Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

- sublemon - 2011-04-30

fekker Wrote:Very weird as I mostly use win7 x64 and haven't seen that issue. What build of xbmc are you using? I'll look into the w+ versus r+ modes as well.

Update: looking at the doc's I should be using w+ and not r+, i'll update the addon with those changes.

I am using a nightly build "Built on Apr 22 2011 (Git:20110422-259b8bf, compiler 1600)" which is probably causing the majority of my problems. Smile

Windows 7 x64, XBMCFlicks, Chrome, and Harmony Remote (no eventghost) - lordindy - 2011-04-30

fekker Wrote:if your using windows, try the wrapper as it's forced to full screen (first page) always on top and should have focus

eQUIV Wrote:Anyone?
My setup: Windows 7 x64, Chrome, XBMC+xbmcflicks, Harmony One remote
Guys, I managed to get my XBMCFlicks working very nicely with no ALT-F4 scripting or eventghost. Only problem is there is no way to get Netflix fullscreen option "F" working due to a video webpart focus issue.
1. Harmony...add a device called Microsoft MCE SE Keyboard (special edition keyboard...it adds the CTRL-F4, ALT-F4, etc combos). Include this device in your activity. Customize a softbutton to send the ALT-F4 command (I called mine "Close Netflix")
2. Edit your playercorefactory.xml to point to Chrome.exe (wherever it is). Change the args section so that -k becomes -kiosk
3. Launch your XBMCflicks, and pick a video. A fullscreen Chrome will launch and play the video. Space/Enter will pause the video. Press your softkey on the Harmony to "exit" by sending the ALT-F4 you configured in step 1.

As I said, this will launch Chome in kiosk/fullscreen mode...but due to the focus of the mouse, you can't press "F" to make the Netflix video go fullscreen. I have a DiNovo Mini keyboard that I use to click the "fullscreen" button.

My only outstanding issues are this focus problem, and the fact that XBMCflicks shows movies under genre that are not available in Canada, so I see lots of stuff, but can't play most of it. I've set my "Are you In Canada" option to Y, still makes no difference. It seems that it's getting a full RSS feed, not a Canadian one.

Cheers!

EDIT - Just saw this..uses AutoHotkey: http://www.geektonic.com/2009/02/control-netflix-streaming-with-your.html nicely for the Harmony and Netflix Silverlight.

- stopokingme - 2011-04-30

If your XBMC FLICKS isnt working and you find you have no %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\userinfor.txt file, this might work for you. Its the same thing mentioned earlier but laid out completely step by step. In my case I was a moron and kept not seeing the Add-On settings option on XBMC FLICKS - so was unable to enable proper debugging.
Code:
1. Get nexflix working on your machine natively - this will ensure that you already have siverlight and anything else netflix might want to get working.

2. Turn on Plugin Debugging
   Go to Videos / Add-Ons
   Right Click XBMC Flicks
   Select Add-On Settings
   Under Debugging, turn on Both options
   Back out to the Add-Ons menu

3. Start XBMC Flicks

At this point your bowser should kick off asking you the account to authorise for netflix usage - do so.  If that doenst kick off, you can pull the url from the xbmc.log file in a line that looks like "Authorize user access here: https://api-user.netflix.com/..."

4. Get your 'key' and 'secret' values from the XBMC.LOG file
   Open the debug log - %appdata%\XBMC\xbmc.log
   Find the lines near the bottom mentioning the 'key' and 'secret' - you will need those values

5. Put your 'key' and 'secret' values into the iqueue.py file
   Open %appdata%\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\resources\lib\iqueue.py
      Note, windows notepad is not a good util for this, best getting something like Programmers File Editor (freeware)
   Find the section of the file called MY_USER = {
   Put in the key and secret (from the xbmc.log) between the ' ' for those values both by 'request' and 'access'

Notes:
A. IF you dont know what your %appdata% dir is, from a command prompt, simply type 'set appdata'
B. If your time is off, it won't work, so make sure your computers time is in sync with an NTP server
C. Try with a local administrator account if possible

Useful Commands: (once you have it working)
Pause / Plat       - space OR enter
Full Screen        - F
Exit Full Screen   - ESC
Frame Mode         - ctrl+spacebar (allows ffwd and rwd using arrow keys)
Rewind             - shift + left arrow
Fast Forward       - shift + right arrow
Menu               - ctrl+alt+shift+m
Force Web Shutdown - alt+f4

- eQUIV - 2011-04-30

fekker Wrote:if your using windows, try the wrapper as it's forced to full screen (first page) always on top and should have focus

Tried the wrapper, doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm using IE9 and it doesnt show an X in the corner either -- is the wrapper not IE9 compatible?

- eQUIV - 2011-04-30

lordindy Wrote:EDIT - Just saw this..uses AutoHotkey: http://www.geektonic.com/2009/02/control-netflix-streaming-with-your.html nicely for the Harmony and Netflix Silverlight.

Did that AHK script work for you? Didn't for me, if it did I'm curious as to what version of IE you're using and what version of Silverlight?

- Galacticus - 2011-04-30

I see that Silverlight 5 beta isn't allowing Netflix acceleration still....

- fekker - 2011-04-30

eQUIV Wrote:Tried the wrapper, doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm using IE9 and it doesnt show an X in the corner either -- is the wrapper not IE9 compatible?
If you don't see the red x, it's not using the wrapper
The wrapper works with ie9 as well as older versions of ie

Quote: I see that Silverlight 5 beta isn't allowing Netflix acceleration still....
I'm getting acceleration with Silverlight 5, have you updated your video drivers?

- eQUIV - 2011-05-01

fekker Wrote:If you don't see the red x, it's not using the wrapper
The wrapper works with ie9 as well as older versions of ie

I'm getting acceleration with Silverlight 5, have you updated your video drivers?

Any idea why/how it's not using the wrapper? I'm using the exact playercorefactory settings you show on the first post (except obviously pointed to the location on my local drive).

- fekker - 2011-05-01

eQUIV Wrote:Any idea why/how it's not using the wrapper? I'm using the exact playercorefactory settings you show on the first post (except obviously pointed to the location on my local drive).

check the location of the file in the xbmc log, if your running xmbc in single user mode (think that's what it's called) the file is in the install directory, if not it's in your userdata folder (%appdata% -> xbmc)

- fekker - 2011-05-01

stopokingme Wrote:If your XBMC FLICKS isnt working and you find you have no %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\userinfor.txt file, this might work for you. Its the same thing mentioned earlier but laid out completely step by step. In my case I was a moron and kept not seeing the Add-On settings option on XBMC FLICKS - so was unable to enable proper debugging.
Code:
1. Get nexflix working on your machine natively - this will ensure that you already have siverlight and anything else netflix might want to get working.

2. Turn on Plugin Debugging
   Go to Videos / Add-Ons
   Right Click XBMC Flicks
   Select Add-On Settings
   Under Debugging, turn on Both options
   Back out to the Add-Ons menu

3. Start XBMC Flicks

At this point your bowser should kick off asking you the account to authorise for netflix usage - do so.  If that doenst kick off, you can pull the url from the xbmc.log file in a line that looks like "Authorize user access here: https://api-user.netflix.com/..."

4. Get your 'key' and 'secret' values from the XBMC.LOG file
   Open the debug log - %appdata%\XBMC\xbmc.log
   Find the lines near the bottom mentioning the 'key' and 'secret' - you will need those values

5. Put your 'key' and 'secret' values into the iqueue.py file
   Open %appdata%\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\resources\lib\iqueue.py
      Note, windows notepad is not a good util for this, best getting something like Programmers File Editor (freeware)
   Find the section of the file called MY_USER = {
   Put in the key and secret (from the xbmc.log) between the ' ' for those values both by 'request' and 'access'

Notes:
A. IF you dont know what your %appdata% dir is, from a command prompt, simply type 'set appdata'
B. If your time is off, it won't work, so make sure your computers time is in sync with an NTP server
C. Try with a local administrator account if possible

Useful Commands: (once you have it working)
Pause / Plat       - space OR enter
Full Screen        - F
Exit Full Screen   - ESC
Frame Mode         - ctrl+spacebar (allows ffwd and rwd using arrow keys)
Rewind             - shift + left arrow
Fast Forward       - shift + right arrow
Menu               - ctrl+alt+shift+m
Force Web Shutdown - alt+f4

cool, i'll add it to the main post, thanks!

- benkrishman - 2011-05-01

First I just wanted to say thanks for developing this plugin, it's really awesome.

I had been using it on my media center running XP for a little while with no issues, however I reformatted yesterday and upgraded to windows 7 and I've been unable to get the plugin to work so far. The plugin seemed to install fine from the repo, and it opens and you can begin to navigate fine. However whenever I get to a point where it would normally prompt me to link my account(such as entering the instant queue) I get the message "Error Script Failed! : plugin.video.xbmcflicks"

I was going to go ahead and post the log here to try to get some help, but as I pulled the log up I figured the problem out. There was an issue in the log with the timestamp it got, which caused the error. It turned out that I had never properly synchronized the computer time with a time server, and that was causing the issue. I synced the time and now it's working perfectly!

Wrapper No Longer Opening - HKDude - 2011-05-02

Hey Fekker,

Awesome app. Thanks.

I had this thing working flawlessly until yesterday when the wife told me it stopped working. The wrapper no longer opens when I select any item in my queue.

I've attached a portion of my log which was set to debug. I can confirm the call to the html file in the links folder works when I browse to it manually. Once the html file is selected, it will open in a browser window, authenticate, and play content.

I'll be happy to upload the entire log to pastebin if you need to see more information

Thanks!

Code:
1:24:03 T:1432 M:3450613760 WARNING: ExternalPlayer: invalid value for warpcursor: none
21:24:03 T:1432 M:3450613760  NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (false), hidexbmc (false), islauncher (false), warpcursor (none)
21:24:03 T:1432 M:3450613760  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70138594.html
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450609664  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Player : C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\iewrap.exe
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450609664  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: File   : C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70138594.html
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450609664  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Content:
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450609664  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Args   :  "{1}"
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450609664  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Start
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450609664  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Releasing audio device 2
21:24:03 T:1432 M:3450609664   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/backgrounds/media-overlay.png
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450732544  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\iewrap.exe "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\iewrap.exe"  "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70138594.html"
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450716160  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32 - Failure: 2
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450716160  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Stop
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450716160  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Showing XBMC window
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450707968  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Reclaiming audio device 2
21:24:08 T:1432 M:3454382080  NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime

- eQUIV - 2011-05-02

fekker Wrote:check the location of the file in the xbmc log, if your running XBMC in single user mode (think that's what it's called) the file is in the install directory, if not it's in your userdata folder (%appdata% -> xbmc)

I finally got the wrapper to work, but have the same problem as IE. Even though the window loads ontop and the video starts playing. I still have to click on the window before it will accept any key presses via keyboard or remote to make the video fullscreen.

I'm just trying to get everything working via remote so no mouse is needed. My gf is not very tech friendly. And I also wish I didn't have to grab the mouse everytime i want to make the video fullscreen.

It appears this problem is more Windows related. I'm not sure why I must first click the window for it to accept keyboard/remote commands.

- fekker - 2011-05-02

HKDude Wrote:Hey Fekker,

Awesome app. Thanks.

I had this thing working flawlessly until yesterday when the wife told me it stopped working. The wrapper no longer opens when I select any item in my queue.

I've attached a portion of my log which was set to debug. I can confirm the call to the html file in the links folder works when I browse to it manually. Once the html file is selected, it will open in a browser window, authenticate, and play content.

I'll be happy to upload the entire log to pastebin if you need to see more information

Thanks!

Code:
1:24:03 T:1432 M:3450613760 WARNING: ExternalPlayer: invalid value for warpcursor: none
21:24:03 T:1432 M:3450613760  NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (false), hidexbmc (false), islauncher (false), warpcursor (none)
21:24:03 T:1432 M:3450613760  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70138594.html
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450609664  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Player : C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\iewrap.exe
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450609664  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: File   : C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70138594.html
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450609664  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Content:
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450609664  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Args   :  "{1}"
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450609664  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Start
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450609664  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Releasing audio device 2
21:24:03 T:1432 M:3450609664   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://skin/backgrounds/media-overlay.png
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450732544  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\iewrap.exe "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\iewrap.exe"  "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\links\70138594.html"
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450716160  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32 - Failure: 2
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450716160  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Stop
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450716160  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Showing XBMC window
21:24:03 T:2168 M:3450707968  NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::Process: Reclaiming audio device 2
21:24:08 T:1432 M:3454382080  NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
make sure the iewrap.exe is still there, it might get removed when the addon is updated if it's in the addon's folder. "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\iewrap.exe"

for the focus issue, i'll see if there's anything i can do with the wrapper to maintain focus

- HKDude - 2011-05-03

fekker Wrote:make sure the iewrap.exe is still there, it might get removed when the addon is updated if it's in the addon's folder. "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\iewrap.exe"

for the focus issue, i'll see if there's anything i can do with the wrapper to maintain focus

Thanks fekker! That was the issue.

Peace has been restored as the wife and daughters can watch Netflicks again.