Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - XeroKool - 2012-04-29

(2012-04-29, 17:43)bengalih Wrote:
(2012-04-29, 07:01)war2die4 Wrote: Ah that makes me feel much better knowing its not just meSmile

Just to test it I set it to 300 and got no results for movies or tv but it did for all and it gave me 70 items more then I actually have in my queue (weird).

Well thanks for the input and hopefully they get that fixed soon.Wink

That is strange...I honestly don't use my instant queue that much...I have maybe 30 items in it... I usually only add some movies that I see while browsing. I tend to just pull it up out of the watched queue.

So, for me, everything is working fine...I get all 30 items in my instant queue...nothing more.

The fact that you are getting 70 other items is worrisome and I wonder if there is another problem you are having. Are those 70 items anything you recognize as having had in your queue or watched in the past, or are they totally random?

I have 130+ items in my instant queue and haven't had any issues so far.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - bengalih - 2012-04-29

(2012-04-29, 18:35)yeroc1982 Wrote: Say zip does not have correct structure.

Huh

(2012-04-29, 18:43)XeroKool Wrote: I have 130+ items in my instant queue and haven't had any issues so far.

Yeah I have only had issues with my Watched queue being set about about 300. That is where I start to see the timeouts in the packet traces I mentioned above. For troubleshooting purposes I would say setting at around 200 or so just to see if the basic functionality works. If it does, and you are getting issues above that number, then you probably want to capture your HTTP traffic to the Netflix servers and see what response you are getting.

I suspect that the problems with the Instant Queue are the same as those I am seeing with my watched...which is that the Netflix API which is being proxied via Mashery is timing out on the Netflix end from returning such a large list of data. This may be a load issue, as if I try it a dozen times I am likely to get it to succeed once or twice.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - yeroc1982 - 2012-04-29

Anyone know of a working .zip for this? I keep getting " zip does not have correct structure."

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - bengalih - 2012-04-29

(2012-04-29, 19:25)yeroc1982 Wrote: Anyone know of a working .zip for this? I keep getting " zip does not have correct structure."

Well it would help to state what location the .zip you are using is from...but the one that is referenced like a dozen times in this thread at:
https://github.com/spudsdude/XBMC-Flicks/downloads

works 100% fine.

If you have a problem with it...its on your end.

Note when I say works 100% I mean the .zip file is fine... there are still several issues with the plugin itself that are referenced over the past couple of weeks in this thread.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - yeroc1982 - 2012-04-29

(2012-04-29, 19:58)bengalih Wrote:
(2012-04-29, 19:25)yeroc1982 Wrote: Anyone know of a working .zip for this? I keep getting " zip does not have correct structure."

Well it would help to state what location the .zip you are using is from...but the one that is referenced like a dozen times in this thread at:
https://github.com/spudsdude/XBMC-Flicks/downloads

works 100% fine.

If you have a problem with it...its on your end.

Note when I say works 100% I mean the .zip file is fine... there are still several issues with the plugin itself that are referenced over the past couple of weeks in this thread.

Im downloading the .zip to desktop then using cyberduck to add it to. Still coming up zip does not have correct structure.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - bengalih - 2012-04-30

(2012-04-29, 21:58)yeroc1982 Wrote: Im downloading the .zip to desktop then using cyberduck to add it to. Still coming up zip does not have correct structure.

You are the first person to complain there is a problem with the zip. I confirmed that it was working when you asked last time.
So...you don't think that your computer or the program you are using to open it is at fault? Or maybe how you are using it?

Do a search for cyberduck and your error messages...maybe you will find something like this:

http://forum.firecore.com/topic/3879?page=2

Or the dozens of other hits....

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - war2die4 - 2012-04-30

(2012-04-29, 07:01)war2die4 Wrote: Ah that makes me feel much better knowing its not just meSmile

Just to test it I set it to 300 and got no results for movies or tv but it did for all and it gave me 70 items more then I actually have in my queue (weird).

That is strange...I honestly don't use my instant queue that much...I have maybe 30 items in it... I usually only add some movies that I see while browsing. I tend to just pull it up out of the watched queue.

So, for me, everything is working fine...I get all 30 items in my instant queue...nothing more.

The fact that you are getting 70 other items is worrisome and I wonder if there is another problem you are having. Are those 70 items anything you recognize as having had in your queue or watched in the past, or are they totally random?

Honestly it only happened that one time, everytime i tried after that it gets 0 results, on the 300 that is, 200 still gets most results but it gets 0 in sometimes.
my tv queue has close to 80 items and like 120 movies. theres three of us using netflix, and we all watch different things or atleast most of the time.

(2012-04-29, 18:43)XeroKool Wrote:

I have 130+ items in my instant queue and haven't had any issues so far.

what number of items are you retrieving, and are you on eden?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - jdmagoo - 2012-04-30

Im sure this question has being asked before, why can't this app capture the video and have that imbedded seamlessly into the app? I mean this app is awesome but this feature is lacking and is the only resin i have transitioned from plex to xbmc

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - bengalih - 2012-04-30

(2012-04-30, 15:14)jdmagoo Wrote: Im sure this question has being asked before, why can't this app capture the video and have that imbedded seamlessly into the app? I mean this app is awesome but this feature is lacking and is the only resin i have transitioned from plex to xbmc

You're right...it's been asked before...and answered in the FAQ, which is the very first thing on the very first post in this thread.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - tjcinnamon - 2012-05-01

Has this project been abandoned or is there just no more bugs?

https://github.com/spudsdude/XBMC-Flicks looks like the last update was 4 months ago

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - JackRubysDog - 2012-05-01

I get this too. Running Eden.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - fekker - 2012-05-03

Hey folks, been crazy busy. I'll woop up a new zip tonight that fixes things up, thanks for the pm's and fixes by the folks here, nice job!

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - fekker - 2012-05-04

i'm confused.. i downloaded and installed eden (11.0), then the addon https://github.com/spudsdude/XBMC-Flicks/zipball/master

it worked without any issues, instant queue, etc.

Someone hit me up with a list, please be clear about each item, and i'll get it fixed. I don't have time to re-read the last 40 pages or so right now, but if you get me a list I will fix it.

I'll start
1) Experimental search does not return any results for any search string, for example "die" returns results in search, but not in exp search
... devnote: It's not working right now, i'll try to fix it again or remove it (doesn't do anything now)
2) Addon is not listed in XBMC and I have to download the zip file
... devnote: I'm missing some flag in the branch, i'll get that sorted and the new tags added (as required now)

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Zellig - 2012-05-04

So, is there an idiot-proof way to use this with the MCE remote?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - xbmcsnapper - 2012-05-04

Welcome back fekker!