Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - mikeyb83 - 2012-10-23

Can anyone advise (in non-technical language) how i change xbmcflicks from using IE to using chrome as I seem to get a/v sync issues in IE

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - elmerohueso - 2012-10-23

(2012-10-23, 06:37)dmeinder Wrote: um....."start" on page 100....geeze.

General forum etiquette is to first read as much as you can, then search, and then ask if someone can point you in the right direction, and while starting at page 100 points in the right direction I dont have time sift and try and sift and try, code then re code etc.... I was more looking for a quick fix to be honest....

I guess there isnt one, as it would most likely be implemented in an update.
I wonder if you even bothered to look at page 100. If you had, you'd notice the fix for the Movie queue is the first post on that page. With a teeny bit of effort, you'd find the fixes for the TV queue on the next few pages. I did it, so have many others.
Seems you failed at your "general forum etiquette". If you're not willing to take the time to look and apply the fixes yourself, how can you expect someone else to take the time and do the work of giving you a "quick fix"?

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - dmeinder - 2012-10-23

Grow up

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - kerpal2020 - 2012-10-25

Does anyone know if the problem with the Max Items to Retrieve set greater than 100 is fixed? I know the issue was that movies/tv can be retrieved when the setting is at 100, but once changed to 200 or more, it no longer can retrieve anything. We tried timeout setting, but that did not work.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - PaulD72 - 2012-10-25

So for people like myself who parsed through the 100+ pages reading everything and trying to understand what it meant (No I don't know how to script in python!).

I can confirm that between the fragmented postings alluding to instant queues having no items starting on page 100 is resolved between the 3 or 4 pages of postings after it.

Editing the Netflix.py makes the TV Shows names show up in the list.
Editing the iqueue.py makes the individual episodes show up. (For the postings on this I'm not sure but copy&paste didn't work for me, I had to eyeball what the posting said and edit the line manually for it to work, maybe some hidden characters in the copy?)

I really love XBMC. I understand that Netflix doesn't necessarily want us to be successful with using their service through XBMC and certainly doesn't make it easy. Yes I did take an hour of trial and error editing the scripts to finally make it work.

It's too bad we have the forum trolls being rude and insulting for people trying to pour through a tremendous amount of non-authoritative data and postings. Everyone isn't a Python developer. Speaking for myself unless I find a fairly English caues/effect/fix I can't look at someone's dump log in a posting and understand it represents the issue I'm seeing. Even if the fix for editing the script is good.

If anyone needs a working copy of the two files above send me a message and I'll get them to you. If we pull together maybe we can keep this addon running until someone with the time and skill can take it and own it.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - fmonaca - 2012-10-26

Well,
I applied the hacks and it doesn't work. No errors, since the syntax is correct, but simply no items in the movies or TV shows: "library empty". I'm using the latest version of XBMC Flicks, by the way.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - CaptainStereo - 2012-10-26

Can someone send me a link to where this has been answered before as I am a single Dad with two kids and a job and don't have the luxury of reading through 100 pages of posts? So the question....

I have Eden, and my Netflix que does not load. I have found no way to get it to ask me for my id and password. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success. I am currently using XBMC on my Windows 7 (64 bit) laptop. I am open to suggestions that don't involve having a PHd in computer science to troubleshoot. If there is a sane answer, I'm very grateful in advance for someone to share it. Much thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - PaulD72 - 2012-10-26

CaptainStereo,

Authentication issues are referenced in the XBMCFlicks FAQ sticky. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87552&pid=1080173#pid1080173
-Didn't help me though.

I did this and it worked for me.

1.) Run XBMC with the -p switch, I think it stands for portable. I saw permission issues with everything going in my profile directory. This helped simplify things for me. All your addons and everything will install to %XBMC%\portable_data\* instead of your profile.
2.) Install the newest version from Github of the addon, think it's from May - https://github.com/spudsdude/XBMC-Flicks
3.) Import the .zip file
4.) Assuming you haven't messed with the PlayerFactory settings, make sure IE is set to your default web browser
5.) Launch IE outside of XBMC and make sure Netflix works with just IE
6.) What's supposed to happen, the first time you launch XBMC it will ask permission to link the addon to your account.
7.) I think it will tell you to exit XBMC completely after you link?
8.) The next time you launch XBMC pick any category other then "Instant..." - those categories are bugged and need a fix
9.) When you pick recommended or new or something else you should see things download to the queue within XBMCFlicks
10.) Launch a movie, at this point you should get prompted for your netflix logon in the IE browser window
11.) The addon is basically working now (hopefully) and you just need to edit the scripts with the fixes from the postings started on page100. These fixes resolve script query issues that prevent the categories that begin with the word "Instant" from working. Big thanks to PatDavid for figuring it all out!!!
12.) Anyone that wants my working copies of the scripts I edited PM me and I'll add you to my dropbox share so you can take my copy.

Good luck man.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - zuditechguy - 2012-10-28

I seem to have fixed my Authentication issues with either setting the correct time on my computer or setting IE as my default browser I know it sounds crazy but everything seemed to work after doing one of those. Everything works now

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - yabsie - 2012-10-29

(2012-10-21, 23:38)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2012-10-19, 19:35)yabsie Wrote: All the categories etc ate empty, only "top 25 " seems to work.
Known issues. Fixes from PatDavid start on page 100.

Edit reason: Removed enormous quote and expired link.

I went back to pg 100, found 3 code changes, one in netflix.py and two in iqueue.py and applied all three, I verified the new changes where compiled on a rerun, and I am still seeing same results.

For example, all my genres are empty, even though i look through the log and they are gettng DL'd from netflix, there is a no matching regex and teh critical error is thrown.

/i searched the whole forum for this critical error and found nada, so I think i may have a unique problem, I dont much feel like re posting that whole wall of text that was my log, but i am seeing the same results as before.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - yabsie - 2012-10-30

(2012-10-29, 04:21)yabsie Wrote:
(2012-10-21, 23:38)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2012-10-19, 19:35)yabsie Wrote: All the categories etc ate empty, only "top 25 " seems to work.
Known issues. Fixes from PatDavid start on page 100.

Edit reason: Removed enormous quote and expired link.

I went back to pg 100, found 3 code changes, one in netflix.py and two in iqueue.py and applied all three, I verified the new changes where compiled on a rerun, and I am still seeing same results.

For example, all my genres are empty, even though i look through the log and they are getting DL'd from netflix, there is a no matching regex and teh critical error is thrown.

/i searched the whole forum for this critical error and found nada, so I think i may have a unique problem, I dont much feel like re posting that whole wall of text that was my log, but i am seeing the same results as before.

Well, while not exactly a python expert I did see something, Line 705 ish of iqueue.py

I see something like this:

matchIds4 = re.search(r'"type": "NetflixCatalog.Model.BoxArt".*?}, ".*Url": "http://.*?.nflximg.com/us/boxshots/(small|tiny|large|ghd|small_epx|ghd_epx|large_epx|88_epx|tiny_epx)/(\d{1,15}).jpg"', curQueueItem, re.DOTALL | re.IGNORECASE | re.MULTILINE)

Now my data looks something like this:

"type": "Netflix.Catalog.v2.BoxArt"

}, "SmallUrl": "http://cdn-1.nflximg.com/images/9673/299673.jpg", "MediumUrl": "http://cdn-1.nflximg.com/images/9458/459458.jpg", "LargeUrl": "http://cdn-1.nflximg.com/images/9188/569188.jpg", "HighDefinitionUrl": "http://cdn-1.nflximg.com/images/7954/1097954.jpg"

the cdn-1 bugs me because 1) I amusing unblockus, and 2) I told xbmcflix that I am not in canada, but whatrs more important is that it seems netflix is talking a different version that the code is . NF is proving Netflix.Catalog.v2.BoxArt and iqueue.py doesn't know how to read it and is looking for NetflixCatalog.Model.BoxArt

I dont know python well and I don't know this code at all, so any help would grand.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - dmeinder - 2012-10-30

I also applied the changes from PaulD (Thanks!!) and I still have same result....thanks for sharing the files and offering to help.

I'll be cancelling Netflix anyway....as the sound is horrible through HTPC as it seems there is no way to bitstream from web browser, even when bitsreaming is natively set up on the HDMI Driver...everything else works but Netflix.

Having said that, I don't believe that even using XBMC with HD audio will correct the problem because it "calls" IE to play the content.

Cheers!

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Karter - 2012-10-31

(2012-10-23, 16:07)mikeyb83 Wrote: Can anyone advise (in non-technical language) how i change xbmcflicks from using IE to using chrome as I seem to get a/v sync issues in IE

Thanks
Using different browsers

I know this is a little late ... but might help others

in your C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playercorefactory.xml file

change the browser location to
<filename> location </filename>

typical Internet Explorer

<player name="IE" type="ExternalPlayer">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
</filename>

Google chrome (usual location)
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
</filename>

Firefox (usual location)
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
</filename>

for Firefox you may have to remove the -k argument

fekker (the original author) gives instructions around page 12 i think between (12-24) Smile

the IEWRAP.exe file

for myself i downloaded the IEWrapper and put it in my userdata folder (the IEwrapper I think can only be used with IE)
<filename>C:\Users\DON\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\iewrap.exe
</filename>
it just adds a little button in the corner to close it with, makes it a little easier to use.

-----

Another special NOTE if you are editing Python files (these are just .xml so won't matter) but Netflix.py and iqueue.py files

It is my understanding that spacing (specifically indentations) is very important in python scripts. So I try to alter the scripts as little as possible. Don't know if it matters but my alterations worked fine.

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - PaulD72 - 2012-11-02

For anyone having issues with having Netflix prompt for credentials to generate your user file with authentication hash...

I can confirm that if your date&time or timezone is wrong you won't get prompted by Netflix to enter your credentials and link your account to the plugin. It was driving me crazy and couldn't figure it out but then recalled another persons post saying something about date/time and I found my system had the wrong timezone set.

Good luck folks.

-pd

RE: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - zuditechguy - 2012-11-02

(2012-11-02, 15:20)PaulD72 Wrote: For anyone having issues with having Netflix prompt for credentials to generate your user file with authentication hash...

I can confirm that if your date&time or timezone is wrong you won't get prompted by Netflix to enter your credentials and link your account to the plugin. It was driving me crazy and couldn't figure it out but then recalled another persons post saying something about date/time and I found my system had the wrong timezone set.

Good luck folks.

-pd

Thanks for confirming this for me. I was about to give up last week and just happen to notice my time was off. Change it and everything worked!