Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - felixxx999 - 2012-10-09

(2012-10-07, 11:31)stevepro Wrote:
(2012-09-24, 22:35)Svaerke Wrote: Just chiming in to say a big thank you; just as Nedley, I applied your two fixes, and both Instant Movies and Instant TV Shows now work.

The TV shows appeared after the first fix, but did not populate until I applied the second fix. So it seems I experienced the exact same problems other users did, and that your fixes helped me. I have not yet experienced any errors after applying the second fix. I even think the shows populate a lot faster now - but that might be my imagination.

Also, please update this thread if you should manage to (re)build a working add-on - I'd love to try it out! If you need any beta testers, I'd be happy to do so.

Thanks again for your work.

I also applied these fixes and they worked like a charm. Great job and thank you for your time.

I did your fixes and they both seemed to work. Thanks so much for figuring it out..

a few noob questions though:

first, the synopsis for all the TV episodes are the synopsis for the series (they're all the same; it's a description of the series as a whole). Is there a way to get the actual description of the episode instead of the show's description?

second, when I open the XBMC for Netflix app it takes me to a screen where I select whether I want to go to my DVD queue or my Instant Watch. Then I have to select my Instant Queue from another menu. Wouldn't it make more sense to go immediately to your instant Queue and maybe also display your Top 10? Seems like having to click 2 or 3 times to get to the list you want is unnecessary. Do people use it to get to their DVD queue?

third, when you click to actually watch something, is it smart enough to know where you left off or does everything start from the beginning.

forth, it doesn't seem to show what's been watched. So for TV episodes it just shows all the episodes for the season -- with no way to tell which ones you watched or partially watched? Or am I missing something, or is something broken?

Anyway, I'm leaning towards using the Windows Media Center Netflix at this point... hopefully someone will tighten things up withe XBMC Flicks.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - spalmisano - 2012-10-09

XBMC Eden on OSX 10.8.2

I was able to get XBMC Flicks working thanks to the good detail in this thread. Thanks for everyone being so thorough.

Questions: when this is working properly, it opens a browser and starts playing the selected Netflix stream that way? Its not supposed to play within XBMC?

I have XBMC set to force full screen, which means this'll attempt to open a browser but won't ever be seen because XBMC's 'always on top' nature overrules, right?

I'd obviously prefer everything to remain within XBMC, but want to double check before I troubleshoot something that's working as designed.

.sal

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - neb_9e8f8 - 2012-10-09

Could not get the instant queue or the browse by genre to work .. must be broken ...?

Able to select and watch a movie. However, unable to find any sort of selection to access TV or movie description?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - JoeBlow42069 - 2012-10-10

How can I exit from the browser back into xbmc?

Re: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - stevepro - 2012-10-10

I use Ctrl-F4 which closes the browser

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - jona_p - 2012-10-10

(2012-10-07, 09:28)jona_p Wrote: Hi,

I cannot find the way to get this working on Eden on Windows 7 32bits. I Always get Script error!

1. Downloaded and placed plugin.video.xbmcflicks at C:\Users\Jona\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons
2. Created advancedsettings.xml and playercorefactory.xml at C:\Users\Jona\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

playercorefactory.xml :

- <playercorefactory>
- <players>
- <player name="IE" type="ExternalPlayer">
<filename>C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</filename>
<args>-k "{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
- <rules action="prepend">
<rule name="html" filetypes="html" player="IE" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

advancedsettings.xml:

- <advancedsettings>
- <videoextensions>
<add>.htm</add>
</videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

Here my verbose xbmc.log

http://pastebin.com/axsXanRU

Thanks in advance!

Anybody please?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - nedley - 2012-10-11

Jona, I've never installed it the way you described, I've just installed it from the zip file and it's worked, I've never created any xml files like you've mentioned, they're already created by the install, so maybe try the zip file and see if that works?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - xbmcsnapper - 2012-10-11

(2012-10-09, 21:33)spalmisano Wrote: Questions: when this is working properly, it opens a browser and starts playing the selected Netflix stream that way? Its not supposed to play within XBMC?

Yes, it is by design. Silverlight is required, so it must use the browser.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - jona_p - 2012-10-11

(2012-10-11, 02:30)nedley Wrote: Jona, I've never installed it the way you described, I've just installed it from the zip file and it's worked, I've never created any xml files like you've mentioned, they're already created by the install, so maybe try the zip file and see if that works?

there is a zip file for EDEN? I think it is just for dhrama...

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - mantene - 2012-10-11

jona_p:

(2010-12-14, 01:42)fekker Wrote: Where do i get it?
- Dharma:The addon is in the official XBMC repo, you can install it from within XBMC. The addon will attempt to create the required playercorefactory and advancedsettings files for it to work, if you already have these files, you will need to manually add the information to them.
- Eden [WIP]: https://github.com/spudsdude/XBMC-Flicks/zipball/master

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - jona_p - 2012-10-11

(2012-10-11, 21:02)mantene Wrote: jona_p:

- Dharma:The addon is in the official XBMC repo, you can install it from within XBMC. The addon will attempt to create the required playercorefactory and advancedsettings files for it to work, if you already have these files, you will need to manually add the information to them.

Thanks Mantene, that's the file I've used. Tried extracting it and also installing it directly from XBMC but always the same problem, Script Failed!

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Cyberius - 2012-10-12

(2012-10-11, 23:19)jona_p Wrote:
(2012-10-11, 21:02)mantene Wrote: jona_p:

Thanks Mantene, that's the file I've used. Tried extracting it and also installing it directly from XBMC but always the same problem, Script Failed!

I also get script failed off the same zip. I've tried editing the playercorefactory.xml but no dice. I am running Eden RC2+HD Audio.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - dordar - 2012-10-14

Hi all.

Im experiencing that when I press alt+f4 when netflix is loaded it closes and then opens again. This continues on loop untill I use ctrl+alt+del to close xbmc.exe.

Playercore:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="IE" type="ExternalPlayer">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe</filename>
<args>-k "{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="html" filetypes="html" player="IE" />
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Does anyone know how to solve this?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - DDay - 2012-10-15

Just tried it out with the october 2 Alpha6 version of Frodo (as Netflix launched here in Sweden today) and everthing loads and work pretty good. Havent done any heavy testing yet, but thought the info might come in handy for other swedes Smile

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - e2zippo - 2012-10-15

(2012-10-15, 10:01)DDay Wrote: Just tried it out with the october 2 Alpha6 version of Frodo (as Netflix launched here in Sweden today) and everthing loads and work pretty good. Havent done any heavy testing yet, but thought the info might come in handy for other swedes Smile

Thanks for that info, I just registered myself, will give it a go, even though I'm on Eden Stable.