Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

- tamerofhope - 2011-12-15

Ok. I have Mac OS X 10.7.2 (Lion) and just downloaded the newest version of XBMC which was released a few days ago.

I cannot get the XBMC Flicks add-on to work to save my life. Each time I click on anything inside of the add-on, like top movies, new arrivals, etc...an error pops up that shows the name of the add-on file. That's all that happens.

I have read through most of this thread and cannot figure out what to do. Thanks in advance for help!!

- shateredsoul - 2011-12-16

i've updated my xbmc a few times and still can't see xbmc flick, is it because I'm using the nightly builds? If that's the issue, is there a way to get around that? or to build my own .zip file to install it?

- ginger23 - 2011-12-18

I've installed xbmc flicks from zip (it wasnt showing up in the add on list), but when i open it all that happens is a menu with options like "My Instant Queue - ALL"

It doesnt ask me for my details or launch a browser or anything. Is anyone else having any luck using this on the latest nightly on windows?

- risner - 2011-12-27

I'm still unable to use NetFlix with this plugin on Mac. It's been broken for a year now (Sept 2010 or so.) It plays in the background using Safari or Firefox.

I've changed iqueue.py several times from other people's suggestions.

I'm currently running 11 beta and it updated all the addons, but still isn't working.
It is still playing in the background and I require a mouse to interact with the browser window.

- pblack00 - 2011-12-30

Just starting to learn XBMC and Neflix plugin, it seems to be working for me with just a small problem. It seems that the screen is squeeze and the picture is in the top 2/3 of the screen. The video is playing well, it's just the bottom 1/3 is black.

I do want to note that I'm using this on a SD tv 800x600 resolution. Don't know if this makes a difference. Thanks in advance!

pblack00

- Jason G - 2011-12-30

ginger23 Wrote:I've installed xbmc flicks from zip (it wasnt showing up in the add on list), but when i open it all that happens is a menu with options like "My Instant Queue - ALL"

It doesnt ask me for my details or launch a browser or anything. Is anyone else having any luck using this on the latest nightly on windows?

If you follow that "My Instant Queue - ALL" link, you should get a browser that pops up asking for your netflix login/password, and to activate the xbmcflicks device with netflix.

I installed (manually from zipfile) on a fresh Eden Beta 1 install on Win7 x64 (Silverlight 5.0.61118.0) last night, and it seems to be working just fine for me!

I wonder what needs to be done for the "Compatibility" flag to be set, so it shows up in the add-on menus? Just more testing? or are there changes that SHOULD be made for Eden changes? I just came over from the Boxee fiasco, and would be willing to help out where I can.

- paularms - 2012-01-01

If anyone is just getting "Script failed" errors like I am, on a Mac Mini with the Eden Beta, it turns out that when this plugin attempts to create user files and cache files, they were opening and writing to them incorrectly. To fix the plugin to work, just open up ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/spudsdude-XBMC-Flicks-057fd29/resources/lib/iqueue.py and change the following:

line 102
Code:
f = open(os.path.join(str(USERINFO_FOLDER), 'userinfo.txt'),'w+')

line 267
Code:
f = open(fileLoc,'w+')

line 283
Code:
f = open(fileLoc,'w+')

line 1309
Code:
f = open(userInfoFileLoc,'w+')

Now delete the iqueue.pyc right next to the file you just edited and restart XBMC. Everything should work now.

- fekker - 2012-01-05

I'm going to test with beta 1 of Eden today and push any fixes that are required.
This will include the Eden flag that will make it show up, once I find out what that flag is Big Grin

I've tested with the nightly builds (last one being around Dec 10) without any problems so I don't suspect there will be an issue.

Netflix API isn't changing or going away, the calls are the same once you get down low enough and I use alot of the other areas in addition to strict api calls in the addon. In other words, don't sweat it, it's more hype and if/then/case changes that are platform specific that don't deal with the api itself.

Paularms, are these required for Eden or just for the Mac Mini? Update: Nevermind, those changes are already in the trunk on github and will be in 1.0.21

Eden Beta 1 Test Results:
Version 1.0.20
Install Method: Downloaded and extacted to plugin folder manually
Initial Auth: Passed

By Menu Item:
Instant Movies and Shows:
Instant Queue: All - Passed
Instant Queue: Movies - Passed
Instant Queue: TV - Passed
Recommended: Passed
Top 25 New Arrivals: - Passed
Top 25 New Arrivals: Movies - Passed - To be disabled, tv shows and movies are listed together.
Top 25 New Arrivals: TV - Final Update - To be disabled, this is redundant at this point as TV Shows are not longer flagged as such in the RSS feed.
All New Arrivals - Passed
All New Arrivals: Movies - Passed - To be disabled, tv shows and movies are listed together.
All New Arrivals:TV - Final Update - To be disabled, this is redundant at this point as TV Shows are not longer flagged as such in the RSS feed.

Browse by Genre: Passed (only limited testing done)

Search: Results seem skewed, but all calls are correct and returning data without errors or issues
Experimental Search: Results seem skewed, but all calls are correct and returning data without errors or issues

Disc by Mail:
Disc Queue: All - Passed
Disc Queue: Movies - Passed
Disc Queue: TV - Passed
Top 25's By Genre - Passed
Search... - Passed
At Home: Passed

Rental History:
Shipped - Passed
Returned - Passed
Watched - Passed

Playback
Browser Window Opening: Passed
Playback Links - Passed

Known Issues
Issue: If using Chrome with your data store on another drive, Netflix playback fails.
Fix: You'll need to use the local data store for it to work, so remove the --user-data-dir="e:\MyDocs\chrome" (or wherever you had it pointed to) part from the arguments in playercorefactory.xml
example:
Code:
<filename>C:\Users\devguy\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe</filename>
     <args> "{1}"</args>

- fekker - 2012-01-06

Version 1.0.21 submitted for Eden Beta 1 (and all previous supported versions)

- Mavrick007 - 2012-01-07

I'm a new XBMC user (moving over from Boxee) and I don't see XBMCFlicks in the list. I'm Running XBMC Eden Beta on Windows 7 x64.

Any help on how to get it installed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mav

- fekker - 2012-01-07

Mavrick007 Wrote:I'm a new XBMC user (moving over from Boxee) and I don't see XBMCFlicks in the list. I'm Running XBMC Eden Beta on Windows 7 x64.

Any help on how to get it installed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mav

i'm still sorting out some changes that are needed for eden (one left to commit)
if you don't want to wait, you can download it from github and put it into the addons directory (portable data) .. i.e. %appdata% --> xbmc -- > addons
https://github.com/spudsdude/XBMC-Flicks/zipball/master

- cameraguy - 2012-01-07

How do you get this on he atv1? It's not on my xbmc either.
Thanks.

- reksveks - 2012-01-09

Now with the introduction of Netflix into the UK, will this plugin work with in the UK or will there need to be some patching of the plugin?

- Avigrace - 2012-01-09

reksveks Wrote:Now with the introduction of Netflix into the UK, will this plugin work with in the UK or will there need to be some patching of the plugin?

Yeah, I am tempted to get the months free trial but don't want to if there is a chance this plugin will not work.

- Dangelus - 2012-01-09

Avigrace Wrote:Yeah, I am tempted to get the months free trial but don't want to if there is a chance this plugin will not work.

Tried it. It will sign in with a UK account, display some content that's available but it will not play anything.