Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

- isamu.dragon - 2010-12-24

clubwerks Wrote:Settings>Add-on>Get Add-on>All Add-ons>Video Add-ons>XBMC Flicks

also you may need to force a refresh

- thehankstar - 2010-12-24

clubwerks Wrote:Settings>Add-on>Get Add-on>All Add-ons>Video Add-ons>XBMC Flicks

I previously upgraded to 10.0 Dharma from an earlier SVN version but kept the profile folder during installation. Deleted that, and all was gold.

Queue cut short? - chemderived - 2010-12-24

Thanks for the excellent add-on! It looks and (mostly) works great for me.

I just noticed, though, it seems to be cutting off my queue midway. It will only list about 70 titles, but my instant queue has 200 titles. I have them listed alphabetically, and nothing after the letter "L" shows up. Is anyone else having this problem?

- trevorcobb - 2010-12-24

subscribed for the possibility of running this on my ATV Gen 1

Outside CONUS? - wbread99 - 2010-12-24

We canceled our netflix account when we took an overseas assignment and found netflix doesn't allow streaming outside the country. I used a proxy server for a bit but between that and horrible bandwidth here in Turkey, it wasn't working out.

Any chance this plug in gets around this restriction?

Thanks in advance..
Sean

- Abe Froman - 2010-12-24

wbread99 Wrote:Any chance this plug in gets around this restriction?

No.

- tcat - 2010-12-24

fekker Wrote:send the f key to make it fullscreen
the f key seems to detach silverlight from the wrapper and it gets hidden behind it. its still there and still playing but i cant get it to come back to the top. i also want to send the f key automatically when iewrap starts up.

- fekker - 2010-12-24

tcat Wrote:the f key seems to detach silverlight from the wrapper and it gets hidden behind it. its still there and still playing but i cant get it to come back to the top. i also want to send the f key automatically when iewrap starts up.

i'll rework that wrapper after the holiday's, for now just use IE instead of the wrapper.

For those having issues with the playercorefactory and advancedsettings, i.e. it fails to launch IE and play the movie, i've made changes so it'll create those automatically. It may fail on permissions if you have locked down your folder permissions, but should work by default. (tested on 4 machines here)

i've commited 1.0.8, this version will automatically create the playercorefactory.xml and advancedsettings.xml based on your OS.

Should be ready and in XBMC's repo soon

- KennethC - 2010-12-24

LastChoice Wrote:I just set this up last night, and I'm really impressed.

Great work and thanks for pulling this together, I can't wait to see how it progresses now that it's out in the wild.

Setup using the latest version of XBMC was simple and quick, and browsing and launching movies works great.

The primary thing left to sort out in my setup is the remote control. For the rest of my XBMC setup I use a Harmony programmed with a Microsoft RC6 profile and I use the MCE Remote plug-in. From what I can tell I will need to do some setup to get this working correctly with the Netflix Silverlight Player in IE. The Netflix player does not seem to pickup the remote control commands by default.

I took a quick look the link from the first post in this thread, but got a little lost since I am not famliar with Event Ghost. Before I dive too deep into this piece of the setup...what is everyone else doing for remote control of the Netflix player? Is there something simple that MCE Remote can do to help with this?

Thanks!

I am in the exact same boat... anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

- Vultures - 2010-12-24

Not really a solution, but... I am using Logitech DiNovo keyboard to manage stuff outside XBMC, including IE with Netflix. It's pretty slick, bluetooth, and includes touchpad.
There's also mini version.

- KennethC - 2010-12-24

Vultures Wrote:Not really a solution, but... I am using Logitech DiNovo keyboard to manage stuff outside XBMC, including IE with Netflix. It's pretty slick, bluetooth, and includes touchpad.
There's also mini version.

I'm using an Acer Aspire Revo 3700 for my HTPC and it came with a wireless keyboard and mouse and both are pretty slick as well. I'm totally fine with it, but the WAF takes a hit here... Smile

I think what would help, and I have no idea if this plugin controls/can control it, is that if the keys used were something other than key combinations. For example, if instead of Shift-Left Arrow to rewind, it could simply be the letter R, we would be able to map that accordingly with the MCE Remote.

- fade23 - 2010-12-24

tcat Wrote:the f key seems to detach silverlight from the wrapper and it gets hidden behind it. its still there and still playing but i cant get it to come back to the top. i also want to send the f key automatically when iewrap starts up.

I've been struggling with this behavior as well in IEWrap. If I try to send keystrokes to the Silverlight app itself via EventGhost, it doesn't seem to catch them until after fullscreen is enabled. I think the ideal behavior here would be if IEWrap would just emulate the "F" keystroke itself on startup to bring it to fullscreen (not sure why anyone would want it to play otherwise in an HTPC environment). If it could take care of that itself, then the various keyboard commands should work without any help.

In the meantime, I've created an EventGhost script to emulate mouse action to find the Full Screen button and push it, along with other transport controls that will function properly once it's in fullscreen mode: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7694146/iewrap.xml. Note, it's tuned for an MCE remote and a resolution of 1920x1080, so you'll need to alter the events that trigger each macro and the coordinates of the Move Mouse action appropriately. This can replace the AutoHotkey script (which I found was working inconsistently anyway, I suspect because some of the same focus issues), so you don't need to use the alt player in the setup. The only thing I don't have working yet is rewind and fastforward; I need to figure out how to use a single keystroke in Evenghost (ie, pressing the ffw button on your remote once) to put the player into frame mode and then keep advancing until another button is pressed.

- fade23 - 2010-12-24

KennethC Wrote:I think what would help, and I have no idea if this plugin controls/can control it, is that if the keys used were something other than key combinations. For example, if instead of Shift-Left Arrow to rewind, it could simply be the letter R, we would be able to map that accordingly with the MCE Remote.

This particular action is tricky; see my post above. The Shift-Left Arrow combo is prescribed by the Netflix Silverlight player itself, so there's no way to change the native behavior. Plus, it's actually takes two actions to accomplish this (put it in frame mode, and THEN shift-left, and repeat the shift-left action only). There needs to be an intermediate layer to take a single remote action and translate it to what the Silverlight player is expecting. I'm trying to get that working in EventGhost, or fekker could try building it into the IEWrap itself.

- SikeMo - 2010-12-25

I am using the latest version now and still can't get it to work. I am using Firefox as my default Win7 browser. Could this be causing the problem?

- fekker - 2010-12-26

SikeMo Wrote:I am using the latest version now and still can't get it to work. I am using Firefox as my default Win7 browser. Could this be causing the problem?

try the latest 1.0.8 - https://github.com/spudsdude/XBMC-Flicks/zipball/master