args>-n "{1}"</args>

i think that's what was meant in this post
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=659363&postcount=33

- mwahal - 2010-12-15

No, -n doesnt help either. How about forceontop which was in pre 9.11 ? Will it work in the latest beta ? I'll try that.